• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Warriors" - Kill, Rank up, Kill some More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This idea came to me while trying to think of a game that *might* attract users to my WCIII Discussions board. So the idea:

Warriors would be a team PvP style game. Essentially players would be allowed to pick from a variety of possible warriors (Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf etc...) to use. Each one would have the same abilities, but they would have different racial abilities to change up the tide of battle. On top of that, the warriors could rank up upon reaching a certain level, such as: Rank 1 + 10 levels = Rank 2, Rank 2 + 15 levels = Rank 3 and so on, so forth. They would be able to level up by either killing opposing team members or killing creeps. The creeps would be in a sort of leveling lane, each lane changed the creep level to suit the warrior. For PvP leveling, periodic deathmatch games could be initiated or they could have a duel arena for when ever. Also, there could be a store area, selling weapons, armor, spells and other enhancements (potions, medallions etc...).
EDIT
For the goal the host would be given two choices: Submission or Scorematch.
Submission: The other team either leaves or has a 5/6 vote of submission.
Scorematch: The host chooses a score limit of which the teams has to reach by killing each other.

At the moment I have no plan of action, but feel free to comment.

EDIT:
I have been browsing models for use. Here are some possible choices:

Human
Rank 1: Dark Footman
Rank 2: Garithos Unmounted
Rank 3: Chaos Warrior
Rank 4/5: Arthas (Model 1)
Rank 4/5: Arthas (Model 2)
Rank 6: Templar

Orc
Rank 1: Shattered Hand Grunt
Rank 2: Orc Warrior
Rank 3/4: Chaos Orc Warrior
Rank 3/4: Grunt Assassin
Rank 5: Beastmaster
Rank 6: Orc Warlord

Blood Elf
Rank 1: Blood Elf Swordsman
Rank 2: Blood Elf Pikeman
Rank 3/4: Elf Warrior
Rank 3/4: Blood Elf Warrior
Rank 5/6: Blood Elf Guardian
Rank 5/6: Blood Elf Paladin

Last edited:
Level 8
Racials!
Human: Honourable Strikes - reduces enemy armour on every attack.
Orc: Brutal Strikes - % to stun target and increase attackspeed
Undead: Deathly Strikes - % to critically strike and slow
Blood: Arcane Strikes - Increases damage based on mana

Human: Spiritualism - gives spell immunity and increased mana regeneration
Orc: Shamanism - stops regeneration to give increrased attack damage
Undead: Sadism - causes all nearby corpses to replenish the warriors health
Blood: Narcisim - gives damage immunity but reduced armour afterwards

Human: Heroes Blade - Heals/Damages all nearby Allies/Enemies
Orc: Thunder Blade - Strikes all enemies in a large radius
Undead: Fallen Blade - Strikes nearby enemies. Deaths cause explosions.
Blood: Enchanted Blade - Slows and damages nearby enemies.

Level 4
Jsprat, thanks for the contribution. I could definitely see the strike abilities happening. However, as I am not skilled at all (in the area of triggering/spellcreating/skill-thing-editing), and lack the ability to recruit people, I don't see Shamanism, Sadism, nor Narcism(Narcissism would be the correct way if this is what you mean) happening, however, they are good ideas (though not sure about the Blood Elven one). The blades seem like they would make a better item, like, you pick the warrior and are assigned the weapon, which gets upgraded alongside your rank. Again thank you for the ideas.

Level 9
So like custom hero arena without the custom part? It could work out but would require alot of work to make it unique, as theres hundreds of hero arenas out there. Good luck.

Level 4
It wouldn't be that much like the "Custom Hero Arena" series as the teams are separate save for duels and battles. Thanks though.

Level 2
actually i made a map like this. many people liked it, but the terrain and most spells sucked. good luck with it

Status
Not open for further replies.