• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merge Problem and Geoset Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I made a head model from shratch using Milkeshape (There is two bones in it, dunno if that matters), then convertet it to mdx, then to mdl. I used vertexmodify to reomve the head of an other model. Then I placed the model I made betwhen my two marks. And saved as geoset. Then I used GeosetMerger to try to merge the head on the headless model. Wasnt sure wich bone to use so tried 3 different ones. The first was called Head : Spine3 (something like that)
The result was this for every 3 bones I tried:

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to delete the bones from the head or use somekind of other bone to attach too? Also my model didnt look like the one on the pic, it was also wearing a hat and a neck, those only showed up as other geoset when I opened the mdl, so also how to make them one geoset?

But to the main problem how to get the head the right place? (Know it isnt textured, havent yet..)

Status
Not open for further replies.