• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why does edited model crash in World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I edited a downloaded model myself in War3ModelEditor, I removed a geoset in geoset manager to remove a part, then I removed the animation in geoset animation manager. I clicked calculate extents and saved.

When I opened World Editor, I imported that model that has ingame textures and when I choosed the imported model in Object Editor the World Editor crashed.

I just wanted to remove a part of the model and I don't know if editing in War3ModelEditor is the right way to do it.

There you go, a quick neodex 2.7 edit.

I also auto optimized the model without losing quality.

Credit the original author only and use it for personal use.

Now the problem you may had had was that you deleted a geoset and didn't delete the bones that ONLY referenced to it.

Anyways this version is better optimized. If you use the MDX/M3 Optimizer from Ghostwolf, you can make it fit in your map for almost no memory cost.

Attachments

• HaradrimRider2.mdx
    153 KB · Views: 54
  • HaradrimRider2_portrait.mdx
    21.8 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.