• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Legendary Forest Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I have prepared the Alpha map to those solo testers who are interested, may be play test with friends but this is the only thing I got before release, it will be version 1 once released.

Enforcer is a fire mage and will be worked upon in the future with custom spells but for now he has a very basic spell arsenal.

Items will be following the normal trend of items with multiple shops and there are currently no plans for item crafting yet.

Version 1 will be released with 12 Heroes, each player controlling one and with different types of Hero rather than the current all 12 Enforcers in Alpha.

Tomes will cost mostly lumber and some gold while items cost just gold, this dual resource will be worked upon in the future as well, trading gold and lumber in the works.

There are currently no purchasable items in the current Alpha version, there are unlimited tomes that players can buy but have to earn it via lumbering by killing treants. All players gain gold and experience passively.

Map functions like a Blademasters style game, where players work towards the enemy base while defending themselves with no respawn, in the future there will be food and respawn system in place.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Legendary Forest Alpha.w3x
    99.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Legendary Forest Beta.w3x
    120.3 KB · Views: 53
Level 15
I have added machine learning AI for the computer slots in the upcoming Beta, with random Heroes each game and the AI will level skills normal, however I have not added skill usage, I will release it really soon and also items will be sold in the shops. I really want to hear what you guys think let me know :D!

EDIT: Machine learning A.I has a fix set of rules they will execute and it is totally base on the "feel" of their experience in the game, feel free to get the codes as Beta is coming soon.

EDIT: I will be using my new warcraft user, Mister Utopian to prepare for the new reforged, due to the limitation of account creation by hiveworkshop, I am sadly unable to make a new account but I did merge my other accounts to this one.

EDIT: Legendary Forest Beta is uploaded, please know that you will need 12 players to properly win the game. Please also use the save game function if you wish to continue progress on the game. Have fun! Those makers who wish to look into machine learning codes just open it, it is not protected!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.