• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft III - Fall of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Please, don't double-post.
I'd have to say that the beta date is very iffy, Ryaku, don't get your hopes too high.

Level 17
Did you not comprehend what Cthulus said? You cannot get the BETA yet, as this modification is still in heavy development. Though I'm sure a demo will soon be in our grasp.

Level 9
Ryaku, I understand that you're eager for a beta, but I expect the earliest we can expect an open beta would be late summer. These guys are hard at work, but we're still in the earlier stages and to have the mod out so soon would just be ludicrous. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
Level 5
sorry JokeMaster, but theres a troll in your avatar and he is probably mind controling you to be trolling.
Give these people some hope!

Level 16
I am not bashing, or trolling...I just say the truth...And Liznane thanks, atleast this one time we share an opinion.
Btw its time to explain something:
A beta version it's a playable version(in this case of a map) wich has minor or major bugs but is still playable.
An alpha is a probably not playable , just existing map wich has some parts of the functions wich should be implemented.
I would say if you wanna play something till the end of the summer look for SOC it is not so far away from completion as FOD...

Level 23
Oh, its great hat its back! ^^

Well first of all your project isnt as big as FoD, though still really great. Second, you have a pretty professional team, while I prefer to find people who are beginning. Plus you are a pretty experienced leader if I recall. Im an amateur in leadership and it is pretty important in a project.

Level 9
Scars of Conflict is back. We, however, don't give people false hope by saying that we're almost done with a Beta. We're more realistic than that.

Well excuse me for trying to keep people interested in something new, sir.
Yes, I know that the date is very far away from now, but it never bodes well to tell everybody that by the time you release even your open-beta, Starcraft II will be out, and so will everything else :p

Keeping optimistic, even if it's a little silly at times, can help, you know? People won't try as hard when they know that so few people expect a project to ever kick off. JokeMaster, yes, I understand what you mean as well, but again, things don't go as well when people are so intent on making things seem so... grim?

And now let's return to the main topic. As I said earlier, don't expect a beta to be released publicly for a very long time. If you.. *removed* had bothered to read my posts a little better, I said "the earliest we can expect", so the end of summer would probably still be far from release dates for open beta.
And Joke, we might be a really... friendly community, but maybe it's not such a good thing to basically advertise some other project, even one so great as SoC, here on another project's MapDev thread.
[Responding to this post with more argumentative replies or even more thinly-veiled insults will only make you seem more immature.]

Last edited:
Level 9
I never said that we were almost done, Debode. I just said up there that I was just speaking with some hope when I said 'late summer'. Again, all the thinly-veiled insults are really not needed, guys. Go be an arsehole somewhere else, Debode, or at least pretend to return to discussing the main topic...

Forgive and forget.

Level 9
Exactly what I said multiple times..
Which Barracks model are you referring to? I've seen one or two on XGM.

Level 16
I know that somew times i sound really pesimistic, but i am a realist , i say just the truth and truth can hurt you know?Kam has right those barracks are just awsome(if you don't look at the file size)
Cthulus , Debode you're also right but look at all the junk that we post. it's a spam topic we have no progress, no information, no SCREENS(Ala you know what i will do) come on move you'r asses and get to work(yes i should do it too).

Kam meant probably those http://xgm.ru/p/wc3/horde-barracks-of-war2times

Level 9
Joke, you're right, but I only ask that I'm not smothered with shit-talk when I try to raise a point... ANYWAY, I remember that model :D It looks alright, but I personally think it's a little too over-pillared to go with even the dark nature of the Orcish Horde.
I honestly think it looks a little silly, but it's still a good model.

Level 3
There arent too much pillars. Horde like to be dominant and powerfull so that picture would be great in game. Just mine suggestion, dont hate me

Level 16
Ryaku we are trying to make the horde before it's corruption , befor it was a big war machine. We are basing on WOW mag'har style. A weaker but more shamanistic orc style.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I think they can resemble cherokee, aztecs or other American indian tribes. Meaning military isn't evolved but it exists as brave men trained to fight with metal and wood melee and ranged weapons. Their leaders the priests (or shamans in some tribes) have the ability of seeing the future, healing and maybe rank raising. Other tribes have chiefs which consist very much of powerful men capable to defeat all of it's tribe members (on row).

Level 9
deepblade, the Orcish clans are nothing like the Aztecs. They were centered on building upwards, higher and higher, and looking at the stars. The Orcs, while I'm sure their shamans did some of that, are much more like the Native Americans.

MOMBI, this mod won't be out for a very, very long time. You'll have to be much more patient. These guys are working hard (I think), but it's not very kind to ask them to hurry so much :p

Level 9
Okay Ogre upgrade concepts so far

Defend Yourselves(Name not final xP): Turns the slave(That's the ogre worker right?) into axemen, light infantry that can still harvest and build

Enrage: Teaches the Brawler Enrage

Crush!: Gives Maulers the Crush attack

Brutal Ravager: Upgrades the Brutes to Ravagers, a medium melee soldier with the Ravage ability, can only be upgraded in tier 3, this will reduce having to get rid of lower units for food capacity and give the brutes a chance in late game

Ravage: The Ravager swipes both of his weapons, dealing massive damage and leaving a short bleed effect

Lash of the Gronn: Intimidating the slaves with the wrath of the gronn, the ogre leaders make the slaves harvest more with each trip

Blade's Edge: Bone Crushers receive a cleave effect, also allows the training of Raptors, from a new building you acquire from this upgrade called the Beast Cave, who are light units but cost very little(Make em like Ghouls/Zerglings XD)

Level 3
Hmm then how about... making Durotan and Drek'thar in game?
And Blackhand. I know that this sounds stupid because its before war but every Orcish Clan has an Warchief / Chieftain

Level 9
Why the heck do you people want raptors?! D:
They dont fit ogres a bit! They dont fit anyone a bit!

Anyway, most of those upgrades are pretty nice. Keep working.

Raptors are epic man, also there are ogres in the Blade's Edge Mountains so I THOUGHT making them available with an upgrade called Blade's Edge would POSSIBLY make you happy, guess not so, reworked version

Blade's Edge: Give Bone Crushers the cleave attack and allows the building of the Beast Cave which trains (Hellboars, Wyverns, Bats, Giant Spiders or Scorpids, you pick)

Level 23
Nah, this upgrade is unfitting unlike the other ones you made.

Raptors are part of that WoW idiotism similar to the one they did in Un'goro crater. I mean, come on! Dinosaurs in Warcraft? Thats idiotic! Its almost the same as putting dinosaurs in Lord of the Rings!

Oh and I would love to have CGI, like EoE has, but Kingbdogz has an amazing skill to attract people he needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.