• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What musical instruments can you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm indomitable1319 and I would like to know what musical instruments you can play, and if you have a cover or an actual piece, post it here!

I know many of us are musically inclined here on the Hive, and I'm sure many of the members here know how to play an instrument or two.

For me, I can play both the guitar and drums.

I have a cover of Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare here, but that was taken a few months ago, and I've improved a bit since then.
My skill with the drums is probably somewhere between a beginner and an intermediate player. I still have trouble with fills. :xxd:

As for the guitar, I can play a few hard songs like Sweet Child O' Mine's by Guns n' Roses's intro, Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold's intro, Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold's Intro, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple, Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold [Chords], So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold [Chords], Funky Town by Lipps Inc., Forbidden Games, and some other random crap I learned from my friends.

Now it's your turn. Share your talent with the Hive. :)

Level 51

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Used to play piano. Probably still know how, I just haven't touched a piano in years. Tried to teach myself guitar on a few occasions, but I just can't wrap my hand properly around that neck - my wrist is too stiff, I guess? Might be due to punching a lot of walls doing karate. I ain't got the coordination to play drums. Nothing else ever appealed to me.

Uh ehm, I play piano.

My favourite songs (which I can play and are worth to tell):
Portal Piano Cover
River flows in you
Alice Underground Piano Cover

I don't have any records though.

I'm achieving to learn this now, but, I guess, I'm going to fail hardly. :D
Pirates of the Carribian

Oh and, I play guitar hero from time to time, if that counts :p

River Flows in You? Awesommeeee. :D
Good luck with Pirates. :)

I play Guitar Hero too. :xxd:
It was pretty much where I started with the drums. I enjoyed playing the drums and guitar on Guitar Hero, now I can play the real thing. :)

Oh and I can play the Computer (Sooner or later, computers will be the only 'instruments' we'd use)

But then 'playing' the computer wouldn't really be unique, eh?

Tried to teach myself guitar on a few occasions, but I just can't wrap my hand properly around that neck - my wrist is too stiff, I guess? Might be due to punching a lot of walls doing karate. I ain't got the coordination to play drums. Nothing else ever appealed to me.

Learning how to play the guitar by yourself is hard, yet very rewarding. Keep at it, and you'll feel happy once you've taught yourself. If you want to reach a higher point in that ladder, you must start climbing towards the top.

Used to play the drums, still can.

\m/_

Level 7
I play the piano, violin, oh also the fiddle. (though, violins and fiddles are the same instrument)
on the fiddle i can play "I danced my boots off" its a gypsy fiddle piece not very hard to play but is meant to be played at a break neck pace.
on the violin i can play the first movement in concerto for two violins( though not perfectly)
on the piano i can play the "hall of the mountain king" and am currently working on the "spinning song"

I play the piano, violin, oh also the fiddle. (though, violins and fiddles are the same instrument)
on the fiddle i can play "I danced my boots off" its a gypsy fiddle piece not very hard to play but is meant to be played at a break neck pace.
on the violin i can play the first movement in concerto for two violins( though not perfectly)
on the piano i can play the "hall of the mountain king" and am currently working on the "spinning song"

Awesome, dude! :)
Keep it up. :D

I love drums! :D
tried piano and a guitar and fits me too but not with drums

Drums are awesome. :)
Drums are the most simple instrument to play; not the easiest. :D

I play Bass Guitar and Tenor Saxophone, aside from that I play some sitar, guitar and a few other random instruments that's more or less I own and can make sounds on, not necessarily I've practice much.

Aside from covers I haven't done any covers, I haven't really done much work with actual instruments aside from occasional doodles (difficulties recording was a bit frustrating until I've been forcing myself to record me) - but I have been offering doing bass work for other people's songs lately:

http://soundcloud.com/mistarleadguitar/nightmare-night (the originally written chorus bass line was much more complicated but he was on a time crunch for a rough version, I'm re-recording it when I get the chance)

http://soundcloud.com/yelobolt/circuitfry-and-derpyhooves-as

I'm actually working on a cover of this doing all the parts (except for the drums, sequencing them - no clue how my vocals are going to turn out :I)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3nrkPdbG4

Level 16
Guitarz, pianoz and trombonez.

