1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WarCraft: The Movie

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by The_wand_mirror, Jan 18, 2007.

1. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If they take violence over epic fantasy, kiss your lore goodbye.

2. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Put it this way (quoted from IGN): "...it's warcraft, it's not pillow-fight craft." So somewhere from 14+ or up.

"...focus more on growing tensions between the races of the World of Warcraft universe and eventually culminate with some kind of battle."

So there probebly still will be lore.

3. SantaBla

SantaBla

Resources:
    Resources:
    The movie would have been good if they did the Lord of the Clans book.

4. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here we have Arthas! Triple H would fit that role just perfectly!

[​IMG]

5. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea. But unfourtanetaly, it will not have Arthas. Its the Alliance prespective, too. Maybe in a later movie... :D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  6. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I read something somewhere.. It said it was through the eyes of a human but his heart laid in the horde.

7. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    where??? TELL US! I looked all over IGN, but I found no trace... and the sites like "dig" or something like that have rumor's made into Articles in them. Some are true, but many are false. And a "mole" could either be doing it on his own acoord, or the company told him to tell that. And it could be the complete opposite.

8. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You've never heard of Digg? Kevin Rose is a millionaire now thanks to that site of his.

9. Perry_

Perry_

Resources:
    Resources:
    Brad you don't obviously understand film alot then. Aside from director delays and what not a script takes more than 10 months to be anything decent. Keep in mind that the great film: Donnie Darko took five years to write and lord of the rings took two, however that was a matter of what to remove from the story whilst keeping it intact, though some fans may argue that point. The Legend of Zelda movie has been in production for five years now. I wouldn't be surprised if this took a few years longer.

However you do make a point about video game movies not being very good by average. However I think they are being taken more seriously now and much more effort are being put into them.

On another note the Halo movie has been canceled for the time being. I wouldn't put all hopes down for people who were looking forward to it as Peter Jackson has always picked up films and put them down and then picked them up again. For the time being however there will be no Halo film.

10. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have heard of a Warcraft movie.

What will be the story?

11. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wrong again. Peter Jackson and Wingnut (Or Weta can't remember) are working on a yet-to-be-named Halo project that was announced last year. Since this is consuming the time of both the director and the special effects teams for the movie, the Halo movie has been put on temporary hold for now. He's aiming for a 2010 release I believe, but he assured that the movie hasn't been scrapped, and with a name as big as Halo, you'd be insane to shelf movie plans. Right now, it's the biggest videogame franchise in the world. They'll sell hundreds of millions at the box office no matter how bad it is, so the movie is definetly still on, and as long as Peter Jackson is on board, I have faith that it will be good.

12. Kanaru

Kanaru

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since a lot of you seem clueless about it (assuming from the first 5 posts), I'll provide known information.

Setting: About 3 years after Frozen Throne, a year before WoW, in many areas of Azeroth.
    Expected Length: 2 hours 30 mins
    Plot: Various battles between the Horde and Alliance, not much detail. Takes the Alliance's perspective, revolving around a new "badass" character.
    Planned rating: PG-13
    Release Date: Some time 2009.
    Other: Don't expect Arthas, but expect to see most of the races and classes in WoW. The movie is only at scripting, no actors, directors, etc. assigned.

13. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:

I'll drag the link but this is 1 year before WoW started. Thus 3 years after warcraft 3. So really its not a WoW movie. But this movie is meant for both. To please both. I'll post a link to the official source for this.

no hellscream :(

EDIT: Eh guy above me beat me -_-'

Here is my wonderful link to it!
    http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...ction-100-million-blockbuster-due-in-2009.htm

14. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please don't go anymore about the Halo movie after this post:

ha ha ha, found this on Gamespot (search: halo movie)

News: Bad box office sales blamed on Halo 3
    Posted: Oct 16, 2007
    It's been the worst October for North American movie ticket sales in years, and industry executives are pointing the finger at Master Chief.

read Brads post and look on IGN/gamespot. No more damn Halo movie stuff.

Anyways, I'm not quite sure if you mean Azeroth as a continet, or Azeroth as the would, but yea it shall take place in many places of Azeroth(world).

Characters: Bolvar Fordragon, Thrall, and Cairne Bloodhoof will probebly be in it. So probobly (arg spelling) got some Kalamdor stuff.

15. TheFairfield

TheFairfield

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's right people, Blizzard is making a WarCraft movie. And you wanna know who the director is? Sam Raimi. The director of Spiderman 1, 2 and 3...

EPIC!

From what I've heard, the movie is set before WoW, and after WC3, and is from an Alliance perspective. So instead of just following the events of the first game, we get our own new story. And apparently it will be quite bloody and have lots of action. Yay!

Post your opinions below.

16. GregerTheGreat

GregerTheGreat

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is just...awesome. WoW has completely fucked up the warcraft lore, but they fixed it, Blizzard should be awarded the nobel prize!

17. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This has been known since... 2008; I even have a group on Facebook about it.

18. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is way back from 2006. They only added the director and insignificant tease info in the past four years. Old info is old.

19. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And it's about WC1\2, not WC3.

20. takakenji

takakenji

Resources: