• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is your favourite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
nowadays most new gen are either listening to mathy tunes or some electronic/house stuff. Especially in USA. I don't understand why. I have no problem with mathy stuff though xP and most new gen metalheads are into grind.

Level 20
nowadays most new gen are either listening to mathy tunes or some electronic/house stuff. Especially in USA. I don't understand why. I have no problem with mathy stuff though xP and most new gen metalheads are into grind.

Hipsters I guess. I don't know, I usually prefer post-rock to math-rock, but sometimes the line between them is vague, and I usually REALLY love those tunes.

Personally, I'm attracted to both genres usually because of the great and unconventional drumming, and that moment when you go "holy shit, I think I love this song" after you finally 'understand' a math tune.

Level 20
They see me trollin, they hatin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5haHnzERjDg I had to put the link cuz it don't work on opera the postin of videos somehow (someone help pls)

It does work, same as in every other browser. Can't you just see how other people do it by looking at their post source (try quoting them)?
Hint: You're using one tag too many.

Level 11

I'm starting to love Vader more and more...i mean...first they impress me with their awesome songs...second,they blow me off with with a cover of Slayer's Raining Blood and now(thirdly) they eargasm me with an awesome cover of Mayhem's Freezing Moon...

Level 16

Like HINDYhat said, it's because of the rise of hipsters. Indie rock is extremely popular because of that. Wiggers still listen to their pop-rap though and I guess emo-pop isn't quite dead yet. And nah, 'new gen' metalheads are into metalcore/deathcore, lot of holy wars against 'false metal' in last years.

Some of the only 'modern' death metal I find refreshing, groovy song too.

Level 11
I love this part:

You ripped my heart out,
you tore my eyes out, now you're gonna pay
I'll stab you one time.
I'll eat your heart out so you feel my pain.
Don't you know that I always see you in all of my dreams?
I wanna kill you.
I wanna kill you now.
While I'm insane.

Level 12
Like HINDYhat said, it's because of the rise of hipsters. Indie rock is extremely popular because of that. Wiggers still listen to their pop-rap though and I guess emo-pop isn't quite dead yet. And nah, 'new gen' metalheads are into metalcore/deathcore, lot of holy wars against 'false metal' in last years.

Some of the only 'modern' death metal I find refreshing, groovy song too.

I don't know much indie but some alternative rock bands do really nice work, those are the exceptional ones.. but I witnessed that quite some of new metalheads enjoy grindcore and stuff, ofcourse I know they listen to deathcore too (mostly adolescents maybe lol) I have no problem with good metalcore, like trivium or avenged sevenfold, but I don't like all that remains, atreyu etc.
well, contrary to my metal image of music taste, I don't like most bands that do brutal/scream vocals, I consider instrumental performance important, mostly guitars. If I count the brutal bands that I like, list would be quite short I guess, I used to like lamb of god, now I listen to death (band), dark tranquillity, necrophagist, and sometimes morbid angel, also those good metalcore bands I counted above. Also I like Pig Destroyer as grind, they're like the best pioneers right now. Other than that sometimes I check good experimental bands, I've found The Ocean few weeks ago, they're awesome. My friend has recommended me bleeding through, so I should check them later.

Level 12

^I'm obsessed with these shit right now, I LOVE glam^

^I'm obsessed with these shit as well^

^I don't even need to say that I'm obsessed with this^

^and I'm speechless about this^

oops, too much awesome vids lol

Level 7

I like my hard rock, but it's these "softer" rock songs that I also find touching and inspiring. Besides, the lyrics almost sympathize with the scenarios in life I find myself in at times. Situations and life in general can appear hopeless or tormenting at times, but, keep enduring, and you'll be touched by the light of the sun.

Level 25

Astarte - Mutter Astarte

Rimfrost - Freezing Inferno

I - The Storm I Ride

Demonaz - All Blackened Sky

Immortal-worship!
I know, I know! "Doomed Dark Years" with
Astarte is an magnum opus within Female
Black metal, but I love Demonized; it does
have a Immortal-esque sound as well! D:

I and Demonaz; "new" projects by members
of Immortal, if you care to know :p

[TD]
[/TD][TD]
[/TD]
This is the stuff...
Hahahaha, Treblinka! :D
Early Tiamat! Wish I could get my hands on that damn EP!

Doro! *hugs*

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA563489505A1BC46

Interesting for anyone into music production, what they did was present a challenge for a bunch of musicians to make a song and send it in, thing is - the songs they sent in had to be made completely out of the 808 kick drum sound - then mixed all the songs together. All the instruments in these are constructed in some way from the 808 kick, it's pretty inspiring in that manner.

Interesting minimal if you like that sort of thing

Part of the full song

Status
Not open for further replies.