• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
We would have to make sequels until the events of WotlK before the first "good ending" happens. Fortunately, the fall of the Lich King will probably become a movie so epic it will change the history of movies forever. *fingers crossed* ;P

LoL!

Any new leaked photos? They keep me Excited.

Medivh, just did a search and I found that he was corrupt since he was born. So, Medivh will probably betray humans when he was young (Aegwynn was alive there) right? Or maybe they Rectoned that?

An interesting description of what happened in the SDCC footage is on io9:
http://io9.com/weve-just-seen-the-first-amazing-footage-from-the-warcr-1717265780

MMO-champ summarized it quite nicely from different sources:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5012-Warcraft-Movie-at-San-Diego-Comic-Con

I think OutsiderXE's prediction will roughly be how the movie will play out. I can't wait. :) Some people may dislike the amount of CG, but eh--the original cinematics were all CG anyway, so it isn't like we should care. :p As long as it is detailed and realistic, I'm fine with it.

Someone described Warcraft as the anti-Lord of the Rings, and the more I think about it the more I agree. It's not (relatively) realistic or dark fantasy. Everything is supposed to be really big and colorful, at times humorous. But also not in a childish way like Narnia. Everyone has an agenda; some People will be pushed very hard, others will be pushed over the edge. Good people will die. This will not have a happy ending.

Honestly, this is what I like about the Warcraft series. :) It fits into its own niche.

A Void said:
If Medivh did truly see the future, why did he not stop Arthas while he had the chance? Then again his plan worked to save the world but with a huge cost.

I don't think he saw it coming. Judging by his quote at the end of RoC:
Medivh said:
"The roots will heal in time, as will the entire world. The sacrifices has been made. Just as the orcs, humans and night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe, so did nature herself rise up to banish the shadow forever.
As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place amongst the legends of the past."

He felt that he had finished his task.

Maybe he knew whatever was supposed to happen, would happen. If Arthas died before picking up Frostmourne, Another one would have done it. (Most likely Muradin IMO)

No, it was already planned, when Arthas was born he will become future death knight of the Lich King. Kel'Thuzad said that everything was planned years before Arthas took Frostmourne. It is possible that Arthas was already in contact with Lich King's call from the very birth.

Muradin wouldn't even had taken the frostmourne. He did read warning runes on it. Muradin even warned Arthas not to take it.

If Medivh really wanted to prevent or give more time till legion's arrival he would have just simply killed Arthas or had someone else do it.

#PurgeandFire

what are you even talking about? That quote isn't related to his ability to see the future.

Level 17
No, it was already planned, when Arthas was born he will become future death knight of the Lich King. Kel'Thuzad said that everything was planned years before Arthas took Frostmourne.

So, if Medivh and Kel'thuzad both knew it, if Medivh killed Arthas, it would have created an Infinite Loop of Paradoxes.

(Kel'thuzad knew about Arthas becoming a death knight --->Arthas dies ---> Kel'thuzad's prediction was incorrect ----> So, Kel'thuzad must have predicted someone else[1], or just no prediction.[2]
[1]---> Someone else will take the place of Arthas. ----> Medivh would kill that guy ----> Another one will be predicted ---> Eternal loop
[2]---> If he had no prediction, Then why would he Force Arthas to take Frostmourne? ---> Arthas won't be involved in Undead thingies ---> Medivh won't have to kill Arthas)

Both will create an Infinite loop. So, why would Medivh destroy time-line and create chaos? Someone with a Strong knowledge of Time won't do such a thing, unless a fool.

If Medivh did truly see the future, why did he not stop Arthas while he had the chance? Then again his plan worked to save the world but with a huge cost.

I'm saying he probably doesn't see the future. We don't have a clear grasp on what he actually knows--he probably just had one vision or glimpse of what may have happened at Mount Hyjal.

He likely foresaw the destruction of the world when he was brought back, and that is all he set out to resolve. But if he knew the exact means to prevent the destruction (uniting Jaina/Thrall/elves), he wouldn't have bothered trying to see Arthas/Terenas/Antonidas in the first place. So I doubt he knew the whole story of the future (e.g. the means of Archimonde's summoning), he probably just saw the result. Otherwise, as you said, he would've pressed Arthas further or watched over him carefully.

