• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Do You Think The Next Expansion Will Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
What do you believe the next World of Warcraft expansion will be? Where do you think it will take place? My guess is Northrend. Why? Well.. it is the only continent left to make a game out of.. so.. And, take a look at this picture.

Last edited:
Level 12
I was hoping for the Emerald Dream first since it's expendable and unknown like Outland was before it was fully designed. But Northrend seems to have a better chance since some of the lore setting was already layed out from the RPG books.

Level 36
I'm thinking Emerald Dream though. As was said, you have to be at least level 90 to take Arthas (this is quoted from the Blizzard devs themselves) so there is no way that Northrend will be showing up anytime soon, unless Blizzard decides to make the next expansion have a +20 to the level cap, which I find unlikely.

I'm thinking Emerald Dream because it's already in the game (although you get banned if you're caught accessing it on the live servers) and all the Druids have been 'nerfed' (yeah right) and are crying.

Therefor, in order to kill time before Northrend, I think that the Emerald Dream will be the next expansion.

Level 8
I think it could be both.... Northend AND the Emerald Dream..... On BC we get also not only Drainor..... There will be release more then just one new Area/World/whatever.....

A nice idea would be for a addon an new faction..... Horde, Alliance, Demons? The Demons have enough races and species for a whole ne faction...... and a arenafight 2v2v2 would be great ! xD

Level 25
The Dream won't be released until, or before, Northrend, due to one of the Dream's portals leading to that place. So the Dream and Northrend will HAVE to go hand-in-hand, such as having one expansion after the other

I'm guessing South Seas for the next one, seeing as Blizzard know how much everyone loves Murlocs and this gives them an excuse to pump out heaps of Murloc related jokes

Last edited:
Level 2
ha you see? as i said! one of the cities is kaskala the tuskarr city ^^ so they are gonna be one of the new races after all :D GO TUSKARR SHAMANS!

Level 25
ha you see? as i said! one of the cities is kaskala the tuskarr city ^^ so they are gonna be one of the new races after all :D GO TUSKARR SHAMANS!

Tuskarr are neutral and are just ASKING to be a rep-gainable faction where great fishing skill allows you to fight some boss for epic loots, or for them having their own fishing competition or something. Lore states that they place great value in those who can fish. Brann Bronzebeard came over to their town for the first time ever, with a few large fish and they welcomed him like he was a long lost cousin. It's a moral guideline to them

The Undermine existing doesn't mean that Goblins will be playable, though it'd be silly to not include them especially when there's a LOT of easy lore backdoors to abuse in this situation. Oh, and the Arakkoa having a city in Outland doesn't mean that they, the most awesome race from Burning Crusade, are playable

... Yeah, Arakkoa are my new favourite-ish Warcraft race =/

Level 13
It's Northrend. By datamining, I have found weapons, shields, and some doodads for Icecrown being loaed into WoW. Northrend is next, the frostmourn model is already in-game.

Level 36
Yeah, you never know. But all i'm saying is that i'm positive that it wont be Northrend next expansion.

IT'S NOT FUCKING NORTHREND.

The ENTIRE zone for Emerald Dream has been in the game since the BLOODY BETA, and it still isn't a part of the game! Just because you foun data for Northrend shit, doesn't mean that it will be used next.

Christ you people jump to conclusions.

Level 13
IT'S NOT FUCKING NORTHREND.

The ENTIRE zone for Emerald Dream has been in the game since the BLOODY BETA, and it still isn't a part of the game! Just because you foun data for Northrend shit, doesn't mean that it will be used next.

Christ you people jump to conclusions.

I did not make it 100% clear let me explain more in-debth:

A few mounths before TBC was you, Blizzard started loading in fles with the heading 'Expantion01'. Now, these encluded things like floating rocks, some weapons, bushes and things, ALL of which are now used in outland. I have noticed that durring the last few weeks, Blizzard started loading in files starting with 'Expation02', this included a few swords staring woth 'northrend_sword_1h...'. There were some trees and bushes covered in snow in the 'hjford' section of doodads... I punched 'h+jford' into WoW Wiki... and the Howling Jford is the bay where Arthas landed while trying to get to the Lich King in WC3:FT. If the Emerald dream was the next expantion, then wouldent the files in 'Expation02' be things like dream catchers? Yes, but the Emerald Dream Files are in the 'Eforest' files. Case closed: Northrend IS 100% NEXT!

