• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thread for Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
wellim just saying, why have the option to pvp people whereever rather thne just going to arena, would save space, or in my opinon make it so the other person has to accept.

Level 13
The game isn't balanced for pvp, and i'm not asking for an armor with 75% to all resists, unless it's crusader only and WAYYYYYY down the line gear wise, but something that say uses the FR harness and an upcoming WR harness for example would combine to create (for the sake of amusing zelda fans) Twinrova's Garments. Then again that's more fitting for a mage but the point is we'd get an item that works on 2-3 resistances with varying values, it could give less than the grand total of 35 fr and 35 wr (examples) and just offer a total of 30 to each because of it's tradeoff of being a more efficent piece of gear. Or it can be difficult to obtain and boost both to 40, helping build towards endgame gear but not rendering resistances absolutely useless because right now saders rocking 95% FR at firelord laugh at ashes which kind of defeats the purpose of the fire damage.

Level 13
But yeah, pvp, it's for fun, if someones rocking FR throw globes and lightning charges at them etc, we won't see balanced pvp with bishops charging around taking fuck all damage and dishing out massive numbers at will.

Level 8
Multi ress gear is good but not if it provides ressistance for oposit elements like ice and fire.

I'd say resistance to fire& lightning can be togheter, so ice and water
So in duel mage can alvays pick something and we also got less ressistance items , cant see it other way

Level 13
Yet again, the game isn't balanced for pvp.
Plus there are more elements than water and fire, I'm assuming down the line sorcs will control at least 4 while necros have their share of poison and shadow. Overall resistance gear can be handled when the time comes, i.e various d4 bosses, but balancing it around a mages pvp output is a crappy idea.

Level 8
I know it's not balanced, but still its an option and some ppl like to pvp even if 1v1 isnt balnced some 2v2, 3v3 are rly funny.
lets not make some classes complety immune.
armor that provides ressistance to 2 or 3 elemetals is max in my opinion.

Level 2
whats the use of the bank if you got a complete set with 2-3 element resistant that will fit in your back pack... might as well ask Z to release an item with 100% AllR!!!!

slackers...

Level 13
I know it's not balanced, but still its an option and some ppl like to pvp even if 1v1 isnt balnced some 2v2, 3v3 are rly funny.
lets not make some classes complety immune.
armor that provides ressistance to 2 or 3 elemetals is max in my opinion.

even then, you could specifically request players don't use heavy resistance based gear in pvp.

Trollface you're retarded, the heavy resistance based armors would be associated with bosses that put out shittons of elemental damage. 2-3 is the max yes, or armors that put out 30% to AR if it covers too many areas. All of these items can be tested and balanced when the time comes anyway but not around a mages pvp damage. If you want pvp play dota.

I personally would like a balanced pvp system but I don't see that happening in gaias with shit like bishops and evasion heavy monks, the only things that benefit pvp wise atm are nukes like revenge so it ultimately ends up being pointless.

Level 8
teaming is funny

played monk, assasin zerker vs bish hunter and nec
was kinda balanced match and gave us lot of fun ;)

with no resi armor request is like kicking cheater in legion td, "there is alvays 1 retard who cant do it or just wont do it for fun" ;)

Bank idea is good cos ppl like to keep some gear like assa, 1 for arp and for critt, and other just for look maybe ;)
but multi ressistanse should be litmited to 2-3 of 8 total elementals? im right?

Level 13
Not another flame thread kid, go work on your sentence structure then come back and give your crappy ideas a go. This thread is for brainstorming, not whining about gear that isn't even in game yet. If you have any REAL ideas sure go for it, but otherwise, fuck off.

Level 3
Not another flame thread kid, go work on your sentence structure then come back and give your crappy ideas a go. This thread is for brainstorming, not whining about gear that isn't even in game yet. If you have any REAL ideas sure go for it, but otherwise, fuck off.

You call trollface retarded and then you say that? Noone likes a hypocrit (sorry for any mispellings) so maybe you should try to restrain from that, like i have said many times.

Level 2

now you are a grammar police? eh? what you trying to prove? you are einstein? hahaha

try scanning through my posts and you'll find my opinion bout this thread until you call people names.. so again.. you really need to get laid. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 4
Why do vestra and son have to be in every single flame war, i wonder.. Please guys stop insulting each other and other people whenever u feel uncomfortable.

Level 13
I just don't like downright idiots. Telling him to fuck off is abusive I'll admit but he's in here doing what he thinks is best, trolling. I have no patience for idiocy, if he feels the need to post irrelevant crap, he could at least structure it around a proper opinion.

I dislike you troll, and will continue to, as you're extremely immature. Sure, I'm a dick, my pet peeve is retards. I tend to abuse them because fathoming their stupidity frustrates me.

Also the fuck does getting laid have to do with gaias, really, work on your angles kid.

Now do any of you three actually have any legitimate brainstorming ideas or are you just here to whine.

Level 8
I'd like to return to monk thread.

atm this is useless class or good for solo
I just think if we improove these 2 skills he might be a good tank for both grps and single targets.