And judging by his parting words, he clearly didn't see far enough to know that the Lich King would rise up in the end. I'm guessing that all he saw was a vision of Archimonde, and the uniting of races to fight him.

I'm saying he probably doesn't see the future. We don't have a clear grasp on what he actually knows--he probably just had one vision or glimpse of what may have happened at Mount Hyjal.

He likely foresaw the destruction of the world when he was brought back, and that is all he set out to resolve. But if he knew the exact means to prevent the destruction (uniting Jaina/Thrall/elves), he wouldn't have bothered trying to see Arthas/Terenas/Antonidas in the first place. So I doubt he knew the whole story of the future (e.g. the means of Archimonde's summoning), he probably just saw the result. Otherwise, as you said, he would've pressed Arthas further or watched over him carefully.

And judging by his parting words, he clearly didn't see far enough to know that the Lich King would rise up in the end. I'm guessing that all he saw was a vision of Archimonde, and the uniting of races to fight him.

In Human Campaign cutscene where Arthas encounters Medivh, Medivh says that this land is already lost (reffering to Lordaeron), the shadow has already consumed it.

When Arthas refuses to leave, Medivh says that harder you strive to slay your enemies the faster you'll deliver them right into their hands.

It is implied that he knew about Arthas as the Lich King but it wasn't his goal, he returned to stop much larger threat. And at the end he said that future generations must be independent from guardians, meaning that they could deal with coming threats without Medivh interfering (or any other guardian).

#Arad MNK

Simple. If Arthas was killed then that would give more time until Legion's arrival. Because if Arthas dies, someone else has to get corrupted and become a champion of Lich King.

Edit: Medivh already knew about Arthas:

In Human Campaign cutscene where Arthas encounters Medivh, Medivh says that this land is already lost (reffering to Lordaeron), the shadow has already consumed it.

When Arthas refuses to leave, Medivh says that harder you strive to slay your enemies the faster you'll deliver them right into their hands.

It is implied that he knew about Arthas as the Lich King but it wasn't his goal, he returned to stop much larger threat. And at the end he said that future generations must be independent from guardians, meaning that they could deal with coming threats without Medivh interfering (or any other guardian).

It is tough to say. Archimonde wouldn't have been summoned without Arthas & Kel'thuzad. If Medivh knew, wouldn't he have been far more determined to stop Arthas? (at least upon his return to Lordaeron) There may be evidence of Medivh seeing that Arthas would betray his people, but I don't see any evidence of knowing that Arthas would rise as the Lich King. That's just extrapolation.

That's why I feel like Medivh is just feeling his way through. If he had all knowledge of the future, then he wouldn't have wasted his time talking to the other leaders at all. And it would be weird for him to know of the Lich King at all since he never references it or concerns over it at all. All the "shadow" that he refers to is strictly from the Scourge and Nathrezim/Burning Legion.

As for your quote in particular, there is a lot of ambiguity. I personally think that "delivering [your people] into their hands" refers to the fact that men would die and be raised as undead. If he said Arthas would be delivered into their hands, then that would definitely suggest that Medivh would know something is up. But it is reasonable that Medivh would expect Arthas' plight to be futile.

If Medivh saw anything besides Archimonde being summoned to attack the tree, then wouldn't Medivh try to prevent the summoning? Instead, he just prepares for the summoning--assuming that it will happen regardless of what he does. Imo, that shows that he really isn't as informed as people would expect.

Level 39
I think people overestimate Medivh's active role in all of this. He wasn't there to prevent anything. He was there to prepare them.

He knew the Legion would return. One way or another. Stopping Arthas wouldn't have changed that fact. So instead of spending his time actively stopping the Legion, he wanted to band together the mortal races so they could stand against them by themselves - without Guardians as Medivh himself put it.