Level 13
You can see all the files with wow model viewer. I'll bring back some screen shots of the weapons and such when I get the time.

Level 13
OK, here is a pic of all the weapons with the prefex Northrend. As you can see, frostmounre is the only fully textured one.

Level 13
Then I guess you will just have to wait till 2008 when the next XP will be out and see I'm right. Plus, no one ever said frosty would be available to payers, they may just have the model be there for arthas to hold, stats are not attached to the model files after all. I hope they don'tlet us gte it... =[

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yeah right, but what the fuck does Frostmourne have to do with players?

If you get Frostmourne, then you must have killed the Lich King. Or is the Lich King gonna punch you now? Point is, isn't Arthas the carrier of Frostmourne? Or can every crazy goblin around forge Frostmournes? Wouldn't surprise me, since Blizzard is now ruining every trace of good warcraft lore. They either want players to keep spending their money on the game so their cash explodes, or they simply want to finish off Warcraft.

If the next expansion is Northrend, then it might aswell be the last expansion. If Lich King is gone, GG Undead Scourge, unless Blizzard wants to allow players to travel to the Twisting Nether.

Level 36
You can't hack WoW. Why? Because you'd have to actually try and hack the server that you're playing on. Good fucking luck, it ain't happening. That's why you can't really cheat at WoW except by buying items and gold and powerlevelling BS.

On a private server, you can code, or even just use GM commands to get stuff. Most people just set the item as a drop on a minor boss or something, even a rare spawn, and that's it.

It's a pretty cool looking thing, even though the stats aren't great.

Level 15
As was said, you have to be at least level 90 to take Arthas (this is quoted from the Blizzard devs themselves)

Check your quotes. He said triple figures, which is 100+

there is no way that Northrend will be showing up anytime soon, unless Blizzard decides to make the next expansion have a +20 to the level cap

Dire Maul is 58+ and is in a zone for 40-50.
Karazhan is 70+ and is in a zone for 40-50.
Zul-Gurub is 60+ and is in a zone for 30-40.
Onyxia is 60+ and is in a zone for 35-40.

Need I go on?

The Dream won't be released until, or before, Northrend, due to one of the Dream's portals leading to that place. So the Dream and Northrend will HAVE to go hand-in-hand, such as having one expansion after the other

The portals already exist.
I see no reason why they can't add the dream and then throw in the Northrend portal later.

Level 36
Not necessarily, the Lich King just used Frostmourne to drive Arthas insane.

If you posessed Frostmourne you would:
1) Lose your soul
2) Go insane

The Lich King knew both of these would happen, so once Arthas went insane, he kept talking to him, convincing him of his plan. As long as you aren't in Northrend, and the Lich KIng doesn't want to make you Arthas 2, you should be fine that way.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I doubt the Lich King will loose that chance. Point is, Frostmourne is with him. So, unless he wants someone else to his service, he won't drop it.

Besides, the Lich King had a plan. He killed Muradin, which could probably make Arthas listen to reason, and at the same time he got rid of Mal'Ganis, one less Dreadlord to worry about. We never found out what the other Dreadlords discussed about his death, though, if they ever did.

Level 11
Theres always been lots of talk of the next expansion including mostly lower level and casual player conent, to try and lessen the need for raiding in WoW. This probably would include one, maybe two, new continents added the world (Hey its not like the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Icecrown are the only places, what about the other entire half of the world.)

Although Icecrown could easily come out next expansion too and actually to the person who said a blizzard employee said in an interview players would have to be 90+, the employee actually said players would only have to be level 80.

