• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What are you all running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
What kind of rigs do you all have? Here's mine:
AMD FX 6000 2.4ghz
XFX 8800 GTS (640mb ram, stock clocked)
4GB Ultra DDR2 600mhz
320GB Hard drive
Windows XP Pro/Ubuntu

Level 15
I currently have 2 machines...

Finwe (laptop)
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6GHz
1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
160GB 5400RPM HDD
Geforce 8600GT (512MB)
Integrated Audio
Windows XP Home/CentOS 5 x86_64

Feanor (audio workstation)
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz
2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
2 x 250GB 7200RPM HDD (RAID 0 for sound library)
2 x 320GB 7200RPM HDD (RAID 1 for projects and OS)
Integrated video (Intel G33 north bridge)
Soundblaster Audigy 2 (for 24-bit playback)
Echo Audiofire 4 (for 24-bit recording and playback)
Windows XP Pro

I don't have a high-end gaming machine currently :sad: but my laptop does decently well with games. :smile:

What kind of rigs do you all have? Here's mine:
AMD FX 6000 2.4ghz
XFX 8800 GTS (640mb ram, stock clocked)
4GB Ultra DDR2 600mhz
320GB Hard drive
Windows XP Pro/Ubuntu
With that much RAM, I hope you're running 64-bit versions of Windows and Linux. :wink:

Last edited:
Level 36
Just put mine together a few months ago:

Bender (Gaming Machine):
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.4 GHZ
Intel D975BX2 Crossfire Motherboard
2 GB PC6400 (800 MHZ stock bus speed) Dual Channel DDR2 RAM
ATi Radeon HD2900XT 512 MB DirectX 10 Video
Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
240 GB SATA HD
XP Home/Vista Home Premium

Fry (Laptop):
Intel Centrino Duo 1.6 GHZ
2 GB PC5400 (600 MHZ) DDR2 RAM
Intel Integrated Audio
Intel Integrated Media Accelerator Graphics
160 GB SATA HD
Windows Vista Home Premium

Level 8
Brad, you should die for possession of *multiple* copies of Vista. Anyway, I forgot to post my laptop (though it's not particularly worthy):
1.8ghz AMD Sempron
ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (not even going to tell you the amount of RAM in that one)
60GB hd
512mb DDR2 (no idea what speed)
XP Media Center edition

Level 36
I know, Vista came preinstalled on my laptop... and I ordered Home Premium before I knew what I was getting into :p

Mind you, the laptop is actually running Vista alright, though I can't stand it on my gaming rig. Really the only reason it's being dual booted is so that I can take advantage of DX10 gaming.

Level 15
Bender (Gaming Machine)
Fry (Laptop)
Futurama fan, huh? :thumbs_up:

lol why do u name your computers? mine would probably be called "the pwnage box" or something, but tbh i never even though about naming it till i see this thread :p perhaps "the hammer of justice"; no relevance to anything there, but it sounds cool.
I like to name my machines because:
  1. It's fun to have names for them
  2. When you have a lot of computers, it makes it easier to identify everything
  3. Servers need a hostname anyway, so why not make it something cool/interesting?

Level 4
Windows XP/Ubuntu
Pentium 4 1.00ghz
480 MB DDR ram
80GB harddrive
Hate every bit of it.
Taken 3 hours to open World Edit got so pissed that i punched a wall, broke it and my fist

Level 36
Futurama fan, huh? :thumbs_up:

I like to name my machines because:
  1. It's fun to have names for them
  2. When you have a lot of computers, it makes it easier to identify everything
  3. Servers need a hostname anyway, so why not make it something cool/interesting?

Yeah, my network is called Zoidberg of course :grin:

I've got another older HP laptop being setup again (Leela) and my old desktop that i'm rebuilding as well (Hermes).

Level 36
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz
2GB RAM
160GB Hard disk
Some sort of CD/DVD writer that tries and burns CDs at 26x
17" screen
Laptop

/win

Pretty sweet, I wish I had a Better 2 Duo, but the 1.6 isn't too bad. Sounds slow, but with 2 gigs of blazing fast memory in my laptop, it runs Vista like a dream.

Mine has a 17" widescreen as well. I love it, it looks so huge because it's so wide :grin:

Level 21
my system is:

AMD X2 4600+ (2.4ghz)
2x 7800GTX (SLI)
2gb ram
Asus A8n-Premuim SLI motherboard.

tbh that all thats important, also i got the sickest sound system. i got my pc connected to a mixer which also connects to my decks and my cd/tape player and my tuner which is then connected to some massive amp and some huge speakers and a sub. when turned up to full its really really loud.

Level 6
Blarg (Craptop)
- 17" 1920x1200
- Centrino Pentium M 2.13 Ghz
- 1GB DDR2 533Mhz
- 80GB HDD
- 256MB GeForce Go 6800

Cruntbox (PC)
- 2 x 22" LG Flatron 3000:1 contrast 2ms response monitors.
- Intel E6750 2.66Mhz
- 2 x 320GB Seagate SATAII (Raid 0 Mirrored)
- 2GB DDR2 667Mhz
- Asus P5K-E Deluxe WiFi mobo
- 256mb Asus 8600GT
- DVD burner with Lightscribe
- Hooked up to my Bose system for overkill surround sound.

Yeah...I have odd names for my computers. Updating Blarg soon. Going for a 15.4" coz' the old beast is fricken heavy to carry around all the time. It used to be my desktop replacement but became redundant in that sense when I got Cruntbox.

Samuraid, I didn't know you were a big audiophile. What kind of music do you compose? Have a site for your creations at all?