Killing Arthas, stopping the summoning, all this would just have been a band-aid. The Legion would've found another way, and they probably will. They are not done with Azeroth yet. But what Medivh has accomplished is that he has made the mortal races aware of the threat. He managed to band them together (why do you think he sent the Humans and Orcs to Kalimdor? He wanted them to ally themselves with the Night Elves because he knew they had stood against the Legion before) to prepare them for future attacks by the Legion.

The death of Archimonde wasn't his end goal, because it wasn't the end of the Legion. They'll be back. It was just what convinced him that the mortals were now prepared to fight this fight themselves.

The Lich King wasn't even on his radar I think. The amount of Humans that died during the Plague pales in comparison to the Legion's return.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Then what appears to be the souls of these awkward purple humanoids are sucked out, down into Gul’dan’s staff, and then explode out to open the huge green portal and the orcs begin to run through.
An excerpt from the trailer description from one of Purge's links.

So, I'd say that pretty much confirms Draenai.

About the whole "Medivh killing Arthas" situation:
I guess there's really two options here:
- He didn't see Arthas distant future, only the events up to Archimonde's defeat
- He knew the Post WotlK lore, which means that "There must always be a Lich King".

... yeah; if I had to chose, I'd go with option 1, because fuck WoW lore.

Level 39
An excerpt from the trailer description from one of Purge's links.

So, I'd say that pretty much confirms Draenai.

Yeah, seems like it. Strange that the guy doesn't seem to recognize Draenai. You'd think that they would send someone with at least a basic knowledge of Warcraft.

About the whole "Medivh killing Arthas" situation:
I guess there's really two options here:

Again, I really think that Arthas is not in any way on Medivh's radar. He is small time compared to the Legion. Sure The Lich King might kill a lot of people, but the Legion means the end of the world.

"There must always be a Lich King"

Michael_Scott_ewww.gif

Level 39
An artist created a slideshow of what was shown in the first trailer at comic-con, here.
Looks like Dalaran is floating, another retcon?

Elf eyes glowing purple?

Wow, that's pretty cool, drawing a slideshow from memory.
But hold on, elves weren't part of the First War?

And floating Dalaran - that's just plain stupid. God I hate retcons.

Otherwise it's looking really cool, if the drawings are accurate. Still not a fan of the Orcs beings brown though.

Wow, that's pretty cool, drawing a slideshow from memory.
But hold on, elves weren't part of the First War?

And floating Dalaran - that's just plain stupid. God I hate retcons.

Otherwise it's looking really cool, if the drawings are accurate. Still not a fan of the Orcs beings brown though.

"Dalaran was one of the original city-states founded during the Arathorian empire. Since its inception, the city has served as a hub of magical knowledge and experimentation in Lordaeron and the world. A multi-racial wizards’ council called the Kirin Tor ruled the city for centuries, overseeing Dalaran from the Violet Citadel — a great, slender spire in the city’s heart that housed the most extensive libraries and greatest laboratories in the world."

I'm not sure how they will get away with floating Dalaran retcon, because we all know that Dalaran was a city on the ground. It was destroyed in the third war by Archimonde.

latest

VIDEO FOOTAGE https://vid.me/ijlx
Brown skin already explained.
Looks exactly like a blizzard cinematic (meaning it looks like warcraft but it doesn't feel like real-life).

Looks like not all orcs are brown, most of them are green. What a relief...

Looks exactly like a blizzard cinematic (meaning it looks like warcraft but it doesn't feel like real-life).

I've guessed as much, they used a lot of CGI.

I have uploaded the video below in case Legendary tries to remove it, click to download it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I got to say I don't get all the drama about Dalaran flying. Does it really matter? I know I don't care, as long as they find a good way for the scourge to destroy Dalaran in the third movie without all of them riding Frostwyrms. ;)

It's just the rule-of-cool applied. Nothing wrong with that. If they make Arthas smoke cigs and have him grow a moustache, I'll also be fine ... as long as they don't retcon something story relevant. ;)

Level 39
Appreciated Void.

Wow, that guy in the beginning is a huge tool. "Just one big computer" "like Avatar", yeah you mean the movie that had near flawless photo-realistic CGI? Ugh, typical CGI basher.

