• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model (Civilian) with specific variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
[SOLVED] Model (Civilian) with specific variation

I did some Hosting & Site Operations with which the model of the Civilian appears. The problem is every time the actor or site operation is called, the Model appears in different variation because as you know the Civilian uses several variations and textures.

I want to make the model use just one specific variation. I already set Variation Count: 1, it was 3. Now I want this variation of the Civilian that you choose if the Civilian were placed on the map:

Variation 2
Textures: male,helmet,03

I linked a duplicate of the Civlian model and even though I only changed Variation Count: to 1, the model that it uses ColonistMale.m3 appears untextured. If I linked the Civilian model it is textured but changing the variations each time the model is loaded.

The ;RequireAll diffuse,helmet; in Texture Expressions, I dont understand how to make it use the one I mentioned in blizz blue color

Animation problem - SOLVED
Also im trying to make him play Stand Work Variation 02 animation all the time and no other animations, yet he plays other variations as well... in Events - Animation of the Model I did select Stand&Work&Variation 2 but he also plays his other animations that I dont want.

I could use actor events if I knew what would make him not change to other animations but i dont know which. Does anyone know how to fix these?

SOLVED

Last edited:
Level 22
If I knew which actor events I wouldn't be asking. And i've never seen such event that can do that.

Ok you contributed to fixing the animation

|>ActorCreaton
/_ AnimClearAllBut: Stand

|>AnimPlay
/_ AnimPlay Stand Work,02,PlayForever

Now trying to figure out how to make the model appear with the specific varation and texture I want

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Under the model data that your unit uses (the model which the unit actor references for its art) you need to select a specific variation model file. The file you must be selecting currently is the generic file which acts as a container for all variations. The individual variations of the model you want to use are located in the same folder as the generic all variations model but instead have a variation suffix.

Level 22
The generic model is ColonistMale.m3.. this is the one I need to use anyway since Variation 2, Textures: male,helmet,03 which you can choose by placing the civilian on the map and selecting those settings. From the Model data there are textures added either through Texture Declarations plus/or what I do not understand Texture Expressions. Expressions is where it tells it which texture to use, whether to have a Mask/Backpack and which texture to use

So Texture - Expressions has Variation 0 1 and 2, on the map you can choose 1 2 and 3, on the map you can choose male,helmet or male,backpack and in my case I want male,helmet,03 - I need to dispose of the other Expressions after setting Variation Count: 1 and I dont know how to deal with these Expressions and set the only Variation to the one that on the map is Variation 2

Level 22
So when using Texture Applied Groups in the model data which is where you set the texture variations like you do on object properties on unit on the map, I made the texture variation I want.

Now problem is why he appears with backpack and sometimes without backpack, changing between these two variations when I want him without backpack all the time.

Just solved that too. As I said if Variation Count is 1, the model gets untextured. However, if Variation Count is set to 2 along with the Texture Applied Groups, he is textured as I want and without backpack. Also without having to change Texture Expressions, Variation Probability, Number or any of those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.