• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEX problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I posted this in the WEX thread but I figured I'd post it here as well.

I'm using the latest version of WEX but it doesn't seem to be able to recognize vJASS syntax so it gives me the error below. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Capture.PNG

Level 3
Replace addresses.xml in the plugins folder, and reopen WEX.

Yes, I did that. I placed the addresses.xml into both the plugins folder and the other plugins folder in profile and reopened WEX, in fact. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same error.

Here's the file paths of where I pasted the addresses.xml file for further reference.

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\plugins
SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins

Level 3
That is the only thing that needs to be done assuming you installed WEX correctly, and running the correct executable. Beyond that, ask in the WEX forum.

No one has still replied to my post in the WEX forum though. I read some of the earlier posts and it seems that the addresses don't work with the PTR version of 1.29.2? How do I tell if the version I have is the PTR version?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] How do I tell if the version I have is the PTR version?
It is up to you to decide whether you want to install it, or not. It uses its own installer.

The Public Test version of the game installs in a different folder, and has its own shortcut.

ptr shortcut.jpg

Moreover, the words 'Public Test' should be clearly visible after launching this test version of the game.

ptr 3D campaign screen.jpg

Level 3
It is up to you to decide whether you want to install it, or not. It uses its own installer.

The Public Test version of the game installs in a different folder, and has its own shortcut.

View attachment 301277

Moreover, the words 'Public Test' should be clearly visible after launching this test version of the game.

View attachment 301278

Thanks. I can confirm my Warcraft isn't the PTR version. I redownloaded WEX and addresses.xml and tesh. Now everything seems to be working as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.