Not exactly though. They've shown that some of them are green, but they're still going against established canon though. It seems like Grom was telling Orgrim and Durotan about the blood of Mannoroth, like they didn't know about it.

And I might be making too many assumptions here, but it looks very much to me like Orgrim is part of the Frostwolves here. If he was really Blackhand's right hand man, wouldn't he know about the green skin? I'd think Blackhand would be the first to know - at least he was in the novel. It just seems strange that Orgrim is so surprised at the green skin.

I got to say I don't get all the drama about Dalaran flying. Does it really matter? I know I don't care, as long as they find a good way for the scourge to destroy Dalaran in the third movie without all of them riding Frostwyrms. ;)

It's just the rule-of-cool applied. Nothing wrong with that. If they make Arthas smoke cigs and have him grow a moustache, I'll also be fine ... as long as they don't retcon something story relevant. ;)

It matters to me because it goes against established canon. If they make this movie a part of the Warcraft canon, which I'm betting they will after spending so much money on it, it will make reading the books, playing the games etc seem like a waste of time. Because the events have been changed. It kinda belittles what the writers and authors managed to do in my opinion.

And it's so unnecessary. As you say yourself, this is all in the name of cool. Which is total BS. Dalaran could've been amazing without floating. They just decided to make it floating in order to not confuse WoW-players who are used to a floating Dalaran - even though that Dalaran is NOT the same Dalaran as the one we will see in the movie.

Even though I don't like WoW lore, I can live with it because it happens later in the canon. But changing already established canon just makes me sad. Because it really is unecessary.

On the bright side, the footage looks amazing. Even in low quality. The character designs are awesome, voice acting is great. Gul'dan seems cool. Hopefully he'll get a big role. And also, GROM! Hellz yeah.
Did the other part of the "trailer" not get leaked? There was no Alliance footage in this one.

We better brace ourselves for incoming feminists complaining about Durotan's protectiveness over Draka.

Level 25
Let's go for the retard-logic:
Dalaran could always fly, for a limited time. It just needs to get down and refuel magics from time to time.

So.. When Archimonde destroys dalaran, it's currently refuelling magic.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Appreciated Void.

Wow, that guy in the beginning is a huge tool. "Just one big computer" "like Avatar", yeah you mean the movie that had near flawless photo-realistic CGI? Ugh, typical CGI basher.
Yeah, I don't get that sentiment either. We did not have a single full-CGI movie since Avatar; it's about time someone tries to tackle that "realistic CGI" problem again, after all the Pixar child movies giving animated movies a bad name.

Not exactly though. They've shown that some of them are green, but they're still going against established canon though. It seems like Grom was telling Orgrim and Durotan about the blood of Mannoroth, like they didn't know about it.
I think this is some liberty they took in the movie to make the story exposition more suitable for movie format. Constant time skips just to give an exposition on the taint would be considered bad pacing by critics.

"Show, don't tell!" is the golden rule of storytelling. Durotan being green right from the start would violate that rule, as then we have to tell the viewers "so, orcs weren't always green... here's the backstory on that". I think it would feel lame.
I think merging the taint and the dark portal into the same time-scope is a smart way to make the movie narrative more focused.
I can live with some minor inconsistencies within the franchise for the sake of a better movie narrative.

And I might be making too many assumptions here, but it looks very much to me like Orgrim is part of the Frostwolves here. If he was really Blackhand's right hand man, wouldn't he know about the green skin? I'd think Blackhand would be the first to know - at least he was in the novel. It just seems strange that Orgrim is so surprised at the green skin.
We don't know which part he belongs to in the movie, yet. It hasn't been mentioned. For the green skin, see above.

It matters to me because it goes against established canon. If they make this movie a part of the Warcraft canon, which I'm betting they will after spending so much money on it, it will make reading the books, playing the games etc seem like a waste of time. Because the events have been changed. It kinda belittles what the writers and authors managed to do in my opinion.

