1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Colonist (Male) Model

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Lee_Go, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. Was wondering... Where are the models in the Colonist (Male) unit? If you place the unit there are like 7 variations and you can't access all of them from the data editor. I'm trying to put each variation into a separate unit.

So question is, how can you get the variations in the Colonist (Male) unit?

2. BlueStudios

BlueStudios

Resources:
    Resources:
    To succeed in making a unit for EACH model variation. You would have to first duplicate the model itself in the data editor, and for each model select it to have one variation and select the SPECIFIC model file you want it to have. Colonist_o1, _o2, _o3. Then you can make a new actor for each, and then a new unit.

The problem you are having is that the Current model data for Colonist doesnt list as having variations, but it does. it must be linked on a different level somehow...

You could also simply use the "Send Message - Actor" > Swap Model > Choose Model and Variation, Trigger, each time you call a civilian in the map initialiaztion and simply make them look like the one you want. But Triggers are the old way to go, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

3. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is kind of only thing answering question, but you just say somehow... so I don't know. I know how to make units its just as you said it doesn't say it has variations and you can't select colonist_01, colonist _02, because it only has one of the variations posted 3 times, and the fourth one is a model without texture that forms 7 variations when placed. Hard to explain, either way you can't select the models.

+rep anyways.

4. Lee_Go

Lee_Go

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhm, just sending for anyone curious if I got this to work....

I pre-placed all the variations of colonists in an unused area of the map, and did duplicates of them for how ever many players there were in game. I triggered everything to move and hide the colonists as opposed to creating and removing. cheers +rep all