• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well I was trying to follow Orly_Yarlys guidelines, well I guess it's time for a whole new upgrade concept!

Wild Reinforcement: Gives the Bone Crusher a cleave attack by upgrading his weapon with Boar tusks, also allows the construction of the Livestock Pit(New beast cave) which allows the training of War Boars and Edge Ram

Bigger Better Boulders: Requires Crush and Lash of the Gronn(just to add a challenge and so they don't get this early game, could be changed/removed) with the Maulers and the workers getting stronger the Stone Throwers decide it's time they make an improvement as well, training to become even stronger to hurl larger rocks upgrading them to siege units and giving them more damage (?) but decreasing their range

ORCS!

By the Ancestors(Not available after Bloodpact): Changes Orcs to permanent Mag'hari, replacing Necrolytes with Runemasters and Warlocks with Seers

Mannoroth's Offer: Changes the orcs to Bloodpact, replacing Pyremaster with Felsworn and Shaman with Death Knight

Consumed in Fire: Pyre Masters/Felsworn gain an increase to damage and a slight attack speed upgrade

((Heroes remain the same btw :p))

Level 5
Not sure if its down to be edited, or if it is an accident but at the website the "Lore of Draenor" link doesn't work, its there but you cant click on it? am i just an idiot and didnt read something or is it an accident??

Level 23
No, its just a misunderstanding ^^
Page Lore of Draenor doesnt exist, you just put your cursor on it and it shows you a menu from where you can check out races, history and geography

Warchief_Grom, there are no updates in any of Warcraft's that allow you to build a structure, so we dont need that.

Also, I think you werent there when this was annaounced but the Bloodpact ability is no longer in existance, you just have two ways of advancing, one where you remain shamanistic and one where you go over to the dark side. However it actually only affects upgrades and caster units.

Mannoroth's Offer is also lore incorrect, since Death Knights were created from Necrolyte's souls and human bodies. Felsworn will be a campiagn unit.

Level 4
I had an idea about flying mounts but then i heard about that there will be none , but still I'm going to say : Arakkoa should get the hawks from Nagrand, Draenei should get Sporebats, Orcs Chimeras of Shadowmoon Valey or from Blades Edge, Ogres should have some Mages that can fly with it spells... but since there will be no flying units, then this idea is wasted...

Level 23
Only creeps. I would simply love to involve naval battles, but there werent any before the Invasion of Draenor.

As for transportation... I was thinking that there will be primitive boats available in some missions and even in melee maps. Most likely some simple arakkoa shipyards where they build boats, because they are the only race that I know which uses ships in Draenor. Orcs have boats too, but mostly for fishing, though some must have been used for war. Ogres and draenei however never built boats.

Level 5
well, we could give boats for arakkoa if they research it as on of their upgrades (they have tons of upgrades) and for orcs too, but orcs ships would work like move-able water farms :grin:

Level 31
So two races will have naval units and two wont? -.-

Sorry, but thats just dumb. Plus whats the point in making gold fish? That will ruin Warcraft spirit, because this aint no custom map or Civilization rip-off.

The Naval units could be campaign only units, like most of the naval ones in the TFT campaign. Draenai and Arakkoa boats could be cool looking and fun to make. And maybe give the Orcs a cannoe for shiggles.

Level 9
Good to have you back!
Yeah, I think Cavman's idea is pretty good. Plus, it might even open up opportunities to have a neutral shipyard in melee mode.

Level 23
Hurray! Dab is back! :D

Cavman, thats what Im talking about. They should be as arakkoa flying units campaign-only.

I would love to make draenei boats, but they just have never used boats, so we dont know how may their ships look. Plus we dont need them in campagn.

But some sort of a big boat for transport in melees is needed

dab

dab

Level 10
Hurray! Dab is back! :D

Cavman, thats what Im talking about. They should be as arakkoa flying units campaign-only.

I would love to make draenei boats, but they just have never used boats, so we dont know how may their ships look. Plus we dont need them in campagn.

But some sort of a big boat for transport in melees is needed

Now, I'm not much for the idea about having boats in the first place, but you could do a draenei crystal ship, that being a floating ship, which would only work over water(?), as the draeneis obviousely have the technology and the biological knowledge to create such ships :D

Level 16
Yeah its kinda weird.
I was playing today basketball with ma frien and we thought what would be if...
Blizzard would give as a playable race ogres. What do ya think what would be their mount?
I'm going to use the ideas to make an ogre rider.

Level 31
Me too I hate kael and fel bloods they're just a way for blizzard to expand the demon race.Tempest keep is just a copy of the exodar and the exodar is a copy of s..th

because tempest keep IS part of the exodar, it is just like the exodar and the draenei had it then the blood elves took it over but the draenei had already left on the exodar, i forgot the exact story.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yeah, I agree with Linaze, Chefthoofs are the best for them.
Though some sort of a giant boar would fit even better.

A mutated boar :) A big reddish one. And know that boars are really fast.
Let's say that they were created using some sort of plants or some strange creep meat. The ogres someday found that their boars grow like "titans" :). And so they accidentally (knowing they're not very bright) made a new breed.

Level 5
Well, now you are asking me for the finalized techtrees. I think that 15 private messeges of the discussion is enough? We finalized those techtrees remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.