And it's so unnecessary. As you say yourself, this is all in the name of cool. Which is total BS. Dalaran could've been amazing without floating. They just decided to make it floating in order to not confuse WoW-players who are used to a floating Dalaran - even though that Dalaran is NOT the same Dalaran as the one we will see in the movie.
Let's not blow this out of proportion. It's a minor detail that nobody cares about except the die-hard Warcraft fanboys. We haven't had a single good realistic CGI movie for ages; let the effect guys have some fun...
Floating Dalaran really doesn't hurt the story.

Even though I don't like WoW lore, I can live with it because it happens later in the canon. But changing already established canon just makes me sad. Because it really is unecessary.
In a way, WoW already changed established pre-WoW canon, especially with the invention of the Draenai race which didn't exist pre-WoW (there were the broken ones in WC3 though, so at least they thought of it).
Also, Garona was retconned into being half-draenai instead of half-human, as the creators noticed it was impossible for Garona to be half-human in the current canon.

On the bright side, the footage looks amazing. Even in low quality. The character designs are awesome, voice acting is great. Gul'dan seems cool. Hopefully he'll get a big role. And also, GROM! Hellz yeah.
Hell yeah! About time to get the hypetrain moving, boys! Show Blizzard that they better not fuck this up!

We better brace ourselves for incoming feminists complaining about Durotan's protectiveness over Draka.
Half-naked Garona with wonderbra-supported boobies surely doesn't help either. ;)

Yeah, I don't get that sentiment either. We did not have a single full-CGI movie since Avatar; it's about time someone tries to tackle that "realistic CGI" problem again, after all the Pixar child movies giving animated movies a bad name.

Half-naked Garona with wonderbra-supported boobies surely doesn't help either. ;)

I've heard somewhere that Garona's actress Paula Patton said something about Garona being half-human instead of half-draenei as retconned. So are they bringing the classic Garona as half-human from Warcraft 1?

In the trailer we see Garona as a prisoner taken somewhere by the orcs.

Furthermore her movie appearance contradicts to the half-draenei description she had, she looks more like a human and orc compared to how Draka (based on the leaked trailer) and draenei look. She doesn't even have any of the draenei features we know such as horns, tail, hoof legs.

Maybe Dalaran will not be in the movie? Maybe they will cut it out, it was there to show people general style and look of the movie.

The Frostwolf Clan has rejected the blood of Mannoroth and they haven't been corrupted. Durotan and Draka are in the same clan, that's why they are still brown in the movie. I'm guessing that Thrall is going to be brown also.

But then why in all Warcraft games, every orc clan is corrupted? Everyone is green?

So are the RTS games a reliable source of lore?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I've heard somewhere that Garona's actress Paula Patton said something about Garona being half-human instead of half-draenei as retconned. So are they bringing the classic Garona as half-human from Warcraft 1?

In the trailer we see Garona as a prisoner taken somewhere by the orcs.

Furthermore her movie appearance contradicts to the half-draenei description she had, she looks more like a human and orc compared to how Draka (based on the leaked trailer) and draenei look. She doesn't even have any of the draenei features we know such as horns, tail, hoof legs.
We don't exactly know how the genes mix. I recall reading a wiki entry somewhere about the retcon into half-orc-half-draenei that children of this interracial breeding resemble humans stronger than draenei.
I mean, female draenei already look a like humans, just with horns, hooves and a tail. Could be that these features are recessive in the genes.
In fact, in most official concept art, she looks like half-human despite the already established retcon canon. The only real Draenei feature are the purple glowing eyes.

Maybe Dalaran will not be in the movie? Maybe they will cut it out, it was there to show people general style and look of the movie.
Possible. I mean, I don't know why Dalaran should even be in the movie. It doesn't really matter for the plot, as all the events play out around Karazhan, Stormwind and the Blasted Lands. Maybe they just edited an unused scene from a WoW cinematic into the movie footage to spice it up.

Possibly exclusive footage for a trailer that caters specifically to the WoW crowd...

