• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] WarCraft III Alpha 1999 (Remake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and good day to you.

I am intrigued and want to ask: Is this going to be the very first version of Warcraft III with role-playing strategy/real-time tactics gameplay?

I am looking forward to your answer.

Yes, this is a alpha 1999 recreation. RPS - Role Playing Strategy genre that blizzard originally planned for Warcraft 3.

Blademaster.png

PS: If anyone wants to work with us, check the F.A.Q tab. It will direct you to sign-in link.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oops, I meant left, but you got the idea lol xd

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What does full client mod mean?

Level 7
Pretty much that the entire game's being modded to support this functionality. A conversion, if you will. It's not just a custom campaign or map, it's a full conversion.

Level 1
Yes, this is a alpha 1999 recreation. RPS - Role Playing Strategy genre that blizzard originally planned for Warcraft 3.
Aha, I wanted to ask that question... So it will not be just an altered melee mod, you're completely changing the gameplay. That is ambitious - now I am excited! :grin:

About that BladeMaster head : watch out for the three polygons on the top of the head, that where supposed to be the hair ; on the RoC Blizzard model, it has incorrect texture mapping pointing out to invisible parts, so the ponytail pops out of nowhere. You could assign the unused left ponytail area to those polygons. The hair bandages were colored red on the old alpha previews, so you could also edit the texture and add some alpha, to allow team color.

Nothing you can do about the necklace thought, this part uses transparency and you cannot add team color on top of that... Apparently the team color system wasn't implemented yet in early Warcraft III Alpha.

Level 10
Looking awesome. I always wanted a taste of the alpha but in the average Warcraft 3 instead. First time supporting a remake in Warcraft 3!
I wish I could support it, but my signature's full.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just interested, in what kind of pace do you do this project? Have you done the initial ui modification and working on objects (which'd include developing those models), do you have some kind of object-a-day-if-no-test-tomorrow goal?

Also I bet you can do C++ if you're talking about full client mods and stuff... lol I tried that, way too hard for me, Visual Basic for win! :p

We only work on project at weekends and sometimes on random days. The UI is under heavy testing, development at the moment. No we don't have any custom UI. We only have a temporary... Our team is following a simple few project steps:

Step 1 - Models, Modeling, Modeling & Modeling!
Step 2* - Systems, Systems, Triggers, Scripts! (Contains Step 3)
Step 3* - Race, Units, Heroes, Buildings, Race's Playability! (Contains Step 2
Step 4 - Terrain , Terrain, Atmosphere & Environment!
Step 5 - .... You know the rest ...

C++ was not involved thus it is impossible.
But.. we are interested in editing game engine...

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
We only work on project at weekends and sometimes on random days. The UI is under heavy testing, development at the moment. No we don't have any custom UI. We only have a temporary... Our team is following a simple few project steps:

Step 1 - Models, Modeling, Modeling & Modeling!
Step 2* - Systems, Systems, Triggers, Scripts! (Contains Step 3)
Step 3* - Race, Units, Heroes, Buildings, Race's Playability! (Contains Step 2
Step 4 - Terrain , Terrain, Atmosphere & Environment!
Step 5 - .... You know the rest ...
It's good to see you have a team, and that you are planning out what you are going to do.

However, I must give voice to a warning, borne from years of researching and archiving great dead mods & conversions. And that is this; models are nice, models are cool. Models are the eyecandy that both attract user interest & keep you interested as well. However, if you don't start with/put a greater emphasis on actually creating the mod; the actual modification of information in the World Editor (i.e. Step 3, 2 & 4 it sounds like; the techtrees, the triggers, and the environment)... Somewhere to actually put all those beautiful models... Well, let's just say it will not end up well for you all. One need look no further than my signature or Kam's Mod Compendium to know that I have seen too many wonderful and ambitious Total Conversions fail by doing nearly the same thing; focusing too greatly on models and such. There must be some work done for it to stand on.

Just my two cents. As always I wish you luck on your endeavors. : )

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The trick is to make the first functional build asap. After that it's just polishing, adding functionality and evolving it.

It's good to see you have a team, and that you are planning out what you are going to do.

However, I must give voice to a warning, borne from years of researching and archiving great dead mods & conversions. And that is this; models are nice, models are cool. Models are the eyecandy that both attract user interest & keep you interested as well. However, if you don't start with/put a greater emphasis on actually creating the mod; the actual modification of information in the World Editor (i.e. Step 3, 2 & 4 it sounds like; the techtrees, the triggers, and the environment)... Somewhere to actually put all those beautiful models... Well, let's just say it will not end up well for you all. One need look no further than my signature or Kam's Mod Compendium to know that I have seen too many wonderful and ambitious Total Conversions fail by doing nearly the same thing; focusing too greatly on models and such. There must be some work done for it to stand on.

Just my two cents. As always I wish you luck on your endeavors. : )

Yes, you are right. But as you know we need motivation to keep us going. I am not sure if we will ever complete this, but fear not that we will try our hardest*. The chances of it being completed hang on the amount of people who want to join us, who want to work with us. At the moment only two people are making progress and doing actually something. But if we wont make it to the end we will at least release all the resources we had.
Chances of this being completed are 50% / 50%, just like "Dawn Of Chaos".

Ok My computer is fixed. Now for the topic:
I cant manage to create everything on my own, since only I can actually do triggers & systems. But its just too much for me. Im afraid if we dont find any who are able to recruit and help us this project will be freezed or abandoned.

Please recruit in our recruit thread for jobs.

Thrall.png

I officially denounce this project in WarCraft III Engine. It has come to an end. The reason is simple War3 is very limited to decision we wanted to make. But fear not that we will continue our project on our own very engine that will run the game as we intended it to run. We are porting this project to another engine. All the models will still be used. - Genin32

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.