• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What are you all running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Inded... to bad the higest is 64 G, that aint much. But hell it is fast.

(Gilles you could just check your computer specifics: it can be done by the comp itself.)

Hows that? Display Properties, Advanced, Adapter?

If so then it seems to be a SiS 661FX. With 32 MB.

Level 34
Good lord no wonder! 32 MB of VRAM, imagine that. Your card must be nearing 8 or so years of age then, yes?

No actually. It's a year old, but my Dad bought it, and didn't want any G-Cards put in. It was custom built, so the guy probably wanted to make it as cheap as possible, since my Dad doesn't play video games he doesn't need a good card, just RAM and a good processor.

Level 35
Well SILICONintegratedSYSTEMS I think it is, no? So that does make sense :p

But it's the 32 MB that gives it away. My Radeon 7500 is 7 years old or so now, and it still has 64 MB of memory, so imagine how old yours is, with only half of that. At least 8 years old, is my guess.

7 years old and 64 MB??? How the hell can you even run something?

Level 36
Not anymore, that was my old card. I stopped using it ages ago. I have a brand-freakin' new HD2600XT 512 now and it rapes all :p

But Gilles, I find it VERY hard to believe that it's only a year old, all of the integrated stuff made since 2006 has 128 MB of memory at least, my HP Laptop from 2002 even had 64 MB integrated...

Level 34
Not anymore, that was my old card. I stopped using it ages ago. I have a brand-freakin' new HD2600XT 512 now and it rapes all :p

But Gilles, I find it VERY hard to believe that it's only a year old, all of the integrated stuff made since 2006 has 128 MB of memory at least, my HP Laptop from 2002 even had 64 MB integrated...

Well the computer was bought a year ago. The motherboard seems to be good, but somehow I have that integrated 32 MB. Maybe I checked it wrong.

Level 8
unless anyone else has proffessional audio equipment (like me) i probably have one of the better sounds systems connected to my computer.

What are you using?

I use:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Inspire T7900

That is some really sweet sound :p ..

Level 21
im using that creative audio card that looks like a drive and goes into one of the slots where a cd or dvd drive would usually go. you know? the really cool looking one. but my sound system is good because i have it connected to a mixer (along with alot of other stuff), a great amp and some high quality speaks and subwoofer

Level 8
im using that creative audio card that looks like a drive and goes into one of the slots where a cd or dvd drive would usually go. you know? the really cool looking one. but my sound system is good because i have it connected to a mixer (along with alot of other stuff), a great amp and some high quality speaks and subwoofer

Yeah that sound card is either the same or slightly older model than the one I'm using. I rather stay with my current setup.. Kinda like the sorround sound :wthumbsup:

Level 8
I have no idea what my soundcard is..

But I got 2 260 Watts speakers at my screen. And a large Subwoofer. Does the job fine for me. Not realy in for the big sound systems. Those are for the living room.

I live in one room :xxd: .. 7.1 surround sound really does a good action movie worth watching.. I have no idea about the output, but I've never had it up more than half way, it's simply just to loud. It would wake up the dead guys at the local graveyeard.

Status
Not open for further replies.