• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

6th Class or just new abilities for current 5?

6th class or more abilities for current 5

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well basically, would we rather see a new class with same amount of skills as other classes, or more skills to be added to the current 5 classes as zweib plans to do, it is his rpg, but isnt he really making it for us the players? Zweib also said he likes to break moulds or cliches, so why not break your own mould if thats the only one that remains?

Level 13
tbh as much as we all like the idea in the end the work comes down to zwieb and this is something to prep AFTER 1.1n, maybe even after 1.2.

I'll vote sure but I don't think anyone should expect anything until zwiebs workload reduces.

Level 18
Zwieb was planning to add a scout in the early beta so why not add it now :p

it could be some kind of class whose main role is to take out some trash mobs easily before the actual group enters the fight.

it could also have some abilities that go through bosses magic inmunity.

idk that's the only kind of concept not yet explored and the actual thing is that zwieb was planning to add it in the early versions

Level 9
Also heres my big ass detailed once again class thing, got bored once again, warrior type class, that can act like a lower dps high armor mage, or a tank, both of which can still be a very good debuffer. Probably needs tweaked.

Nomad
(revised)

The Nomadic Tale

A nomadic tribe of Shaman have come to Mytargas to help agaisnt the plague and hopefully find a cure to heal the sick in their tribe, hoping to have a better chance they send a young, intelligent and strong willed novice of their tribe to the northern reaches of Ankhmaron. Hoping that the Nomad will learn more about magic and the people around here to help with fighting the plague.

The Nomadic Tale, Cont.

The Nomad is a to-be Shaman, still needing to complete his Ritual to become a true Shaman or a Sentinel, depending on the path he so wishes to choose. Mainly focusing on melee combat with short to medium ranged spells, based off of the main Shamanistic elements: Fire, lightning, poison and moon for offence, while useing nature, and water for defensive purposes. Moon is called magic by the locals.

Base Stats: Nomad
Main Attribute: Strength
Armor Type: Mail
Off-Hand: Talismans - A symbol of what the Nomad stands for giving him powers
Weapons: Swords
Strength: 4+.4
Agility: 4+.3
Intelligence: 4.5+.4
Health: 80
Mana: 60

Tier Two Classes

Shaman: A warrior that still is in touch with his innate magic, capable of controlling the power of the forest and of storms. Practically can be an effective mage type class, or as an offtank, with aoe capabilities, however much shorter ranged spells than that of a Magician. The Shaman keeps the same off-hand as the Nomad. Base Stat: Strength

Sentinel: A protector of the living, a being whom devotes himself to saving allies and smiting his enemies. Can be used as an offtank similiar to the Shaman, or as a debuffing class more effectivly. With less tanking abilities than the Crusader, but more debuffs than any other class. The Sentinal is able to use both Talismans and, Wards. Base Stat: Strength

Ward: A catalyst that shrouds the weilder in a veil, increasing their capabilities, usually in a defensive manner.

Abilities: Nomad
Lunar Flare - Deals {spellpowerX2.25} magic damage to the target, gains an AoE when the moon is shining. Basic abilitiy, same cast time, and mana cost as Fireball. Basic.

Lethal Adreneline - Deals {spellpowerX.25} poison damage back to the attacker, when they use physical attacks. Lasts for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds. Mana Cost: 6 Basic.

Overgrowth - Magically enhances the ground beneath the target, sprouting massive vines, trapping the enemey in place for 13 seconds. Mana Cost: 7. Cooldown: 20 seconds. 250 gold.

Quick Strike - A lightning fast, blunt, melee attack dealing {attackpowerX1} and leaves the target 'disoriented'. Reducing their attack speed by 5% for 34 seconds. Cooldown: 17 seconds. 250 gold.

Bark Skin - Enchant the targets skin to become as hard as wood, increasing their armor by {level X .33} and resistances by 5% for 90 seconds. Cooldown: 5 seconds. Mana Cost: 3. 1000 gold.

Soothing Balm - Decreases the targets aggression, decreasing their attackpower by 5% and spellhaste by 10% for 20 seconds. Cooldown: 23 seconds. Mana Cost: 5. World Boss Skill.

Savagery - Increases attackpower by {strengthX.2} and aggro produced by auto-attacks by 10%, but halves spellpower. Toggle. Cooldown: 60 seconds. Mana Cost: 5. Dungeon Skill.

Shaman's Abilities

Lightning Call - All enemies around the caster are struck by lightning taking (spellpowerX2) lightning damage. Cooldown: a tiny bit longer than incinerate.

Ignition - Set the target ablaze dealing {spellpowerX4} over 13 seconds. Double damage if the target is under the effect of "overgrowth" but consumes the debuff. Cooldown: 13 Seconds. Mana Cost: 8. 5000 gold.

Solar Eclipse - Create the illusion of night, causing time to still pass, but the Moon to still shine in the heavens rather than the Sun. Lasts for 30 Seconds. Mana Cost: 15. Cooldown: 1 minute. 7000 gold, 2 MC.

Toxic Barb - Hurl a magical spear comprised of nature's toxins dealing (spellpowerX3) damage on impact then slowing the targets movement speed by 10% over the next 15 seconds. Mana Cost: 8. Cooldown: 15 seconds. 3 second cast time. High Level World Drop.