-steel body additional effekt: increase ap (like 20ap total) for lvl 40
l---> also while steel body is turned on, soul strike deals area dmg
l---> final effekt if its not alrdy inplemented, increase agro generation.

-divine fists additional effekt: increase arp (like 20-30) for 40lvl

Last edited:
Level 4
An area effect on soul strike can be a bit op, but i agree that monk needs an aoe agro generation. You will probably say that monk is single target tank. But this is meaningless, for what are we gonna use monk then, if we cant get to bosses without a crus to make monk tank? And you all know crus has no problems at tanking any boss. So why let monk tank? In every single game people decide to let monk help at healing. Only difference is that monk can sometimes protect his friends with a several fast clicks 'steel body - soul strike' in 3 seconds he will save the friend who is escaping from an enemy. And this happens only if crus is a noob, or if he is unconcentrated.

Oh but bishop can do it easier, with a shield or mend, also bishop can heal more than monk. So everyone agrees that having +1 bishop in team instead of a monk is A LOT better. So what actually does monk do? Only 1 thing that is good with monk: even a noob geared monk can hold the agro while there are lvl 43 full magicians hunters and assassins. Yea that is true but it does not really help..

As u may noticed, druid started to become a main healer, and in 1.2 she probably can take bishop's place. That is a good thing for people bored to see a bishop every single team.. But i can say im also bored of seeing a crus in team. Just a little aoe agro skill, and monk will be good to tank instead of crus. I dont mean something like crucify. Druid is not that good like bishop for keeping team alive. Monk too wont be good at tanking as a crusader. But at least he will be able to tank.. Take this into consideration. As i think gaias lacks only alternate teams.

I will think about adding some AoE threat potential to monks. However, it won't be as powerful as crucify.
Monks will have their niché in D4. As monks will have much higher avoid values (more armor, more evasion) than crusaders, they will be slightly better at tanking one or two high output mobs and bosses. Also, monks add more to party support than crusaders.

Please wait for the upcoming content before judging monks. Clearly, D3 has everything for crusaders to shine: masses of mobs, masses of undeads. However, D4 won't have undeads at all and will also contain stronger and smaller trash packs.

Level 13
I liked the idea that monks were specifically single target tanks, how they could (hopefully) hold good dps while managing agro on mobs that dish out heavy melee related damage to units. Give them too much aoe and then end up being a crusader with evasion. Looking forward to seeing 1.2 progress as always though zwieb, holding my bitching until then.

Level 3
I will think about adding some AoE threat potential to monks. However, it won't be as powerful as crucify.
Monks will have their niché in D4. As monks will have much higher avoid values (more armor, more evasion) than crusaders, they will be slightly better at tanking one or two high output mobs and bosses. Also, monks add more to party support than crusaders.

Please wait for the upcoming content before judging monks. Clearly, D3 has everything for crusaders to shine: masses of mobs, masses of undeads. However, D4 won't have undeads at all and will also contain stronger and smaller trash packs.

Monk bashers beware.

Level 13
Neither, sios bot is in channel 'Sios' but nobody is on to !pub it. I'm selling dolls so I can't run right now but I'll be on in 3 hours or some shit to check. Find sios, make him do things.

Dat lack of dps, dat reasonable evasion, dat ok armor.

Level 9
Well, I like the idea of having steel body turning SS into an aoe, but I think instead of aoe it should have limited targets like the Forked Lightning spell.

Also, for nerfing Bishop maybe make Weakened Soul last 40 seconds and decrease the multiplier of mend by 1, so then Bishops can't just shield and mend and go full out dps, not as much of actual healing happens as there should be imo. I mean if i correct Druids are meant to be dps/healing hybrid but yet they hold less dps and are not as good of healers as a Bishop. While Bishop is supposed to be a full on Healer.

Monks should be perfectly fine if they become truely better tanks then Crusaders via armor/evasion, maybe add some im not saying much but some to elemental resistances. Maybe like another 10% for themselves. But yea Monks appear to be the "Boss" tankers but yet they have less survivability than Crusaders.

Necromancer's are well... seemingly OP right now, they supposedly have the highest single target dps and due to fireball one of the highest aoe dps outmatced only by sorcerer in my opinion. Skeletons were fine as they were before you buffed them, they just needed a lot more ARP. Maybe, Arp=(spellpowerX.2) or something. Supposedly necromancers can hold voer 300 single taret dps which to me is absurd, and second highest aoe dps on waves due to fireball's aoe capabilities and meteor. I'm 100% fine with it having better single target dps than Sorcerer but it has nearly double of sorcerer's single target dps, and nearly matches its aoe dps.

These don't have to be done now but just think them over, these same problems could easily still be there in 1.2 with max geared people. Just some food for thought.

BTW, Trollface, Vestra is right you put in useless content and its jsut a waste of time reading your ost andeven scrolling past them. Vestra adds a lot of actually good critism but yes he is a dick, could tone it down a bit. I mean I come up with some useless ideas but they tend to revolve around certain facts such as balancing usually. But yours I just see random shit that looks like google translated it for you, work on grammer pl0x, THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.