• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lost Islands-Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a Hero arena that is unique and not like the others where you just pick a hero and your teleported to a map to fight until you die. This will be a map where just knowing how to fight will not be enough, you will need to think, memorize and just be lucky at some points.

STORY*****

The war between the Horde and Alliance is ancient and is fought everywhere in the universe. From the mortal world of Azeroth to the orcish homeworld of Outland. Word has spread that a new series of islands have been discovered and are uninhabited by anything except for a few creeps. The strongest heros from both sides have venture to these islands but now have been stranded after a freak storm. Old hatreds still burn for each other on each side but will alliances be broken? Choose your side and venture onto the god forsaken islands and see if you have what it takes to survive.

ABOUT*******

there are 4 heros for each side and each are unique and have different spells and abilities. Each hero has the ability to build unit production buildings and towers right from the start if you wish. There are 3 islands and each have something that makes it different from the other. From terrain to weather and so on. Fight solo or join an alliance with other players. But remember, the islands play tricks and alliances might not last long if you arent careful. The weather changes from being sunny to down pour in just a few seconds. The weather isnt consistent all over the map, each island has there own weather patterns. And each island has there own traps and secrets to keep players on their toes. Anything could happen in the area, from trolls jumping out of trees to a random blizzard that hurts and slows down everything in the area.

PROGRESS*******

So far i have the map and all the units and heros that you can control done.
I am having trouble getting the triggers working and usually im very good at that. Some are easy and others are more complicated since im trying to make a random feeling when they activate that way they arent as easy to avoid and use against other players unless you payed attention. Some triggers will be large scale and effect the whole map or at least most of it to smaller ones that just affect the unit that triggered it. Not all triggers are bad though and some are helpful secrets but the helpful ones are hard to find and completely random.

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Sounds like a game i played on b-net yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.