• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What makes an ORPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
What would you like to see in an ORPG?
From what you've played, What would you like to see done that would seperate it from the norm, Or just something that would really spruce it up. My ORPG really needs these ideas...

(I have no idea where to put this):slp:

Level 6
Hmm basically the orpgs around have very good fundamentals.

1.save/load system
2.unique players and custom skills
3.good boss fights
4.plenty of quests
5.plenty of items
6.professions
7.good terrain/environment

If you want to set yourself apart, heres some things you could do.

1.random map generation(very difficult to do)
2.quests that impact the world(not seen much)
3.good plotline/cinematics
4.random spawning rare enemies
5.play as a bad hero and try to stop other players

There are many more things you could do but I haven't worked on a map in months. The same things that make other rpgs great will do the same to a warcraft 3 map. If you have to steal ideas from games.

Level 4
a good really long boss fight would be good to.
Ive always been a fan of nice long boss fights where you final feel the relief as the boss finaly falls

Level 8
RE: What makes an ORPG

Lol...again an orpg. Since i began my own, all people began to do too. This sucks.
Na, ok. The guys before me said mostly right.
But Models are not everything^^
1 Question: Why all people create orpgs?

Level 6
Most people get the want to create an orpg when they play a few and they think of things they would like one to have. Then they start making it. You are by far not the first Nurga. Don't complain, be happy that there are more maps to play on. Just make a good map so that yours is not overlooked.

Level 6
"Why all people create orpgs?"

Just ask yourself why you did.

And if you look at the number of ORPGS-in-the-making on hive, and look at the number of ORPGS on wc3, then you will see that most people cannot go through with making an ORPG. Therefore, an ORPG that is actually completed and put on wc3 would be a huge accomplishment, providing that it is better than the ones that are already on wc3 (crappy ones that were obviously made without a good deal of work put into them, and probably not associated with hive).

Level 6
"Why all people create orpgs?"

Just ask yourself why you did.

And if you look at the number of ORPGS-in-the-making on hive, and look at the number of ORPGS on wc3, then you will see that most people cannot go through with making an ORPG. Therefore, an ORPG that is actually completed and put on wc3 would be a huge accomplishment, providing that it is better than the ones that are already on wc3 (crappy ones that were obviously made without a good deal of work put into them, and probably not associated with hive).

I made one and my hard drive failed while i was polishing out the final boss :sad:. I'll never make one again. It didn't have much replay value besides once per 14 heroes, but it was darn good to me. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.