Level 15
Samuraid, I didn't know you were a big audiophile. What kind of music do you compose? Have a site for your creations at all?
I write solo piano, orchestral soundtracks, some rock music, jazz, and some video game music remixing.

I don't have a website for music yet, mainly because many of my compositions have not been fully recorded yet. In the past, during my time at the university, I could only afford to use my Soundblaster card on an older computer with some free soundfonts to compose, so I didn't get very much done.

The machine above is my new Gigastudio 3 and K2 machine, and I've been collecting a few good libraries for it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some music.

Do you write music? If so, what are you into? If not, it still sounds like you are a music connoisseur. :cool:

Level 21
Yeah I just run my Soundblaster with the 5.1 speakers and it's good enough :p

well i play music loud and have people round my house and stuff :p also some of my mates bring their vynils and mix the computer and the vynils (vinyls?) its really cool! usuallu drum and bass or trance. my sound system probably cost about $1000 when you take into acount the speakers and everything.

Level 15
well i play music loud and have people round my house and stuff :p also some of my mates bring their vynils and mix the computer and the vynils (vinyls?) its really cool! usuallu drum and bass or trance. my sound system probably cost about $1000 when you take into acount the speakers and everything.
Sounds like a pretty beefy system. :cool: What sort of amp do you use?

Offtopic: You know, someone should really start a topic called "Your audio system" and have everyone post their setup. :cool: I'll bet more than half the forum uses standard tiny computer speakers though. :sad:

Level 36
I have about 10 thousand dollars worth of audio equipment sitting unused in my basement :sad::sad: we updated our home theatre package to DVD and Surround sound many years ago, and all of our old equipment is now going unused. Seems like a horrible waste, so i've been trying to convince my Dad to do something with it :)

I have Altec Lansing 5.1, and it's about 260 Watts of power. The thing puts out, and my old trusty Sound Blaster hasn't failed me yet.

Level 6
I write solo piano, orchestral soundtracks, some rock music, jazz, and some video game music remixing.

I don't have a website for music yet, mainly because many of my compositions have not been fully recorded yet. In the past, during my time at the university, I could only afford to use my Soundblaster card on an older computer with some free soundfonts to compose, so I didn't get very much done.

The machine above is my new Gigastudio 3 and K2 machine, and I've been collecting a few good libraries for it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some music.

Do you write music? If so, what are you into? If not, it still sounds like you are a music connoisseur. :cool:
Wow that's pretty awesome. I certainly wouldn't mind hearing something you make when do get around to recording it. I've always found a lot of enjoyment and power in music created by people who don't necessarily earn a living from it, but have a great deal of talent with composing pieces. Perhaps it's because the motivation is personal satisfaction rather than a job.

As for me, I play a couple of instruments but I'm far from being a skilled muso by any definition. I've dabbled, but nothing really gripping. Though I would definitely love to learn slide guitar (because it's so darn sexy), I'm happy enough just listening to amazing stuff other people come up with :).

Sounds pretty neat (no pun intended). Someone who knows what a B-side is, yay! Also, it's vinyl :D

Offtopic: You know, someone should really start a topic called "Your audio system" and have everyone post their setup. :cool: I'll bet more than half the forum uses standard tiny computer speakers though. :sad:
Might be a good idea. We've kinda hijacked this thread and turned it into an audio system discussion :p.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My system runs ok but sucks in so many ways.
Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHZ HT core (HT sucks due to making 1 core into 2 at half the speed although it does not matter with modern games)
Geforce 7 7800 GTS AGP8* (best card I could get for agp that was not 1337 priced)
2 GB random ram (dought it is even ddr1 but probably is and anyway it is 2*512 + 1* 1024 so its slow)
160 GB hard drive with 2 extra for storage.
Windows XP home edition 32 (swiss edition)

I hope by Q2 next year to have the following thoe.
Intel quad core extreem
Nvedia Geforce 9 9800 GTS
4 GB DDR3-4 ram (2*2048)
A decent hard drive of about 400 ish GB should do.
Vista Home edition (cant decide on 32 or 64 bit) (english edition)

With that I should be able to max any game in existance.

Level 21
ILOL

thats a b side. GTFO and get hax reg noob nublet batty crease haxen lol ffs hs GL+HF¬¬!!!1111oneoneoneonetwo

---------------------------------____----------------------------------

a b side is a song that is on the flipside of a single (usually a vinyl) and is often not on the album or LP making it rare or not often listen, but quite often b sides are good.

Level 36
My old PC is similar as well, this is what I was using as my primary gaming system from 2001 until this August >.>

Hermes:
ECS Elite Group P4S5/DX + Mobo
Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.0 GHZ
512 MB SDRAM
ATi Radeon 7500 64 MB AGP 4X (Top of the line back in '01 xD)
1x 40 GB IDE HD
1x 160 GB IDE HD
Sound Blaster Live! Audigy 5.1

Cost me roughly 2500 dollars back in the day, but look how sad it is now Q _ Q

Level 15
Heh, mine's similar, but with another 512mb of ram, bit better cpu, way more hd space, better mobo and a better gfx card that's broken.

-*meow*

So what you are basically saying: "My PC is pretty much the same as yours except all the parts are different...and better." :xxd:

Good heavens, your posts are a monstrosity to quote. :eek:

Level 8
I've got myself to computers..

My laptop:
Apple Macbook Pro,
2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600M GT /w 128 Mb

Main computer:
3.6 GHz Intel Duo Core
2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
XFX GeForce 7900GS /w 256 Mb