1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias Retaliation Enhanced: v1.2C (15) - Download here

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This version requires Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6] to be played in multiplayer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's going to be fun waiting for the weekend to try this.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow. Incredible. The hype is real for D4 and new abilities :D

EDIT: Noticed a bug with the bridge just west of Dun Haldran. The model for it appears to be missing. There is simply a broken bridge which is still passable :)

Suggestion: increase hero size with .10 scale. Now that their models look better, I think it warrants a better display :).
    Also, tbh I feel that the hero models are just generally a little too small.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Updated the initial post with a new version fixing the bug where backpacks did not properly carry over when using a Keystone to save your gear.

5. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    stupit we need a bypass
    i dont know why blizzard cant just make the limit up to 30mb

6. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Updated fixing several bugs.

7. SHBlade

SHBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not map.

8. Skarm

Skarm

Resources:
    Resources:
    To anyone wondering, moss and I banged our heads against this for a while and finally solved the issue, it was the 8mb patch at fault.

Apparently if you want to host you need to rename forcefixsizelimit to FixSizeLimit.dll. And we couldn't get anyone (even with the patch, name change or not) to download the map via client. But, we had no issues whatsoever playing with people who downloaded the map manually from here.

Now the hype for Blackfire begins!

9. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this information. The install instruction made by the fix' author is hardly helpful.

10. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blackfire still has issues with resetting after wipes. Ihaz and I entered, died, reentered, died again, and then couldn't enter a third time.

Edit: Remade the map, tried to enter, and didn't even get to enter once in that game! In all 3 instances of seeing Blackfire break, the one thing all 3 have had in common now is Hexblade attempting to enter first xD!.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  11. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This bug is really weird; I checked the game files and couldn't find anything related to this. If I can find a way to reproduce this solo, i could test some stuff out, but so far it only occured in multiplayer games.

12. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    will you add chains to the normal game in low/mid level?

13. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am having trouble joining the Ent bot. I tried to host myself with it but I get kicked instantly every time. I have 2 files in my directory from the patch: ForceFixSizeLimit.dll & GameDll_fix_mapsize_limit.mix.
    I realise the install description says something about needing an injector, but since there is no link to one (only to one for D3 in a locked forum) I dunno... please help me, anybody

14. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    FixSizeLimit.dll should allow you to host the map manually, you'll need the original file forcefixsizelimit without the .dll extension to join maps not hosted by yourself.

15. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    And where to get that file? In the zip there is no such file. Which one should be renamed: the dll or the mix one?
    Horrible install instructions in the readme. If he just clearly stated which file to rename, which file to drag to wc3, then it would be easy.

16. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had two files in the Zip.

GameDll_Fix_mapsize_limit.mix
    Forcefixsizelimit (This is the file you need, it has no extension).

Skarm's instructions earlier in the thread had you change Forcefixfilelimit to Fixsizelimit.dll. Changing this allows you to host the map, but not join it. So I believe you'll need to go back into your original zip file, and copy over forcefixsizelimit file again, which is what allows you to join games. If its not in your zip file then you changed the file in the zip before moving it to your Warcraft3 folder, so you'll probably have to redownload the zip file for a fresh copy.

17. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot Box. Now it works. Your instructions should be added to first post as everything else makes no sense.

18. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would it technically be possible for the game to save the alternate magician class with a different named save file? It'll be difficult to tell apart which code belongs to which model. Something like the female version saving as "Magician2- (character level)". It'd also be good for not having other characters being written over for those who don't back up their save files.

Edit: It seems you forgot to level cap the new Magician's base class. Can level past 25 with freedom x].

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  19. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    what about a -save2 command that just adds a 2 to the files name so you can have 2 diffrent saves for the same class since there will be are multiple ways to play each class

20. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why do people feel the need to have everything in an RPG? Choose a role and stick to it, there's no collector's achievement. When everyone has everything, you're all just clones of each other, there's no sense of originality or individuality in the community.