Dunno if you can /play/ these, but I sure rock the house with those sexy boyz

wb_natural_coconut_maraca.jpg

Level 12
Hi indomitable1319. It's been ages since i actively participate the hive. lol. luckily the school final exam is over and i'll have to bear 1 more week before the year end holiday comes. :D
Anyway, i'm actually in the concert band at my school. I play the Alto Saxophone. Well it's not a very big band, but it's ok. we only have about 60 members. (there's more but they just don't want to stay in the band anymore.. :\ )

I play Bass Guitar and Tenor Saxophone, aside from that I play some sitar, guitar and a few other random instruments that's more or less I own and can make sounds on, not necessarily I've practice much.

Aside from covers I haven't done any covers, I haven't really done much work with actual instruments aside from occasional doodles (difficulties recording was a bit frustrating until I've been forcing myself to record me) - but I have been offering doing bass work for other people's songs lately:

http://soundcloud.com/mistarleadguitar/nightmare-night (the originally written chorus bass line was much more complicated but he was on a time crunch for a rough version, I'm re-recording it when I get the chance)

http://soundcloud.com/yelobolt/circuitfry-and-derpyhooves-as

I'm actually working on a cover of this doing all the parts (except for the drums, sequencing them - no clue how my vocals are going to turn out :I)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3nrkPdbG4

Awesooooomeeee. :D

Guitarz, pianoz and trombonez.

Dunno if you can /play/ these, but I sure rock the house with those sexy boyz

wb_natural_coconut_maraca.jpg

Bring the house down, man.

Hi indomitable1319. It's been ages since i actively participate the hive. lol. luckily the school final exam is over and i'll have to bear 1 more week before the year end holiday comes. :D
Anyway, i'm actually in the concert band at my school. I play the Alto Saxophone. Well it's not a very big band, but it's ok. we only have about 60 members. (there's more but they just don't want to stay in the band anymore.. :\ )

60 isn't that big?
That's more than enough if you ask me. :D

I play the guitar, training to be 'LIKE A BOSS', and sometimes I pick up my Bass and play some Rob Zombie tunes on that f***er :ogre_datass:

My favorite song to play on the guitar will be 'I'd Love To Change The World' by 'Ten Years After', all because I saw them play live! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOO!!!

Like a Boss. :xxd:

Level 12
I mainly play the bass, you know, slapping and popping kind of things. Been teaching myself, if you consider randomly slapping to songs until I get it as teaching, for almost three years now. I guess I'm alright, I can improvise pretty well and slap good enough. But I'm definitely something not to receive an award. This Song!. I own an Ibanez SRX355 electric bass. The song which just posted was he first song I learnt to play. Funky finger bro!

I also play to electric, which I consider myself to be better at. I started the electric about two years ago and at this point, I'm pretty proud to say that I can play plenty of songs, like this one. I don't really like power chords, I think they're boring. But I do enjoy crazy improvised funky bar riffs and third part amp extensions like Mellontron and Moog effect pedals. I also have a Doepfar modular synthesizer, for them awesome underlaying riffs. Lovin' music right now. I own three guitars, a Fender Telecaster, an Epiphone something and an LTD MH-350.

I play in a gig, which we play after school for kicks and jam till we're half deaf. (Y). AND LOOK, I DO HAVE A COVER! Aeroplane Bass Cover. Please, by God, do not comment "Are you Arcisal" cause that really annoys me....

I mainly play the bass, you know, slapping and popping kind of things. Been teaching myself, if you consider randomly slapping to songs until I get it as teaching, for almost three years now. I guess I'm alright, I can improvise pretty well and slap good enough. But I'm definitely something not to receive an award. This Song!. I own an Ibanez SRX355 electric bass. The song which just posted was he first song I learnt to play. Funky finger bro!

I also play to electric, which I consider myself to be better at. I started the electric about two years ago and at this point, I'm pretty proud to say that I can play plenty of songs, like this one. I don't really like power chords, I think they're boring. But I do enjoy crazy improvised funky bar riffs and third part amp extensions like Mellontron and Moog effect pedals. I also have a Doepfar modular synthesizer, for them awesome underlaying riffs. Lovin' music right now. I own three guitars, a Fender Telecaster, an Epiphone something and an LTD MH-350.

I play in a gig, which we play after school for kicks and jam till we're half deaf. (Y). AND LOOK, I DO HAVE A COVER! Aeroplane Bass Cover. Please, by God, do not comment "Are you Arcisal" cause that really annoys me....

