• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] water walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Unit enters Region

Passive Hero Transformation to amphibious movement

Leaves Region

Passive Hero Transformation to regular form with foot movement

And I'm not sure but Purge's system might be able to manipulated so you "walk on water" since all its doing is moving the unit while playing its walk animation (Edit: Not to belittle it, but that is what's is doing in a nutshell).

I haven't checked to see if it would difficult to do though.

Level 37
Here is how to detect water.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set p = (Position of u)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain pathing at p of type Floatability is off) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain pathing at p of type Walkability is off) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: deep water
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: shallow water
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: not water
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)

I think you must put invisible platform into water . Then If you want walk the unit into top of the water, you can change the height of the invi platform . .

Attachments

• ----aaa.png
    ----aaa.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
Level 6
Type of movement cant be changed via triggers. I think you need to use object editor for this, or really transform into unit that can fly.

If you want you can try to simulate water with doodads, and only allow your unit to enter this region, and restrict for others.

The triggers works, if you don't know look the rexxar campaign part 2, the intoduction cinematographic scene; the dirigible reduces that height

Level 6
Look the pictures
You can use specific units, I'm using the blue footman. It is in plataforms in the water, use obstacles to block the plataforms from other units

References:
Encendido = On
Apagado = Off

XD--

Attachments

• WWDesactivate-1.jpg
    WWDesactivate-1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 59
  • WWActivate.jpg
    WWActivate.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 67
  • WWIn-Game.jpg