• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Dude, it isnt 0. Just because we dont make ingame screens, it doesnt mean that we have no progress Oo
For example the Edge of Eternity hasnt made any ingame screens at all. Will you now say that their project hasnt made any progress? -.-

Thats a pretty darn good idea Debode.

Level 9
That is the earliest (June of the coming year) you can expect to see any real releases from this project. An all-encompassing and ambitious campaign project should not be rushed unless you wish to see disastrous results.

To all posters, please keep the complaint posts to a minimum please. Al is working on this project, I promise. If you want it to be released faster, why you don't you join up and help out a little?

Level 2
Well I offered to help, but got nothin. Guess I was considered to spazzy. -_-

Still followin it though. Looks like a cool project.

Level 1
Do you have a date for release yet? Im really looking forward to it! No joke it looks proper amazing! I would offer my services but iv never really worked witrh outland terrain before im much better at like ashenvale, suken ruins etc...

Level 9
No time soon to all your questions, I'm afraid. A release date is out of the question right now, and it'd be long before an open beta would be available. Support the official project and maybe we'll get somewhere sooner.

Level 9
We've made it very clear that the project has become stagnant due to major staff inactivity. Any contributions would be appreciated.

Level 19
The massive demand for resources is going to be this project's downfall. You can't have your bar set so high that there is no possibility that you will ever reach your goal.

Heart of Storms, for example, will never be completed.

Project Revolution was never completed.

These sort of projects don't work unless there is a clear endpoint in sight. If there's a conversion with a campaign attached to it, there is almost a 0% chance of it ever being completed.

In my opinion, you should make the races, get them out of the way, release the multiplayer version, and call it a day.

The small fraction of people who actually play through the campaign will not make up for the insane amount of time that it took to piece together pieces of dialogue, cinematic cutscenes, insane triggering and massive environments to explore and complete objectives in.

The Arrakoa don't have a real look. I can't imagine what their buildings would look like, and beaked workers seems like a ridiculous idea to me--not insulting the models themselves, but they seem more like creeps than an actual race.

Having ogres without a massive amount of health seems unrealistic to me for some reason, and having a pure ogre race seems just bizarre to me. They will dwarf all of their opponents... I can't imagine having an army of naked dual-headed soldiers doing my bidding. It'd be insane.

The Orcs' buildings I love. The Maghar orcs are cool. No complaint there. Would like to see what their units look like, but other than that they seem completely doable (not sexually) and fun-to-play.

Dranei archer needs work, of course. Their buildings should be fun (with crystals and all). I noticed you went with the WoW theme with them. Interesting, I suppose.

I hope you luck with this project, although I doubt it will be completed and I doubt any foreseeable demo will ever be released to the public.

Level 9
Making a player use what he has in reach is one thing that really brings the Arrakoa and Ogres into the spotlight. I can see where you're coming from, but one point of realism in this is that you can't always have workers that look the same for each race.

Having Ogre warriors at your command is part of the fun, Gausslander. Not everyone wants to use the same-size troops all the time. Again, this adds a touch of realism as the basic troops aren't always the spindly little fellas and the big guys are 3rd-Tier brutes.

Level 16
The massive demand for resources is going to be this project's downfall. You can't have your bar set so high that there is no possibility that you will ever reach your goal.

Heart of Storms, for example, will never be completed.

Project Revolution was never completed.

These sort of projects don't work unless there is a clear endpoint in sight. If there's a conversion with a campaign attached to it, there is almost a 0% chance of it ever being completed.

In my opinion, you should make the races, get them out of the way, release the multiplayer version, and call it a day.

The small fraction of people who actually play through the campaign will not make up for the insane amount of time that it took to piece together pieces of dialogue, cinematic cutscenes, insane triggering and massive environments to explore and complete objectives in.

The Arrakoa don't have a real look. I can't imagine what their buildings would look like, and beaked workers seems like a ridiculous idea to me--not insulting the models themselves, but they seem more like creeps than an actual race.

Having ogres without a massive amount of health seems unrealistic to me for some reason, and having a pure ogre race seems just bizarre to me. They will dwarf all of their opponents... I can't imagine having an army of naked dual-headed soldiers doing my bidding. It'd be insane.

