• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What should be the next priority?

What should be tackled next?

• Finish first part of Dungeon 4

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • New character class

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • More Blackfire Deep

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • New abilities for all classes

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'm currently still busy playing some other games, but as the holiday season approaches, I might happen to have more time at my hands again to work on new content.

Currently, I'm structuring all the bug reports I received over the last months since the release of 1.2D(5) to fix them in time.

After I implement these, I'm free to work on new content and I'm fine with either of these and I'd like to get your oppinion on what I should focus on:

1) Finishing the first part of D4
Completing the first 3 bosses of the Arsaios dungeon along with new loot to find.

2) Adding a new advanced character class
As the name implies, I have ideas for another new unlockable character class.

3) Add new content to Blackfire Deep
More tile types, more floor events, more mobs, more legendaries to find.

4) Add a set of new abilities for each class
1-2 new abilities for each advanced class to tinker around with.

khj

khj

Level 2
As a few words about Blackfire, I can say that it is good as it is right now. Also, the Blackfire was conceived as an optional thing, which took the place in ~80% of all hosted gaias games after v1.2D(5) has been released. So only a few minor improvements would be enough.

People only I thirst for new and fresh content.

I'm so damn HYPED.

Level 7
New Class > New Abilities > D4 > BFD

Each class and ability sadly has a chance of being released as broken, and if something is terribly broken then it can have a large effect on new content. Releasing new content and then new skills could lead to making the new content too easy which would be more destructive than if the broken parts can only be used to abuse the old content that most players have completed already anyway.

BFD also has some issues with greater summoning rod stacking making getting legendary items much too easy. So unless we address that issue then Im not sure its really all that beneficial to add more stuff to BFD anyway.

Level 1
Why would u add another class when most of the existing classes need talents' rework and ofc more skills?.
Many builds are not supported, like one-hand zerk, physical crusader, etc.
Me and many other (i want to believe) liked gaias because it offered build options, its a shame that that idea is being held back..

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Agree entirely Manipulation. We have enough classes for now - shallow as several of them are due to having only one build. Adding new abilities to existing classes will feel like several new classes have been brought to the game.

My second priority would be D4. But I feel that we need more fleshed out classes before that can truly be enjoyed in all its glory.

Last edited:
Level 10
I for one am dying to finally be able to enter D4 and begin the high end dungeons/bosses

EDIT: And since a new char was added not too long ago I think that should be lower on the priority. If I had to choose an order i'd go:

First batch of D4 bosses > New abilities > additions to Blackfire> New class (or even next batch of D4 bosses then new class).

We are at the point in Gaias where we want to see new content not a continuation of what's already there

Last edited:
Level 1
I know most of the updates are centered around making late-game content but I personally would like to see some modifications to some of the mid-game content. I think D2 and D3 for example are not rewarding enough for anybody around the appropriate level to want to complete. To complete the dungeon 3 waves for example, you need at least three level chars around level 30 to even attempt it, and the items are only level 23, and the creeps don't offer much exp as compensation. I think raising the level of mobs in dungeon 2-3 and dropping items that are a bit higher level might make players want to actually play those dungeons. Some of the level 28 items from Guldan and Rexxar could drop in D3 for example, might make those dungeons worth playing.

I also think adding a world boss between Zaggat and Dun Haldran might be cool. Seems like a big gap between the two of them.

Level 8
Just new content please.
I've had enough of blackfire deep. The idea of having a procedural dungeon to dick around in is great, but now it's considered the endgame, almost all games are bfd games and its just not fun anymore, it's something you have to do to get max gear. However, since there's no difficult content currently, there's nothing to use that max gear on.
Valkyrie was added not too long ago, we don't need another class urgently.
I'd love new skills, but again, without challenging content to test against, how do we balance these skills?

Perhaps beta release some boss encounters for testing (like scorp), then do the skills. We can test them all at once, then when happy you can release arsaios completely with creeps and item drops. Main thing is content though. People may not want to admit it but gaias is completely dead ATM with just a sprinkling of blackfire games going. Even the few new players that come will go level50 then drown in blackfire because there's not much to do in the main game.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Problem with not adding new skills before D4: D4 starts out with useless items that will only make sense once we get new builds (zerker shield, sader 2h, druid dps, etc..).

Naah, I'd rather have great classes before the endgame is added so we have more options than pressing the same buttons day in and day out (as it is now). But yeah I understand and agree that BFD has taken the entire game atm.

Last edited:
Level 8
The buttons will still be the same though. Whatever build you choose, you're going to decide on a rotation and stick to it. The only thing that truly changes your gameplay is new content.

Anyway, while new skills sounds amazing, these would be advanced skills right? Probably 27+, because we would need all tiers to have 2 options before starting to add a third. In that case it's not so good for blackfire runs (most are keyless/green) and therefore not much use in general, because there's simply not enough late content to play around with at the moment. You can start lvl1 and reach level50 whitepine boss gear in one day, and most hardcore gaias fans who are actually still playing are already capped anyway. The new skills will hardly see the light of day. Maybe a week or so will people come back and check things out then it's going to be dead again (or pure BFD runs).

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Well, that may be true Kam.

EDIT: Actually I would vote for implementing new abilities AND D4 part one at the same time. I don't mind waiting a bit longer to get both simultaneously.

Last edited:
Level 1
its too obv, than more peoples waiting new skills\ dung 4 very long time, but this work simply bigger than work under new stuff BFD\new class.
Just we have something like said Kam, dung 4 new challenge, reason came back for all, who take 1 year more break till wait this thing. Also it may be starter point for new skills, becouse for new skills need large tests. New BFD stuff, hmmm.... We just have very much only BFD games, but some peoples ( and newbies too) may forget how to bossing :D so just high end content lookcs like alternative for BFD games. New class ? Dont think so all feel valkyrie, it added with d ver, and i think also any big part of new content ( if it have some bugs\etc) reason for try to find it and help Zwieb fix it. Who know when and who take new break ^^
Ofc vote for d4>skills>bfd>new class
nice byte to cr8 my account after 8 years only read-mode here :D

Level 1
I think new skills/talents is better because, as always ppl will rush the new content (dungeon 4) and that will be it, while with more skills/talents, even at lower lvls ppl will have something to do, experiment with builds.

Level 5
^ That and also new skills/talents is kinda a 2 in 1, it actually makes you theory craft and come up with newer builds for blackfire runs too. Creating a new experience than the vanilla skills. Two bird with one stone baby.

Level 5
Consider how much they wanna milk their old classic games, it will only be a matter of time, I don't see a Warcraft 4, also imagine play Gaias in 2017 - 2018 engine graphics..... kinda like starcraft 2 but better.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The current state of bugfixing:

TsfYEzt.gif

Level 18
D4 for sure, the faster we get to Dungeon 5 the better (that sweet floating island, been waiting for it since 2009)

By the way, I believe that advanced classes should have secondary skill choices as well, maybe in the future.

Last edited:
Level 10
Yeah, you can actually test the first boss of D4 in the floating islands. Apparently there's supposed to be like 7-9 bosses in it when it's all said and done

Status
Not open for further replies.