One more thing, if you had Frostmourne with the Lich King alive, you'd probably fall under his control, just like Arthas.

Most likely there would be some very long quest chain to purge Ner'zhul from the sword...then he would prolly end up being the true boss of Icecrown and would drop the useable sword on death. Heh.

Level 11
Exxxxxxxxxxactly, scapegoat from blizzard until they can figure out what they will do to incorporate Sargeras as the final boss of WoW, then they can put WoW on hold after that with a gigantic low level content expansion, then release Wc4 giving them another 1-2 years to add storyline to Warcraft before coming out with the 4th Expansion.

Level 11
Level 11
If you read up on the lore about Sargeras, Aegwynn slew Sargeras when he entered Azeroth for a second time and sealed his corpse in the Tomb of Sargeras. Sargeras though transfered his spirit into Aegwynn when he was killed and he remained dormant until Aegwynn gave birth to Medihv, he then transfered his spirit, again, into Medihv. After Medihv opened the Dark Portal allowing the orcs to enter Azeroth the following happened:

Medivh's mother Aegwynn, now banished from the realm for her misdeeds against the Order of Tirisfal, had figured out what Sargeras had done to her, and got into contact with King Llane and his general, Lord Lothar. Lothar felt he had no choice but to destroy the corrupted Medivh in order to prevent the evil Guardian from doing any more damage to Azeroth. Medivh's apprentice wizard, Khadgar, helped Lothar, King Llane and Aegwynn infiltrate Medivh's dark tower, Karazhan. Despite his enormous power, Medivh was caught off his guard, and was in the end killed by his former friends and comrades in his underground sanctum. His body destroyed, Sargeras was sent reeling in pain back into the Twisting Nether. There he remains in limbo, unable to access a vessel body powerful enough to hold his demonic spirit.

Which means that Sargeras himself is alive but non-existant at this time.

Richard A. Knaak said in an interview:

Knaak: Sargeras ceased to be in the sense of his physical being in the mortal world of Azeroth. He was cast into limbo, so to speak, as Blizzard wanted. Otherwise, he pretty much would have immediately returned to try to destroy Azeroth again. 'Ceased to be' was used specifically for that reason.

The orcish warlock Gul'dan believed the Tomb of Sargeras to hold amazing power, since he had been told as much by both Medivh and the eredar demon Kil'jaeden. Gul’dan attempted to claim the tomb for himself, but when he gained access to the grave, Sargeras' corpse was not there. Instead, Gul'dan found only a plethora of demons, driven mad by their long imprisonment. The demons proceeded to tear Gul'dan to shreds, using the orc's skull as a focal point of their power. To this day, it is unknown what happened to Sargeras' body.

The above quote also shows that the location of Sargeras's corpse is currently unknown, and I believe that because the tomb was infested by demons when Gul'dan entered the tomb, that a high ranking member of the Burning Legion must have been able to recover his corpse through a portal or something along the lines of that. And is either preparing, or already has, revived Sargeras.

P.s. Sorry had that all typed in before I saw your reply.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The low-level content would just be an addition to the high-level content they will have to release with a new expansion. Such as new zones to level up in, additional quest lines, if you've played alliance side you would also notice that the very long quest chain for the storyline of the Defias Brotherhood abrubtly ends at the last quest of the chain. This could easily be continued by possibly another low level Defias dungeon for 35+ (As that is when the quest ends) Also I repeat my earlier statement about the world of Azeroth, what is on the other side of the planet? I doubt Blizzard would just leave 3 continents on Azeroth, they probably have something in the works for the other side of the planet, additional continents, undiscovered races, ect.

P.s.s. I kinda turned into a lore junky at one point this year. lol

Level 11
We've only seen flat maps. What makes you assume there's more to the east or west?

There's enough existing and known regions to cover several expansions (Northrend, South Seas, Maelstrom, Undermine, Emerald Dream)

If you open the world map in WoW and zoom out to where you can open up the map of outland or azeroth, you'll notice the circular-like map of azeroth. I'll try and get a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.