But then why in all Warcraft games, every orc clan is corrupted? Everyone is green?
This has been explained in the way that the corruption radiates to the other orcs, even if they didn't drink Mannoroth's blood. Newborn children might be much more susceptible for it. It could be one of the movie's twists to show Thrall as a newborn with slightly green skin color (and he turns greener as he grows up). I think the taint will be the actual theme of the movie, not necessarily the conflict between orcs and humans; simply because it's more interesting than just focusing on a plain and simple war (I still have nightmares from that third hobbit movie).

@Tauer: Yeah, the person only recorded 4 mins. The actual footage at SDCC was a bit longer and showed some Stormwind scenes.

@A Void: Even though Garona was revealed to be half-draenei, the concept art for her never changed. Even in WoW, she was portrayed as a regular orc (although Blizz tends to get lazy when it comes to making custom models for significant lore characters). I'm guessing that leads to ambiguity about her origin. If she had hooves/a tail/anything visibly "draenei", then it wouldn't come into question. :)

Even though Garona was revealed to be half-draenei, the concept art for her never changed. Even in WoW, she was portrayed as a regular orc (although Blizz tends to get lazy when it comes to making custom models for significant lore characters). I'm guessing that leads to ambiguity about her origin. If she had hooves/a tail/anything visibly "draenei", then it wouldn't come into question. :)

One thing's sure: Blizzard loves to throw enigmatic ash bombs at us under the pretense of laziness.

Do we have an actual problem with that? ;)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
One thing's sure: Blizzard loves to throw enigmatic ash bombs at us under the pretense of laziness.
Let's be totally honest here: Garona was never a major lore character so I guess blizzard just didn't care about giving her a unique model. I'm actually surprised she's even in the movie. Possibly because the movie needed some women to please the SJW crowd.

Do we have an actual problem with that? ;)
Paula Patton has beautiful 'eyes'...
paulapatton.jpg

Can I place my votes for hypothetical actresses for Tyrande and Jaina...? :p
No matter what, I want Anna Kendrick. Because every movie needs more Anna Kendrick.
And Summer Glau. Every movie needs Summer Glau.

Let's be totally honest here: Garona was never a major lore character so I guess blizzard just didn't care about giving her a unique model. I'm actually surprised she's even in the movie. Possibly because the movie needed some women to please the SJW crowd.

Paula Patton has beautiful 'eyes'...
paulapatton.jpg

Can I place my votes for hypothetical actresses for Tyrande and Jaina...? :p
No matter what, I want Anna Kendrick. Because every movie needs more Anna Kendrick.
And Summer Glau. Every movie needs Summer Glau.

Her role in the movie will be to assassinate King Llane, working for shadow council as a spy. Then she meets Medivh, they get to be best-est friends, blah blah blah..

I noticed you don't know much about First War (War1) lore. :p

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Her role in the movie will be to assassinate King Llane, working for shadow council as a spy. Then she meets Medivh, they get to be best-est friends, blah blah blah..

I noticed you don't know much about First War (War1) lore. :p
Nothing that really requires her character that couldn't be replaced by some nameless dudes. Also, she didn't really assassinate King Llane out of free will; it was a spell Medivh put on her that drove her insane, so even the original story was more of an ass-pull than anything else.

But you're probably right. I didn't read any of the books so I can't really tell for sure. Which is a good thing; means that the movie might still surprise me with something I didn't know already.

Nothing that really requires her character that couldn't be replaced by some nameless dudes. Also, she didn't really assassinate King Llane out of free will; it was a spell Medivh put on her that drove her insane, so even the original story was more of an ass-pull than anything else.

Um.. no. Garona wasn't mind controlled, she was sent to assassinate him.

"She was inducted into the warlock-controlled Stormreaver clan; and quickly became the chief interpreter of the Shadow Council and Gul'dan's personal spy and assassin."

"She was an emissary of the Horde during the first invasion of Azeroth, and was the reluctant murderer of King Llane Wrynn."

"She was a member of one of the first raiding parties into Azeroth, and also one of the few to confront the Guardian Medivh (the Magus). While her party was wiped out, she was spared and sent back to relay a message to the warlock Gul'dan. After a period of time, she returned and met with the Magus on many occasions."

