• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skills only for first job classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I dont saw any suggestion about this..

What if u do 1-3 Skills only for Thief / Cleric / Mage / Squire / Archer?

After Jobchange u lost this skills automatically.
Would make maybe ballanceable better and maybe prevent player stay in first class a very long time.

I see much higher lvl player they didn't change class...
(got myself now lvl37 Squire)
Maybe this should be stopped? But could be another thread.

Level 13
What do you mean Tsumo? You don't lose any skills for classing up, and you can buy all skills related to your class when you do. So Assassins/Bards can go back and buy steal if they ever need it or replace drop skills if they feel the need to.

Level 13
you can buy those skills in riversdale from their respective salespeople in the inn, including the skills you start with. They each sell 5 per class.

Level 1
He means that once a squire becomes a crusader, he looses let's say shield bash and gaping wounds. Those two skills are squire only and will be lost upon class advance. I don't understand his logic behind this though.

Level 18
I dont saw any suggestion about this..

What if u do 1-3 Skills only for Thief / Cleric / Mage / Squire / Archer?

After Jobchange u lost this skills automatically.
Would make maybe ballanceable better and maybe prevent player stay in first class a very long time.

I see much higher lvl player they didn't change class...
(got myself now lvl37 Squire)
Maybe this should be stopped? But could be another thread.

what? if you do this you would make players stay in first class longer instead of making them change class..

Level 13
He means that once a squire becomes a crusader, he looses let's say shield bash and gaping wounds. Those two skills are squire only and will be lost upon class advance. I don't understand his logic behind this though.

The don't lose those skills though, shield bash is an important crusader skill for shade, and potentially will be for when interrupts are required in d4.

Level 6
I speak about special starter classes skill which dont goes after class changes

Level 13
Vestra think open here. He is saying 'What if" There were skills like that~

He's barely saying anything his English is quite frankly horribly fragmented.
But that does seem to be what he's trying to get across
It's pointless.

Why craft skills for the game that you lose on classing up?
Waste of time for zwieb, waste of skills for us

Level 18
yeah tsumo i understand what you are trying to say but i mean , if now that they don't lose anything they stay until high level , with spells that they lose after changing class they would stay longer since they wouldn't want to lose those spells

Level 13
By the way tsumo the fact that you have a 37 squire is a bad thing and it makes it difficult for people to d3 efficiently with you.

Level 6
By the way tsumo the fact that you have a 37 squire is a bad thing and it makes it difficult for people to d3 efficiently with you.

The fact that u have got gaias bot access too:goblin_yeah:
Maybe stop trolling me in this forum?

Level 6
The fact that u have got gaias bot access too:goblin_yeah:
Maybe stop trolling me in this forum?

I doubt you could say he's trolling anything.

It's a valid point; squires are the only class with neither proper support abilities nor aoe dmg for d3. Mages have aoe, hunters have multistrike, clerics/druids have support skills, and thieves have sweeping. Squires have, by themselves, okay tanking, but no ability to cause many enemies to want to target them beyond their demo shout. At least the T2 classes do.

Making you NOT want to tier up is pointless. There are quests of varying difficulty in place to make you WANT to tier up. This is a silly suggestion, when you couple it with what information we already have (existing data in the map).

Level 6
Its ok if somebody doesnt see the positive in this suggestion, not everybody is competent enough.
I never spoke about aoe or such things ^^

Level 13
Its ok if somebody doesnt see the positive in this suggestion, not everybody is competent enough.
I never spoke about aoe or such things ^^

It's a stupid suggestion and has nothing to do with competence.

Your decision to remain a squire is both your own and a pure example of incompetence. You hold your team up and quite frankly your only bloody use is offtanking lady which you can't even do. This idea is awful. If you want to make this personal tsumo we'll take shit to battlenet to discuss. Your badmouthing is getting tedious.

Last edited:
Level 1
This suggestion is nothing short of retarded. "Improving" 1-3 levels of starter skills simply means creating the same skills with added effects all over again. A complete waste of time, gameplay and yes, MAP SPACE. Thank you.

Level 4
I already was banning and kicking people in group and clan who were playing with basic classes. There is a reason why they are named as basic.. They are not for d3 and further map features! Game is made as that. A suggestion like u did is to change whole map. And making 1.2's release 1 year late than its release time.

Status
Not open for further replies.