• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
'A Forest' by The Cure, covered by Carpathian Forest; Lifelover before there was Lifelover. I'm almost sure they used this cover as a basis for the final album.

'Ctrl+Z' by Apati, from 'Morgondagen inställd i brist på intresse'.
'Pseudo' by Psychonaut 4, from 'Have a Nice Trip'.
'Västerås' by Ofdrykkja, from 'A Life Worth Losing'.
'End of Life' by Strid, from 'End of Life'.
'Bitterljuv kakafoni' by Lifelover, from 'Sjukdom'.
'Death - Pierce me' by Silencer, from 'Death - Pierce me'.
'Tortured by Solitude' by ColdWorld, from 'Melancholie²'.
'Just for a Moment...' by Austere, from 'To Lay Like Old Ashes'.
'I och med insikt skall du förgå' by Shining, from 'IV - The Eerie Cold'.
'In my Last Mourning...' by Thy Light, from 'Suici.De.pression'.
'Sjel av natten & En natt med storm og ravners skrik & Hvor vintern rår' by Forgotten Woods, from 'Sjel av Natten'.
'From the Forest Came the Wanderer & Thou Shalt Burn at Our Stakes & Jätä Minut Korpeille' by Nidhoggr, from 'Ravens Over the Road of Kings'.

Last edited:
Level 28
'A Forest' by The Cure, covered by Carpathian Forest; Lifelover before there was Lifelover. I'm almost sure they used this cover as a basis for the final album.

'Ctrl+Z' by Apati, from 'Morgondagen inställd i brist på intresse'.
'Pseudo' by Psychonaut 4, from 'Have a Nice Trip'.
'Västerås' by Ofdrykkja, from 'A Life Worth Losing'.
'End of Life' by Strid, from 'End of Life'.
'Bitterljuv kakafoni' by Lifelover, from 'Sjukdom'.
'Death - Pierce me' by Silencer, from 'Death - Pierce me'.
'Tortured by Solitude' by ColdWorld, from 'Melancholie²'.
'Just for a Moment...' by Austere, from 'To Lay Like Old Ashes'.
'I och med insikt skall du förgå' by Shining, from 'IV - The Eerie Cold'.
'Introduciton to my End & In my Last Mourning...' by Thy Light, from 'Suici.De.pression'.
'Sjel av natten & En natt med storm og ravners skrik & Hvor vintern rår' by Forgotten Woods, from 'Sjel av Natten'.
'From the Forest Came the Wanderer & Thou Shalt Burn at Our Stakes & Jätä Minut Korpeille' by Nidhoggr, from 'Ravens Over the Road of Kings'.
That's a dsbm streak, eh? Aside from Austere, my go for this sub-genre will always be Woods of Desolation:
Their melodies are always so gently melodic, so I'm not certain why it's sometimes categorized along with those other bands.

Level 25
That's a dsbm streak, eh? Aside from Austere, my go for this sub-genre will always be Woods of Desolation:
Their melodies are always so gently melodic, so I'm not certain why it's sometimes categorized along with those other bands.
Austere's final album is such a magnum opus <3

I never understood what classifies as DSBM, seeing how anything from Burzum to Alcest can end up in people's definitions of the genre. It's just as confusing as the other term that I still don't understand, "atmospheric black metal". Isn't that the whole point of black metal in general?

Woods of Desolation reminds me more of other Aussie's - Austere, Midnight Odyssey and Co. - than for example, Shining or Lifelover. So I really don't know. They've this warm, fuzzy feeling that isn't as common, ColdWorld applies something similar at times as well. And I guess, with all honesty, that Lifelover also does it at times. But even then, the tone is different. Lifelover has this foul stench of nostalgia, remembrance and loss to it, whilst the others mentioned has this sorrowful, yet hopeful longing.

The lyrics are just as moopy as the others though. But even then, lyrics aren't always considered when people judge what's DSBM and what's not... So again, who knows? And in all honesty, I don't think I really care. As long as the music is good, who cares? :p

And for shits and giggles, here's some Midnight Odyssey:
'A Death so Pure'
'Lost'
'Tears of Starfire'

But I guess Midnight Odyssey would be thrown into that even more obscure genre they call "space black metal".

Status
Not open for further replies.