• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What game has the best story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Well it aint Halo at least, that's just a shoot-shoot story.

But I gotta agree with Redmarine, Blizzard-lore was always good untill WoW came out..

Level 34
I'd say Final Fantasy has had so many it can be considered the best. Most of them were well thought out. I'm playing FF12 right now, and the story is pretty good, although it can be confusing at times.

One of my favorite stories was Jak. I never played Jak and Daxter, but Jak 2 and Jak 3 were both amazing story (and game) wise.

Level 2
Best storyline for me is Final Fantasy VII and the ENTIRE WarCraft Universe.

Final Fantasy VII: It's just great. Enough said...

WarCraft Universe: From the First War until the merging of Arthas and Ner'zhul it has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride! Heroes of WC were born and they died carrying a piece of the puzzle in the perfect storyline of WarCraft (Go Medivh!) And yeah, Blizzard did make a wrong turn with WoW...

Level 8
Gothic 2: The Night Of The Raven. The story and mostly the way the nameless Hero goes through it are just too awesome. Have you ever seen an RPG where the Hero starts the fight with "Is that a face or an arse? I can't tell."?
I believe that this particular dialogue occurred only and only in Gothic 2, not it's expansion. Secondly, the Night of the Raven is more like a spin-off. According to the actual story, after leaving the dragon-orc-and-seeker infested temple of beliar, the hero lands straight on Myrtana which means the the actual story is continued in the bug-infested game called Gothic 3. thirdly, I support your claim of saying that the Gothic series' story is marvellous but I hope you can see that the open-endedness of Gothic 3 sort of ruined it. The best part of the game series is that a long story has been told without revealing the name of the hero, and yet it was all done so smoothly that it did not seem strange the no addresses the hero by his name.

Level 5
I played the first jak and dexter and it was just amazing the story is your on an ancient(compared to jak2 world) world and there are 6 ecos. Dark eco, green eco, blue eco, red eco, yellow eco and... iforgot the last 1. 2 evil guys plan to realese all the dark eco in the world and you travell all the way to there lab and discover WHITE ECO. Its the best ps2 game ive ever played. BTW dexter eas origenally normal untill he fell into dark eco but white eco could have cured him.

Level 34
I played the first jak and dexter and it was just amazing the story is your on an ancient(compared to jak2 world) world and there are 6 ecos. Dark eco, green eco, blue eco, red eco, yellow eco and... iforgot the last 1. 2 evil guys plan to realese all the dark eco in the world and you travell all the way to there lab and discover WHITE ECO. Its the best ps2 game ive ever played. BTW dexter eas origenally normal untill he fell into dark eco but white eco could have cured him.
Lame game. The lack of weapons was so dumb. Jak2 and 3 are far superior to the first. The story is as well. From what you said the story is a very typical game for children. Jak2 had such a good twist. Mmm, I loved that game.

Level 36
My absolute favourite of all time have to be the Half Life games. The story is just brilliant, it's so complex, you feel for all of the characters, and as the silent protagonist, you really feel like you are Gordon Freeman.

Second place would have to be the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series. Kyle Katarn has to be the greatest EU character ever created.

Level 14
favorite story line is the Ogre Battle 64: person of lordly caliber
2nd would have to be kotor 1/2 tied w/ all blizzard
of course ff7 is up there too

Level 6
Dead Rising had a very good stroy line, surprising to tell you the truth. but i think World of warcraft has the all time best story line. You play warcraft 3, and you kill Sylvanis, then your walking around in WOW and you find Sylvanis in The Under city, that is just realy cool.
You get to be Zul'jin in Warcraft 2, and now you get to kill him in WOW, you get to be Uther Light bringer in warcraft 2, and then in Warcraft 3, its just so cool!!!

Level 8
WoW is the only factor ruining Warcraft series' story. It's open-endedness and the fact that you kill some of the main guys only to find them resurrected 10 mins later is horrible. Otherwise I'd have voted for the Warcraft series. Then again, when it comes to stories, I vote for the Legacy of Kain Series. True, the last game (Defiance) was somewhat bad, but it still had a grand story.

Gothic One and Two, including the expansion. Everything is explained, characters recur in logical ways, everything makes sense, there are sometimes a couple small mysteries, but overall, it's awesome.
Then Gothic Three came along and steamrolled over the two. Graphics, yes, combat system, no, story, ... meh. You just do whatever the hell you want mostly. If you do the proper storyline, it's way too open. If the story and the combat system were better ... damn, I'd be playing it right 99% of the time. It doesn't have a terrible story, but y'know ... it could be better - a lot better. Even though all the things are explained, recurring characters, etc.

Level 24
Diablo,a saga that firstly ends with the win of the Prime Evils,but in expansion(who changed the finale)Baal went after his Soulstone and went then to destroy the World Stone,but in this gap of time,you killed Diablo and made it in time to Harrogath to fight in Baals war.All your efforts were repaid when you enter the World Stone Chamber and stopped Baal from conquering the world.

Level 19
Dead Rising had a very good stroy line, surprising to tell you the truth. but i think World of warcraft has the all time best story line. You play warcraft 3, and you kill Sylvanis, then your walking around in WOW and you find Sylvanis in The Under city, that is just realy cool.
You get to be Zul'jin in Warcraft 2, and now you get to kill him in WOW, you get to be Uther Light bringer in warcraft 2, and then in Warcraft 3, its just so cool!!!

She was not killed by Arthas instead she was turned into an undead.
I must agree that Half-Life has some serious awesome story-line. Every character in the game has a role which is almost unpredictable.

Level 36

Sorry man, but Dead Rising's entire plot is just a cheesy excuse for you to kill loads of zombies. There is little to no backstory, hardly any character development, and very little conventional plot. That's fine, because the game rocks, but it does not have a story, let alone the best.

Level 24
Sorry man, but Dead Rising's entire plot is just a cheesy excuse for you to kill loads of zombies. There is little to no backstory, hardly any character development, and very little conventional plot. That's fine, because the game rocks, but it does not have a story, let alone the best.

Indeed the game just has a taste of ol' Hack-N-Slash gameplay,which requires less storyline and more gaming

Level 36
WTF is that? thats the definition of braindead

BrainDead, also called Dead or Alive in North America, is a horror move had in 1994 by Peter Jackson. It's a zombie movie, and it has long been considered one of the goriest of all time. At one point, the protagonist has a lawn-mower strapped to his chest. During this scene, the crews were pumping out six GALLONS of blood per SECOND.

Needless to say, many zombie games anf movies have references and/or ripped off Braindead since.

Status
Not open for further replies.