• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best song you have heard with no lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
There is a lot of great and amazing songs out there that don't include lyrics. This music can be found in movies, video games, or orchestrated. I'm just asking what "your" opinion is for "your" favorite song without lyrics... it could be atmospheric.. long guitar solo.. or even theatrical, the choice is yours but please... no lyrics :D

PS : Maybe it could be a song that inspires you into new heights, or possibly amps you up into an adrenaline rush, or just soothing to listen too.

My favorite :
Bruce Faulconer : The Dragon Them - may be strange but this song is truly the most amazing song i heard with its techno synthing, great rhythm, cool guitar, and the music really just inspires me into doing something incredible... by far my favorite song (non lyric of course).

ummmm a song doesn't need lyrics to be great, and instrumentals are respected in pretty much every single genre of music (aside from choral for obvious reasons). Many musicians just write senseless lyrics anyways (and with a lot of metal with things like growling and screaming you can't understand a thing they're saying anyways).

I guess on topic this is one of my favorite instrumentals I can think of off-hand.

Edit - another good one

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I wouldn't say any of these are the best I've heard, but they're pretty good. Anyway, here are a few that I like:

Level 34
Not really a favorite (despite it's brilliance, I'm sick of it), but one of the most popular and used pieces of all time.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I wonder why no one yet mentioned this

Then my real favorite on both video+music side

and what I lack in these two? ACTION, you are right.

Just saying.

Level 11
OMG... don't u guys read (to those who posted more than one song), i asked for your favorite song (Best song) you heard.... not for a bunch of song in which your really like... only asked for one.... tried to avoid people posting so much stuff in one thread... makes me not want to listen to any of them XD

OMG... don't u guys read (to those who posted more than one song), i asked for your favorite song (Best song) you heard.... not for a bunch of song in which your really like... only asked for one.... tried to avoid people posting so much stuff in one thread... makes me not want to listen to any of them XD

The way we're doing it is better, and I'm pretty sure most people don't have a favorite song.
It all depends on what you're in the mood to listen to.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

@shiiK, I agree, Epica is kinda epic! ;D That whole album, The Classic Conspiracy, can be found at Spotify.

It can also be found in my CD collection. ;)

OMG... don't you read, we said we don't have single favourites and instead of posting one out of a hundred we post a few. It would do the others I like no justice if I mention just one.

Level 11
Fine, i guess i'll post some songs....:p

i got a ton more... just can't think of them right now :p

Level 7
Awesome theme , game of my childhood

Also one from Diablo , its not much but the guitar that beggins at 1:08 is epic

Level 25
Level 13
@Textor, Diablos music is wonderful :')

@TwistedImage, I lol'd.
Everything Fades to Gray by Sonata Arctica at Spotify, see, no piracy.
And Everything Fades to Gray contains Lyrics by the way, but the Instrumental Version doesn't :p

Oh man, that is totally not obvious! You have enlightened me with your whattheheckareyoueventryingtodo ways!

See, I can't post a link without linking to youtube, which is piracy. I don't have Spotify because it pays the artists retarded amounts of money. I can get ahold of my albums through amazon.com, thank you.

also, if you really need to tell people that only the instrumental version is instrumental, I just lost all hope for humanity.

See, I can't post a link without linking to youtube, which is piracy

If the current laws had their way, you'd have to pay to listen to any music period that you haven't already done so - but then again how could you possibly find new music? Sure you could pay for it, but you don't really want to pay for something you don't know if you'll like or not. If you like a band, you'd most likely by their CD regardless of if you listen to it on youtube or not anyways.

Level 13
Yeah, let's not discuss piracy. If you want to listen to the song, find it on YouTube yourself, I don't care. If you don't, then well... yeah.

Level 11
Lol if these are considered your guys favorite songs we've got a problem..... lol jk, their good, i guess people really do have different tastes in music! incredible....... :p hehe

Lol if these are considered your guys favorite songs we've got a problem..... lol jk, their good, i guess people really do have different tastes in music! incredible....... :p hehe

Many people have very different tastes in music, and many people most likely don't consider what you like in music not music at all (normally for extremes, but I've seen more then a few rants in chat about how someone doesn't think metal/electronica/rap/etc. is music).

And as people have said before, with the very huge wealth of music of every single style and genre picking a single favorite is VERY difficult, and peoples favorites change fast and often.

Level 13
this is the best non-trance song evah
Apocalyptica - Path

look up, I've already linked it

About the piracy: laws are set the way that anything that you watch on youtube is legal.... It's just illegal to put things on the youtube (thats why they are tagged and putted down from time to time), but as long as it is on youtube, It's legal for us to watch it. Nuff said

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

TwistedImage, a lot of the music on YouTube is perfectly legal; uploaded by the record company in order to promote their bands/music. You could consider it a kind of radio-station. Of course, there's a lot of illegally uploaded music as well, but the main purpose of music on YouTube is promotion. No one in their right mind would use YouTube as their primary source of music, because the quality is horrible. Anyway, do as you please. I am strongly against piracy myself so I'm not going to argue with you on that.

Level 18
Once upon a Time in the West has got to be my all-time favorite movie. Mostly because of Sergio Leone's style and Ennio Morricone's music. I couldn't find my favorite scene though.

Sadly my dvd-player ate the dvd and needs to be repaired. Dx

Edit:
Found what I was looking for :D

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmm, a tough one. The Planets by Gustav Holst is the last instrumental thing I listened to and I freaking loved it.

"Mars" is the basis for the music in every epic battle scene in every movie of the 20th century. And the rest of the planets are, of course, awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.