Sprite of the Moon - Summon a ghostly owl that casts Luna's Wrath dealing (spellpower) damage. Double damage at night. Cooldown: 90 seconds. Mana Cost: 40. Luna's Wrath's cast time and mana cost similar to firebolt. Dungeon 4 Boss Drop

Sentinal's Abilities

Savior - Absorbs all of the target's aggro for 6 seconds. However the target regains all lost aggro and additional aggro produced, after the duration. Mana Cost: 5. Cooldown: 30 seconds. 5000 gold.

Fog Bank - Conjures heavy fog in an area decreasing all enemies evasion, and chance to hit for 30 seconds, also leaves the targets "soaked" decreasing lightning resistance by 20%. Mana Cost: 9 Cooldown: 30 seconds. 5000 gold.

Chasten - Strike out and punish the target dealing (attackpowerX3) physical damage and leaving them disoriented reducing attackspeed by 5% for 34 seconds. Cooldown: 34 Seconds. Mana Cost: 6. 7000 Gold 2 MC

Punctual Strikes - While a target is "disoriented" you produce 15% more aggro per physical attack. Passive. High Level World Drop.

Restrain - Magically restrain the target reducing the targets spell damage by 10%, and decreasing their evasion by 10% as well, for 20 seconds. Cooldown: 25 seconds. Mana Cost: 9. Dungeon 4 Boss Drop.

Last edited:
Level 8
I like the idea behind your class dial. I also love the fact it is another melee since if it is added it would make it a total of 3 melee 3 range.

I also like how you say it should be a mail wearing class since there is only one at the moment. But i think swords might not be the go but i am not sure.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmm... please don't be too confident about the sixth class idea. While it is possible to add one, it would need to change and update a huge amount of systems in the game to make it work. It would also require a model that fits current attachment models, especially mail armors very well, which might not be that easy to achieve.

New skills for existing classes will definitely come with 1.2.
Probably even more than I planned, as I already released 2 of the 3 new skills anyway.

Level 18
lol ihaz if you aren't giving an original concept why do you post your suggestion as must be?, we don't want this thread to be suggestions for 6th class 2 god damnit.

i said scout BECAUSE ZWIEB WAS PLANNING TO ADD IT.
and no it didn't turn into rangers at start we were going to have 6 classes (all the ones right now plus scout)

the only good thing you suggested was the shaman which could be like the other advanced class for the scout (unless zwieb adds a shaman and their advanced class could be warlock (demons ftw O_O)

Level 9
uhhm... a suggestion is a suggestion, not a must be, idk where you got that idea darkly, if he dosnt want to add it, or add something idc, just a suggestion.

Level 6
why like all ppl using bad words recently cant they talk nice w.o the "fuck" "shit" and the others u know?

Level 17
Spam.

I think a sixth class, while possible and desirable, may also be unconventional and unnecessary. Zwieb has enough on his plate as is, and I think adding more to the current classes will add to the amount of working builds we have, and enable people to be a little more 'individual' with their characters.

And darkly, at least ihaz has contributed positively to this thread by making a suggestion. No need to flame him for helping, or steering the topic in the right direction, unlike yourself.

Level 13
no u spam

I've been over this kind of shit so many times that even the request looks like spam, sorry ihaz.

Anything like this is worth looking into post 1.2. A debuffing class is the only thing we're really missing and more skills might cover that anyway.

Level 6
Spammm

I prefer more work on the current classes due i think the make of a new hero would probably require a whole thing of review of all map to make it and i dont rly want more delays on 1.2

Level 13
It won't really need a MASSIVE review of the map but after 1.2 that should probably be done anyway, smooth the edges before implementing new content.

Level 9
I guess this was a bad time to post it, probably shoulda waited till after 1.2 to post the poll, o well, could always post it again after 1.2, maybe.

Level 13
Oh good lord no the dota community is fucking horrible lol. Those are some fucked up people right there I mean I'm fairly sure most of my attitude comes from playing dota for 6 years but jesus there are so many, just, plain obnoxious people who play dota, disgusting fucking human beings right there.

Same is true for many places in the world but dota and it's community is a fucking shithole. Still love to play it though, no idea why.

Level 6
Gaias comunity might have gotten a bit creeppy but theres no way it can be as horse shi*t as the dota community

Level 13
Sounds like all 3 games have the same kinds of people, hell, most games do if you play with veterans but the gaias people are no where near as aggressive as AOS players.

Level 5
I never played LoL (League of Losers/Lesbians) or HoN (Hobby of Noobs) but I do play dota 2, and the community is full of assholes, but the better you get the less stupid assholes you get to play with.

Level 13
I never played LoL (League of Losers/Lesbians) or HoN (Hobby of Noobs) but I do play dota 2, and the community is full of assholes, but the better you get the less stupid assholes you get to play with.

This is roughly true but they also get a hell of a lot more obnoxious. It is good to see most arguments come down to mechanics rather than the size of someone's theoretical mother though.

Level 1
I honestly believing a variety of skills are better compared to having a new job.

Level 8
Hmm... please don't be too confident about the sixth class idea. While it is possible to add one, it would need to change and update a huge amount of systems in the game to make it work. It would also require a model that fits current attachment models, especially mail armors very well, which might not be that easy to achieve.

New skills for existing classes will definitely come with 1.2.
Probably even more than I planned, as I already released 2 of the 3 new skills anyway.

Cool, new toys ;)

Level 2
not a bad idea, tbh pretty much every possible class has been made so far, you have the 5 regular starters than each have 2 branch offs so really theres not too much more you could do. Something like this would probably be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.