• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Walking Underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi there, i wanna make a map, where units can walk underwater like they walk from a beach into the water to the ground and than get out when they arrive on another beach.I tried already with the movement properties but than the units walk on the water not under.

Level 30
Try to set the unit's Movement Type - Amphibious. That will make sure they can ,,swim"
But, it is impossible to set unit's height beyond zero. Maybe you can, due to some bug, but errors will occur. Maybe you wanna try to do the ,,lowered terrain", in other words, to ,,push down" terrain a few cliff levels and ramp it then. I am quite sure that you know how to set water color to a bit transparent level. Ask if you have some questions.

Level 11
hi there, i wanna make a map, where units can walk underwater like they walk from a beach into the water to the ground and than get out when they arrive on another beach.I tried already with the movement properties but than the units walk on the water not under.

Try using a water doodad (there's a bunch of 'em for terrainers, just do a search) instead of actual water terrain, then have the unit walk on land (which would of course be underwater, due to the appearance of the water doodad).

Good luck with your project. :thumbs_up:

Level 8
There are some naga units, if i remember, that can submerge. If you got some skill just edit the model you wnat and make the alternate (submerged animations) animations to just like the normal animations, but down in the Z axis. Or you could try only giving the submerge unit skill to that units.

Status
Not open for further replies.