• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft keeps crashing on me after briefly starting the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone, I am new here. I am having issues where I will be starting a game and as soon as I start moving my workers, the game crashes on me... Does anyone have any insight to this? I would greatly appreciate it.

j0ecool4

Level 2
So when I get into a game, I start to build and my screen just goes black and isn't responsive. I have to do a hard shutdown to get function back to my computer...

Does anyone have any remedies to this?

Please and thank you!

j0ecool4

Level 29
I highly NOT suggest spamming the threads as it was against the forum rule.
Usually, this issue occurs because your computer specification is not suitable for playing Reforged, especially with the latest patches (1.33).
In addition, the insufficient amounnt of video RAM and weaker CPUs might be another reason. Even Reforged's WE literally consumes a lot of resources when you opened the map, especially with the HD mode on.

Level 2
I apologize about that. My intentions were not about spamming but simply being noticed. I run an Aurora R8 Alienware so my computer really isn't that old. Do you happen to have any suggestions by chance?

Level 29
I apologize about that. My intentions were not about spamming but simply being noticed. I run an Aurora R8 Alienware so my computer really isn't that old. Do you happen to have any suggestions by chance?
As Vendro (Retera) explains, latest patch (1.33) seems to ruin everything. You can't load your saves and even playing the custom campaigns. If you open the map in World Editor, random crash will occur.
Assuming your map is made on 1.32, there is a high chance you won't be able to play it normally on 1.33 due to the presence of triggers that can leak.
I really suggest backup an existing older versions of Reforged, which is 1.32. Wait until Blizzard released a small update that fixes numerous problems.

Level 2
I actually dont use the world editor. This is literally just trying to play 4v4. but if I use the previous 1.32, I should have less issues?

Thanks again for the responses guys, I really appreciate it.

Level 7
As Vendro (Retera) explains, latest patch (1.33) seems to ruin everything. You can't load your saves and even playing the custom campaigns. If you open the map in World Editor, random crash will occur.
Assuming your map is made on 1.32, there is a high chance you won't be able to play it normally on 1.33 due to the presence of triggers that can leak.
I really suggest backup an existing older versions of Reforged, which is 1.32. Wait until Blizzard released a small update that fixes numerous problems.
How long do you think the newest update could take? Jc because I lost 2 weeks of updates and it wont let me open my custom map. Im scared to work on new patches bc it could corrpt them. ty in advance

The August 17th, 2022 patch to this game has greatly increased the number of crash reports. I read somewhere that the new file caching system might use substantially more RAM and cause a crash on computers with less RAM.

Out of curiosity, how much RAM is available on the physical computer where you have this problem?
Also, are you playing in the Reforged Graphics mode? If so, that graphics mode might also greatly increase the RAM requirement, although that is only speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.