• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Language Should I Take?

What Language Should I Take for Video Game College?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Go German or Japanese. German will be quite useful for publishing games on Europe, as it is spoken in Germany, Switzerland, AUSTRIA and so on...

Japan is difficult to learn, but yes, Japan has a big videomarket. It's your choice. Japan or Europe :p

Level 9
You’re going to college to be a video game designer? I've been trying to find a college that has courses for design but I've been unlucky in trying to find one.

So what college are you going to?

And I honestly would vote for Japanese, since a lot of the big game developers are based in Japan, and speaking Japanese could be very helpful in the long run.

That and I have always loved the Japanese language. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 11
High Point University. They are one of the few schools that separate design from programming. I mean of course I'll learn programming, but it has a focus on actual design. If you want to know more about the school you can message me so we dont bother people here with off topic :p

Also, if anyone was curious, I went with Spanish. It's easiest, I have some background, and seems more practical for an American who plans on staying in America. :) But thanks for the help anyway guys.

Level 5
If you're an English-speaker, Japanese, Mandarin, or Arabic would put you in high demand. I would add Hindi to that. Lots of development and opportunities in places where those languages are spoken.

Being able to speak Spanish is a skill that most people in the US will use a lot, but it's not rare. It's pretty much taken for granted in certain places. German can be useful depending on what you're doing, but that's not a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.