And she is a very important character otherwise she wouldn't be named in the games or in the movie.

"Due to Medivh's eventual bizarre behavior, Khadgar and Garona felt it necessary to investigate and uncover any connection between his actions and the sudden arrival of the orcs. Using a spell to call forth a vision of the past, Khadgar and Garona discovered that Medivh was, in fact, the man who had brought the orcs into Azeroth, thus uncovering his plans of murder and deceit. This shook Garona to the core, and while she initially thought it was a misfire of the spell, she eventually accepted the truth. After a short battle with Medivh, where Khadgar used his powers to summon a vision of Aegwynn that distracted the Magus, the two escaped and made their way to the (former) Kingdom of Azeroth."

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Um.. no. Garona wasn't mind controlled, she was sent to assassinate him.

"She was inducted into the warlock-controlled Stormreaver clan; and quickly became the chief interpreter of the Shadow Council and Gul'dan's personal spy and assassin."

"She was an emissary of the Horde during the first invasion of Azeroth, and was the reluctant murderer of King Llane Wrynn."

"She was a member of one of the first raiding parties into Azeroth, and also one of the few to confront the Guardian Medivh (the Magus). While her party was wiped out, she was spared and sent back to relay a message to the warlock Gul'dan. After a period of time, she returned and met with the Magus on many occasions."

And she is a very important character otherwise she wouldn't be named in the games or in the movie.

"Due to Medivh's eventual bizarre behavior, Khadgar and Garona felt it necessary to investigate and uncover any connection between his actions and the sudden arrival of the orcs. Using a spell to call forth a vision of the past, Khadgar and Garona discovered that Medivh was, in fact, the man who had brought the orcs into Azeroth, thus uncovering his plans of murder and deceit. This shook Garona to the core, and while she initially thought it was a misfire of the spell, she eventually accepted the truth. After a short battle with Medivh, where Khadgar used his powers to summon a vision of Aegwynn that distracted the Magus, the two escaped and made their way to the (former) Kingdom of Azeroth."
In none of the lines you quoted, the assassination was explained. I only know the wiki articles; one of them mentioned Medivh put a spell on her when she attacked him that caused her to go insane and murder king Llane.

In none of the lines you quoted, the assassination was explained. I only know the wiki articles; one of them mentioned Medivh put a spell on her when she attacked him that caused her to go insane and murder king Llane.

Do you mean this?

"Gul'dan had her magically aged and tortured, and eventually used a powerful magical spell to control her mind to ensure obedience."

"After her "release" by orc forces during a raid on Northshire Abbey, she was ordered (presumably by the Shadow Council) to kill King Llane. Her vision had become a reality, but she was unable to disobey the order, as she was still under the influence of Guldan's magic." It was Gul'Dan, not Medivh.

Either way, you could read about her in the Wiki. There is no mention about Medivh putting a spell that caused her to kill Llane. This article you've likely read were nothing more than speculation.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Do you mean this?

"Gul'dan had her magically aged and tortured, and eventually used a powerful magical spell to control her mind to ensure obedience."

"After her "release" by orc forces during a raid on Northshire Abbey, she was ordered (presumably by the Shadow Council) to kill King Llane. Her vision had become a reality, but she was unable to disobey the order, as she was still under the influence of Guldan's magic." It was Gul'Dan, not Medivh.

Either way, you could read about her in the Wiki. There is no mention about Medivh putting a spell that caused her to kill Llane. This article you've likely read were nothing more than speculation.
My bad then; it was Gul'dan, not Medivh. But hey, my memory was only partially wrong then. ;)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Short leak here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3dxern/new_leaks_warcraft_movie/

In the comic con panel, right before Travis Fimmel is introduced, it shows some brief scenes of him fighting an orc and moving through some forest. Only like 4 seconds of footage, but it looked cool.
The whole interview was incredibly funny, especially how the actors always made fun of all the greenscreen action. XD

And the comment about how the human actors had it harder because they had to lift the heavy requisites was funny as hell. "I've never seen such a big sword..." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.