• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird Issue with Geosets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
InTheModelEditor.png

So here I have my model. (or well Wendigo reskinned to a Sasquatch, with the Necromancer Buck Skull as the head, with a ghoul ribcage)

Originally upon first import into my testmap to test the model ingame, I came across this anomaly.
The Issue.png

When I initially gave it a move order, the two geosets I added remained floating in their starting location. As the original portions of the model moved with the unit. (The portrait did the same thing, as the model animated, the geosets just floated statically) Then after that, when I reloaded the map in the editor, I was greeted with a headless and ribcageless version of the model:
In The Editor.png

Then when I tested it again:

Ingame.png

The same headless ribless wendigo as in the editor, quite the anomaly.

The tools I used to accomplish making the model in the first place are Vertexmodify (from Oinkertools) and War3ModelEditor (the one by Magos).

All of the animations in the War3ModelEditor work as intended. (However the Death - Decay Flesh and Death - Decay Bone are literally the same, and I plan on reverting Death - Decay Bone to it's original value after I find the solution to the Geoset issue.)

How would I go about fixing this? Would I merge the new geosets into the model's default geosets, and reskin it through Vertexmodify? Or is there another thing I could do in War3ModelEditor to fix the issue?

(I attached the model in the attachments, so feel free to take a look for yourself, as it only uses ingame textures as of this moment.)

Attachments

• MM_Wendigo.mdx
    85 KB · Views: 31
Level 3
All of the vertices of geoset 3 are attached to Bone_Head.
All of the vertices of geoset 4 are attached to Bone_Chest.
Neither of these nodes are bones - they are helpers.
Vertices must be attached to bones.

Use the sanity tester :p

Thanks for finding the problem, I appreciate it. I'll attach the vertices to their respective bones immediately! C:

Status
Not open for further replies.