• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarsongGrunt

Someone suggested to me that I make Grunts for all the clans, so here's my first one: the Warsong Grunt. It's mostly a test to see if people like the design and to see if it could look like he's actually from the Warsong Clan. Also to improve my freehand skills.
You have permission to edit, use and all that crap as long as you give me credit.

Keywords:
Warsong, Grunt, Clan, Orc
Contents

WarsongGrunt (Model)

WarsongGrunt (Model)

Reviews
20:56, 31st Mar 2009 Dan van Ohllus: Works ingame and performs well. Nice and useful for making different orc clans.

M

20:56, 31st Mar 2009
Dan van Ohllus:
Works ingame and performs well.
Nice and useful for making different orc clans.

Level 24
First!
Looks awesome and all, I do get some "Warsong" feeling about, mainly because of weapon + armor I guess. You do have some geoset animation problems (I think it is) that causes the weapon to "flash" in some animations, test Stand - 1 animation and watch the weapon for a few seconds to see what I mean. On the whole, this is simply freaking amazing!

Edit: Just noticed the team colored shoulder lacks a texture on the portrait.
Also, the Gloves/Legs/Boots texture is a bit too dark for in-game. Perhaps you should "lighten" those areas up a bit.

Level 6
I think it is really good, however just make sure that the Blackrock grunt doesn't look to similar and if you can; try adding clan symbols to their armor or to their skin as like a tattoo. Good job and keep it up; your on a roll.

Level 39
First!
Looks awesome and all, I do get some "Warsong" feeling about, mainly because of weapon + armor I guess. You do have some geoset animation problems (I think it is) that causes the weapon to "flash" in some animations, test Stand - 1 animation and watch the weapon for a few seconds to see what I mean. On the whole, this is simply freaking amazing!

Edit: Just noticed the team colored shoulder lacks a texture on the portrait.
Also, the Gloves/Legs/Boots texture is a bit too dark for in-game. Perhaps you should "lighten" those areas up a bit.

Yes, I did notice the weapon flash in the Model Editor, but when I tested it ingame it strangely didn't show. So it shouldn't be a problem, seeing as if you look at the normal Grunt in the Model Editor you see the flash as well. I think that's something wrong with the Model Editor.
Whops, hadn't seen the problem with the shoulder. I'll fix that now. I'll try lightening up the texture a bit as well.
EDIT: Hmm, seems like the normal Grunt's shoulder doesn't have TC either in the portrait. Can't really figure out how to fix that...

Level 3
Wow! All these are realy good! 5/5! Here is a suggestion.....Maybe alter the shade of the skin so one could have light green skin and another dark green. Keep up the good work!

Level 3
This is awsome. Im using this in my Wars of Draenor map (warcraft II timed) but im using it as grom, since in warcraft II he was a grunt :p again, very nice. But it's missing a blizzard look... 4.5/5

Level 8
I would strongly recommend you put all your grunts into a pack so that people can download them all at once.

Oh, and the models look great, I especially love the Shattered Hand Grunt's left arm having a sword at the end in place of a hand. That is just cool.

Level 1
Hey tauer i just made a account hoping you could solve a problem for me. I am planning on using multiple grunt models you've created but when i have the different versions in the same map and some die the ones that are still alive take on aspects of the different models. I.E a blackrock grunt kills a FW grunt the blackrock grun gets a cape. or they get mixed weapons.

Last edited:
Level 1
I love all your orc models but I am having a problem putting this mod in game. I imported it like every other mod but when i test the map its just a shadow. I know its me and not the mod but how do i make it work because I love these grunts and they will work on many of my maps.

Level 1
I like your models, and every hero model works fine for me. But none of these grunts work for me.
Just shade appears.

Last edited:
Level 3
You're welcome.
Always keep an eye out for the blp files when importing models .
Not all custom models use custom textures, but those who so will not work without them.
For some reason this doesn't work for me. I followed all the exact steps in the descriptions to import it and it still shows as a shaded shadow and I import models all the time. I play on a 1.26a patch could that be the issue?

Level 3
try to shorten the texture path to just "WarsongGrunt.blp" with this and reimport everything
Which file do I open to do that, just the model mdx or portrait too?

Maybe its easier if you customize the paths for me and then reupload it your files to me and tell me the paths you specifically customized to

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: