• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
hey guys im back

going to start working on the ogre models again

a screenshot directly from magos of the ogre arena

ogrearena.png

ps: if you have any ideas for the ogre mound just tell me, i was thinking of using a gold mine but that wouldn;t be creative at all

Level 2
Hey guys. Just found this site, and all I gotta say is.. AMAZING. you need any help balancing tech trees and designing unit statistics I can help with that. Im really good with the object manager and have been designing custom races for years. :) Would love to help out. If you need any help with anything post here! Im following this from now on, this is an awesome project.

Cheers for Warcraft Lore! Very nice setting.
Also for ogre casts there are plenty of non magic abilities you can use.

Battle Roar (Some sort of buff or debuff or both!)
Overpower (an attack that represents the brutish strength, maybe chance to deal aoe or stun similar to Cleaving or Pulverize)
Demolish (Ogre uses size to advantage to cause extra damage to buildings)
Battlerage (Deals more damage with each attack, but afterwards slowed. Could be a mode or single attack.)

IDK Id love to get into refining the tech trees with this.

Level 2
Hey guys. Just found this site, and all I gotta say is.. AMAZING. you need any help balancing tech trees and designing unit statistics I can help with that. Im really good with the object manager and have been designing custom races for years. :) Would love to help out. If you need any help with anything post here! Im following this from now on, this is an awesome project.

Cheers for Warcraft Lore! Very nice setting.
Also for ogre casts there are plenty of non magic abilities you can use.

Battle Roar (Some sort of buff or debuff or both!)
Overpower (an attack that represents the brutish strength, maybe chance to deal aoe or stun similar to Cleaving or Pulverize)
Demolish (Ogre uses size to advantage to cause extra damage to buildings)
Battlerage (Deals more damage with each attack, but afterwards slowed. Could be a mode or single attack.)

IDK Id love to get into refining the tech trees with this.

Level 21
Any secrets or rewards in the campaign after beating some certain levels?
Just asking, because I'm so excited for this project.

Level 23
Well we have one bonus cinematic planned for finding a secret place in one level of the Horde campaign, however it is important for the "secret storyline" so I wont reveal anything about it.

However I also plan a bonus cinematic for the ogres as well, perhaps also one for orc campaign linked to the Horde campaign one. Not so much with Draenei though... I doubt they will have a bonus cinematic.

Also notice, the cinematics Im talking about are bonus maps in the campaign that only have cinematics in them, not cinematics inside the missions.

Level 3
:/ theres like nobody posting. and closest Jun 2010! really? i just found out about this from clicking on a link from Alagremm. Still, i think this is amazing

I meant posts like this, not models

Last edited:
Level 9
You can't rush something like this unless you want it to be flop, Monkeyladboy. As long as we remain calm and don't complain, I'm sure we'll see some progress sooner or later.

PWH

PWH

Level 4
Hmm... I wish I've seen this before, it seems like a geniue idea :p

But a few things are bothering me...
"Lead Dentarg, Cho'gall, Blackheart, Mogor and their forces to power!", each and everyone of those was under the horde - And not only that, they were Ogre magi, so they weren't very old, if born, at that time...

And will this follow the Rise of the Horde book? Just wondering

Level 23
PWH, they lived long before the Horde was even created Oo
And dont you think that they havent always been in the Horde?
Anyway, ogre magi existed for a very long time.

And yes, some parts, such as Orc, Draenei and Horde campaign will use Rise of the Horde story.

PWH

PWH

Level 4
"Before the rise of the horde two headed ogres were extremely rare. They were larger and more intelligent than other ogres and could even wield magic. At the the time of the First War Cho'gall was the first known ogre magi for generations, although others later surfaced"
See, Cho'Gall was the first known Ogre Magi for generations, so for around 100 pre-dark portal, which is where Kil'Jaeden begun influencing the orcs, there wouldn't be very many Ogre Magi around at the time, especially since the ABSOLUTE maximum age for Ogre Magi are 180, and they are venerable at a age of 120, and counted as old when they're 65...
And I can imagine an Ogre generation being 20 years, and "for generations" would be around 100 years, probably more...

But let's take the mentioned Ogre Magi;
Cho'Gall - Well, as mentioned he was the first known Ogre Magi, so he's the Magi Senior, and leader of the Twilights Hammer Clan, which became more of a doomsday cult under his leadership. Oh, and he was also the right hand of Gul'Dan... Every mothers dream, aren't he?

Blackheart: Well... Nobody know very much about this guy, but he was a member of the Shadow Council, and helped Ner'Zhul and Teron... So he seems pretty Horde-oriented, so I don't think was ever in the National Ogre Party.

Dentarg - Another one who helped Ner'Zhul, but this guy was just very devoted to him, so he seems to be a steady supporter of the Horde Party too.

Mogor - Leads the Laughing Skull clan, which implies that he isn't that old, since clan leaders seems to get challenged when they get too old, so... He probably wouldn't have been born a hundred years pre-portal

Soo... I don't really think you can use the Ogre Magi :p

PWH

PWH

Level 4
Two-headed ogres were very rare before the second war, where Gul'Dan empowered some Ogres with the energies from the Runestone of Caer Darrow.
However, Ogre Magi was even rarer, and Cho'Gall was one of those extremely rare Ogre Magi.

Level 23
As PWH said, they were extremely rare, but not nonexisting. Gul'dan created the blue colored ogre magi, thats their distinguive feature. And he made them just to have many.

And dont blame me for screwing lore, its Blizzard whose unofficial motto is "Screwing Warcraft lore up since 2005". You should know better that by now they retconned half of Warcraft history which was set before WoW.
So Dentarg, Blackheart and Mogor are ogre magis too, thats official lore as well(though Blackheart's role is actually extremely small and he appeared only in BC). In my opinion the true description would be that Cho'gall is one of the most powerful ogre magis born in the last few centuries. However Dentarg's powers are not much weaker.

Level 23
Sadly not much progress lately, because most of my staff is on what I call hibernation mode. In other words they are making the needed models and terrains, but away from Hive for some time and they give me the models and terrains when they come back.

Level 15
Greetings, FoD members.

So I've been playing around with alot of different doodads trying to come out with some good constructions, but there aren't really any good rock models that blend well when placed together. They have too much variation through out the texture. Also most of the rocks that have good barren textures, have strange shapes, making construction even more difficult. This is what I am attempting for the hills. You can see how the transition between rock doodads doesn't flow well.
Mountains.jpg

Since you were planning on making your own doodads for this mod, would now be a good time for me to make a list of doodads that I will need to make these terrains epic? Do we have a modeller free that can make a blade's edge doodad pack for me. If so, I will make a list and draw up some pics.

Anyways, here is the base map (no doodads, tile variation, and what not, just the shape/outline) of the first map. Wire frame for the heck of it. Based off Alagremm's picture (second pic, obviously).
Base Terrain.jpgFoD.jpg

On another note, out of boredom I decided to make you a more fancy looking techtree layout. Uses the bones from the horde crest. Looks a little more undead then ogre but whatever. Find me something better and more suitable for ogres and I can remake it for you. Also, once the buildings (or icons of buildings) start pouring in, I can add the pics in the little bone boxes.
user160705_pic34618_1283110404.pngOgre TechTree.jpg

So the main question of the day: is there a modeller that I can work with to produce a FoD doodad pack? Some one that isn't currently working on units/buildings?

Level 16
Nice job Chaos.

Yeah as by me i would rework some things...
First Mogor was Ner'Zhuld bodyguard, then after Gul'Dan left him he becam his appertience( it has no place in time so i can be wrong) also Dentarg wasn't as powerfull as Cho'Gall becouse he was killed by Khadgar and SOL... Just a question why do all people working on the mod do not see any progress from you alagremm? Most work was made by others, it's a bit unfair to get things from us , giving us nothing...Isn't it?

Level 23
Chaos, awesome job! =D
And I'll PM you about the models and stuff.
Plus I really like the techtree, its awesome

Well first of all Dentarg was Ner'zhuls bodyguard. And he wasnt as powerful of course, but Khadgar is a powerful mage and he found an equel in Dentarg. And of course we cant have ogre mages as units, they are too rare for that! Thats why they are heroes.

And what exactly do you want me to do?

Level 9
It's correct if you read it out loud, Linaze.. just a comma or two, maybe a little tweak. Plus that wasn't all that necessary.

Al, have you only done out the Ogre tech-tree?

Level 23
Okay dude, find me 3 modellers, 2 more terrainers, 2 skinners, an artist and a professional programmist! -.-

Its very hard to do you know, if you arent some very experienced popular Hive guy or your project's actually is using money to be powered.

Level 48
Eh, I've been working for SoC for over a year now I think, and I just finished a co-model with Mr.Goblin. I still have one model to finish animating and one model to unwrap and animate on my current to-do list, and then a lot more models to make.

Do consider using an instant messenger or voice chat for better team arrangements. Instead of conversing through this thread or something like that, use Skype or MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.