I like Bass because it plays a good rhythm behind everything else, and it also sounds good on its own. It has a deep but relaxing sound, and it's also great for playing slow tempos and backing some percussion and brass instruments.

Level 34
I've always had a piano in the house, but unfortunately I've never taken the time to learn much. I still mess around with it from time to time. Who recognizes the tune?

(What's the easiest way to embed audio files into a forum post?)

Attachments

• My Movie.wmv
    2 MB · Views: 43
Level 22
I've always had a piano in the house, but unfortunately I've never taken the time to learn much. I still mess around with it from time to time. Who recognizes the tune?

Exactly the same for me, have piano in my house like forever and sure, want to leyrn to play it, but haven't done so yet.

Level 11
I play drums...Started practising 1 year ago and i still continue

I don't have any cover yet as i do not own a drumkit but where i go to practice there are 2 drum kits there so...

Although i practiced on a few jazz songs like Fallen Leaves or Watermelon or It Don't Mean a Thing(If i ain't got that Swing) and i think they can be named covers :D

Awesome, dude! :D

I play drums...Started practising 1 year ago and i still continue

I don't have any cover yet as i do not own a drumkit but where i go to practice there are 2 drum kits there so...

Although i practiced on a few jazz songs like Fallen Leaves or Watermelon or It Don't Mean a Thing(If i ain't got that Swing) and i think they can be named covers :D

Drums is awesomeeeeeee. :)
Great work, man. :D

ehem.

Joe is a muslim

I play a lil bit of piano, a lil bit of guitar, and a lil bit of in-pc synth programs.

I can play the floor, the table, the chair, the board, the pen, virtually anything that doesn't need to much tuning

I see. Sorry about that.

no. it's a black site. dedicated for blacks.

LONG LIVE THE BLACKS.

Now let's stop this before people get the wrong idea...

Piano, mostly.

Guitar, sometimes, and...

Drums, when I'm available.

Cooooool. :D

I've played electric pianos, the ones where you can do instruments, effects, combinations, something like the non-PC version of today's programs for playing instruments. I can play a real piano too but i havent taken any lessons, just small things

Oh, that. That takes skill, though. You need to memorize which keys make what sound when pressed with different instruments.

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Recorder, Piano, Vocals...
Jack of all trades :p I should learn cello some time though.

One-man band. :)

My goal is to play that song without error someday:

Nightwiiiiiish! :D

Level 25
Level 11
Well, I don't really know how to respond to people that can play instruments I can't...
So I just say that they're awesome.

@Dynamiczx
That sounds sick. How long have you been at it?

I didn't said that's me :vw_wtf: it's the song i would want to learn to play on drums...That is actually Francesco Paoli from Fleshgod Apocalypse and he is one of my favorite drummers

Level 12
Everyone of your posts that is 1- 2 words and end up with a smiley sounds like
"Dude" "Duuuude "Duuuuuuuuude"

Please refrain from doing that D: It's not healthy.

Ontopic: I always wanted to play the sax D: It's basically one of those dreams that you know that you can never make real.
Any Sax player here?

why wouldn't you make it real?

If you have nothing to say, don't say anything and just watch :p
take that as a general rule in your life.

meh, chuck norris philosophies got corny :p

I didn't said that's me :vw_wtf: it's the song i would want to learn to play on drums...That is actually Francesco Paoli from Fleshgod Apocalypse and he is one of my favorite drummers

I mean, how long have you been practicing the song? I know you weren't the one in the video because you said you were still practicing. :xxd:

If you have nothing to say, don't say anything and just watch :p
take that as a general rule in your life.

I shall. :D

Level 11
I mean, how long have you been practicing the song? I know you weren't the one in the video because you said you were still practicing. :xxd:

I shall. :D

I didn't started yet as i don't got a drumkit of my own...I am taking drum hours at my teacher's studio who is also a jazz singer and he got 2 drumkits...so i didn't practiced that song...but still when i will get my own drum kit...I won't have rest until i know that song perfectly!

Level 2
Well,I can play a musical instrument almostly guitar...which I owned a custom Gisbon Les Paul Guitar with a plain white color and Epiphone Bass Guitar...I know play some J pop and K pop chord...like CN Blue....

Status
Not open for further replies.