• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Colonist Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Life of a Colonist: Islands
Created by Josh007CL
Current version: (Alpha) vA1.0
Note: This is still alpha so there are things to be created and changed.

What is Life of a Colonist: Islands?
Life of a Colonist: Islands is based off of the original Life of a Colonist created by Josh007CL and Demonic_Lord. In Life of a Colonist Islands you work for gold, craft items, purchase homes, and more.

[Features]
-Dozens of islands, including beaches, forests, villages, castles, and more! There are also walkable docks in the game.

-Enter buildings and homes: You will be able to enter buildings and even homes.

-Jobs and Tools: You use tools throughout the game to harvest, mine, log, etc. and collect items that can be pawned or crafted with. Jobs take a little more work. Jobs will require you to have some gold already collected and you will have to work with npcs to gain reputation.

-Crafting system: There are dozens of items you will be able to craft, from special tools, weapons and armor, or even ships.

-Transportation: There will be various methods that you can get around. The main ways will be by ship. You can also take ferries and airships to specific locations.

-Exchange system: Ever 6am and 6pm the value of gold and lumber changes. This will influence loggers and those who with to buy lumber for crafting.

[Current Islands]
-Western Colony: This is where you start. It is a mid-size island with farming and other jobs available. There is a ferry to the grand castle at the end of the dock.
-Mind-shaft Isle: Right below the Western colony is an isle with a mine. This is a great place for anyone looking to mine. There is an inn and forge here as well.
-Valley Bay Village: This village is known for its bay. This is a great place to craft your own ships.
-Greater Forest: If you're looking to chop down some trees, the greater forest including tons of trees for your logging needs.
-Great Mountain Colony: This colony is home to the elves. Here you can learn to craft potions and other things. There is an airship ride as well.
-Ridge Valley Mountain: The ridge valley mountain is mainly for the mid-class adventurer. You can purchase a condo which includes access to a private dock. You must take the airship to get here unless you are an owner.
-Villagers Forest: This is a forested island with a village within it. A great place for hunting.
-Grand Castle: This is where much of the trading and crafting can go on. There is also the library which includes information about anything in the game.

[Tools]
Gathering: Gathers crops. Crops can be sold for gold or can make food or tailor clothes.
Hunting: Hunt animals. Hunting provides different types of meats and furs that can be sold or crafted with.
Mining: Metal is worth a good amount of gold. Mine metal and sell or craft with it.
Logging: Log trees. These can be sold for lumber or crafted with. Lumber can be exchanged for gold.
Fishing: Catch some fish! Fish can be made into food or sold for gold.

[Alpha Tutorial]
-After choosing a man or woman, use the Toolbox item. This will bring up a dialogue box so you can select your tool. You can only use tools under Actions and Tools if you have the specific tool type.

-You can use the tools to obtain items and sell them. There are some items that can be crafted with. Try crafting things, there is even a ship you can make.

-If you want to purchase a home, check out the condo at the Ridge Valley Mountain. The airship costs 500 gold for the ride and the condo costs 5000 gold to purchase.

loaci4.jpg

Western Colony dock

loaci1.jpg

Great Mountain Colony

loaci3.jpg

Great Forest

loaci2.jpg

Grand Castle

[Bugs]
-Fishing can be done on land. This is a known bug that I am trying to fix.

[Feedback]
Thanks for reading the long post. Let me know what you think about the map. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and if anyone wants to help just let me know.

I am still working on terrain, so I will be making improvements in the future. There are more islands to come as well.
[Credits]
Castle Model: Tranquil

Attachments

• Loac2_A1.0.w3x
    664 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Level 4
Just downloaded and tried the map, but don't got time for a full-long review. So im just going to tell you some things i thought about while playing.

Have you thought of making a bigger island as the starting point? I know this is only a beta, if even that, but a big island as a city surrounded by villages and a LOT of jobs would be a lot better. Then you could make a lot of smaller islands around the bigger one, making them colonies and forts and stuff. On those smaller islands you can make the better jobs, as Shipmaker that can make a lot cheaper ships, maybe lord or general, (pirate?) etc. You could also add factions. Two of three different teams with different bonus things, like extra gold income, a free worker etc. You could be allied with them, and be able to use their merchant to get a free rowboat (my rowboat died and I got stuck on a island with animals and died, did not revive afterwards).

Your current map is pretty dull and empty, but it got good potential. Most of the jobs doesnt work, the "Airships" or whatever they are do not work (just shows None in Stock or something), and you're lacking game information in F9. You should add all information, how to get jobs, gold, and how to win the game and more in the F9, cause I just got confused. Is it possible to ress, in that case how? I died and did not revive.

A big + is the kinda floating bridges, and the ship at the starter island.

But all this is just some ideas I had, it's your choice what to use of it and what to ignore. Still, it got potential. Keep working and you will reach the top!

Level 3
Thanks for the reply. Those are all good ideas. Right now it is in early alpha and I haven't had a lot of time to work on it so there are not many jobs. The main things working are all the tools. The airship also should work and take you to the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.