The Orcs' buildings I love. The Maghar orcs are cool. No complaint there. Would like to see what their units look like, but other than that they seem completely doable (not sexually) and fun-to-play.

Dranei archer needs work, of course. Their buildings should be fun (with crystals and all). I noticed you went with the WoW theme with them. Interesting, I suppose.

I hope you luck with this project, although I doubt it will be completed and I doubt any foreseeable demo will ever be released to the public.

If you don't know it Rommel restarted working on HOS. Last time he said he has about 60-70% done. So HOS will be finished.

Level 19
If you don't know it Rommel restarted working on HOS. Last time he said he has about 60-70% done. So HOS will be finished.

Accurate as you think his rough estimate is, the problem still remains.

Even though he has made progress, further progress will require a team effort.

Projects like this typically get that far and then stop. I know, I've worked on quite a few, like Apocalypse.

They get far, and then when they think the hardest is over, they start implementing new features, reworking old ones, and things that should be done by a 30-man studio are attempted by 4-5 disconnected modders. It never gets done, and no one's every really fully satisfied with their work.

But, if they do manage to prove me wrong, and finish this project with all aspects completed, I will congratulate them and play the hell out of this.

Level 8
I've been watching this project for some time. It's a shame that so many team members have been inactive. If you guys need any help, I'm skilled with triggers and would be glad to assist.

Level 23
With great sorrow, I have to inform you that I am officially closing Fall of Draenor project.

The reasons why I am doing it are quite numerous, main being lack of drive, poor leadership skills and lack of faith in the project. Now that age of Warcraft is at its dawn, there is little point to make such an ambitious project. I however wish luck to all the modifications out there, such as Edge of Eternity and Tides of Darkness.
The people who supported us through our way, I want to thank you. Sorry, that the project will never be finished.
And to the members of our team, thank you for helping me try to realise a dream and for trying to improve our favorite game. I hope that no one of you will blame himself for the end of the project, as it is I who has failed you. This has been a long year and I hope that from this project we will take only the good. The resources that you have made for the project may be released into public. If you dont wish to release something, I plan to pass the resources on to another project so that they wouldnt go to waste.

Thank you all for your help and support to Fall of Draenor, and let us remember it as a dream and not as a stopped project. Good luck to you all and goodbye to all of you from Fall of Draenor.

Alagremm.

Level 21
Kinda of a bummer that the project is closed, but still it was good while it lasted.
Many of good ideas and what not for years to come.

No thank you, Alagremm for the project to bringing back a world I really like, that is Draenor/Outland, but I still like Azeroth.
Oh and by the way, are you letting people use your model/skins now that the project is closed?

Level 7
its a sad news. Can you pls tell exactly wich point make fall the project? I think there are numerous people who can help and they would help. I think i would.

Level 48
That was completely unexpected! It struck me OUT OF NOWHERE!

Okay, okay. The project was kinda doomed from the start. You haven't shown any real progress and I bet you didn't have any, asides from art and some ideas, and maybe a few maps. You didn't have ANY coders, as far as I am aware, and those are THE most important members of ANY project, especially such an ambitious one like FoD. I'm sorry, but it was pretty damn obvious this project wasn't going anywhere since it started.

Level 19
With great sorrow, I have to inform you that I am officially closing Fall of Draenor project.

The reasons why I am doing it are quite numerous, main being lack of drive, poor leadership skills and lack of faith in the project. Now that age of Warcraft is at its dawn, there is little point to make such an ambitious project. I however wish luck to all the modifications out there, such as Edge of Eternity and Tides of Darkness.
The people who supported us through our way, I want to thank you. Sorry, that the project will never be finished.
And to the members of our team, thank you for helping me try to realise a dream and for trying to improve our favorite game. I hope that no one of you will blame himself for the end of the project, as it is I who has failed you. This has been a long year and I hope that from this project we will take only the good. The resources that you have made for the project may be released into public. If you dont wish to release something, I plan to pass the resources on to another project so that they wouldnt go to waste.

Thank you all for your help and support to Fall of Draenor, and let us remember it as a dream and not as a stopped project. Good luck to you all and goodbye to all of you from Fall of Draenor.

Alagremm.

Called it.

Now you should release your resources, help the community thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.