• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i think you guys are getting little offtopic.
Cruncher: You need to make it in 2 weeks? Is there a mafia after you or what? And it's not hard, it needs time and will to learn and work.

And yes, im back :grin: my vacation was great.

Level 49
Off-topic, but did you ever play Warcraft 3? Of course they can speak, although they speak Low Common.

Either way. Alagremm... Everyone here is waiting on you to show us screenshots\videos of your progress so far, I'm certain of this. Like a typical battle or a starting base of some race or so. Not to mention custom resource gathering if there is any system for that, and perhaps some coded spells?

Level 21
Will this campaign be all about commanding units or some side quests for fun?

Like a quest that involves getting lazy peons getting back too work, ensnaring wild beats and taming them for the race that captured them, and such like that.

Also would be cool if there was some mimi-games and such in the campaign.

Level 27

Like a quest that involves getting lazy peons getting back too work, ensnaring wild beats and taming them for the race that captured them, and such like that.

Dude, this is RTS, not MMORPG or RPG. It ussually has completely different mission and optional quest structure. Less messing around with your hero, more strategy.
But still I'd like if Al would make some different quests, not only the standart ones for camapings. I could maybe even share some optional quest ideas with him...

Level 16
To the end? The project's end is far, far away somewhere in the period of 2012 to 2016.
Eh. Not that far. 2012 is possible. But 2016 is unlikely.

I can't
Its too hard
If it's so hard stop complaining that you don't get your models. Instead try to LEARN, and in a few years you will learn to make good models.
What Debode said.

Either way. Alagremm... Everyone here is waiting on you to show us screenshots\videos of your progress so far, I'm certain of this. Like a typical battle or a starting base of some race or so. Not to mention custom resource gathering if there is any system for that, and perhaps some coded spells?
Maybe not coded spells (that's still kinda far I think :/). But yes. We need in-game screenshots to sate our thirst for something good.

Getting lazy peons back to work sounds fun. But what JM said. This is no WoW.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Custom spells can be easily done using triggers. Now it depends on what kind of spells do you want, I mean if you want a bolt of lightning to come from the sky hit the targeted unit then split into how many other enemy units are near the targeted unit and then from them so on until the lightning can't find any other untouched enemy units nearby... you'll have to be working with jass if I'm correct ? Doing such a spell is not impossible using the triggers, but I can't get my non-selectable units to go faster than 512 movement speed :confused: .
The good thing is that triggered spells won't low your game speed rate.

Level 7
lol, in a total conversation mod you don't make spells with triggers -.- you have to put the spells' code to the mpq files if i know good.

Level 16
lol, in a total conversation mod you don't make spells with triggers -.- you have to put the spells' code to the mpq files if i know good.

Mostly yes but not always.Some spells are just too complicated to be implemed into an mpq.
@Dead-man-walking.
I think it will take some time and 2 up to 4 years are not too long. Look at HOS Rommel started it 7 years ago.

Level 9
Yeah, we get it.. HoS is great, but this is not the correct thread to spurt that line out, Debode.

On-Topic: SO, Al, when can we expect to see some pictures? (Even if you're away, you'll eventually get this.)

Level 16
And what do we care?Btw there are nbot 145 replies there are 2163 replies there are 145 pages of replies but not 145 replies.OMG my brain hurts...

Level 1
i got 2 questions for u first why not put blood elfs also they are also part of outland second i maybe got a extreme modeler but he uses only wow models so if u are intrested u can tell me il try to contact him since i havent seen him a long time on garena

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
i got 2 questions for u first why not put blood elfs also they are also part of outland second i maybe got a extreme modeler but he uses only wow models so if u are intrested u can tell me il try to contact him since i havent seen him a long time on garena

It's tiring to say this but the Blood Elves appeared after the destruction of Silvermoon City :thumbs_down: Don't ask these kind of questions if you don't even read what this thread is about please. Also we do not use WoW models: first because they're not custom made (original as of ours), second: a lot of people complain about the polygon size problems in relation with the ambiance and other units.

Level 49

This project's stroyline occurs BEFORE World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 1. There are NO blood elves. Only ogres, arrakoa, orcs and draenei.

Level 16
And wild animals ofcourse.
To the wow models. I am supporting ther idea to use wow rips but only in one place...The loading screens( there where you chose the map)

Level 16
Look on the other bigger mods like hos they're also using wow loading screens :
Loadscreen.jpg

Level 9
Exactly, it sounds like a terrific idea. And like I said the menu screens are done in the same style as WoW. (I think WoW may have been based off them, actually)

Level 9
Yeah, not saying they use WoW models, but they're done in the very same style.
I think we should just go with some for now, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.