• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Templar No Variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey I want my dark templar to spawn with only one model variation, as I wish to split it into two units. (each unit uses a different variation of the dark templar)

I can make a unit use the variation with two scythes by setting the model's variations to 1, however I dont know hot to make the model only use the one bladed version.

Any ideas?

Level 10
Unfortunately I don't think this will work as intended but I'll give it a shot.

(my skepticism comes from me basing my actor off the zealot one, who therefore doesn't have any variation references, yet when I created the unit it created dark templars with different variations. So I'm guessing variations are entirely handled by the model not actor. I'll see if I can add an actor event to switch variation on creation)

wooo thanks for the assistance, got it to work by adding an event in the actor that upon unit creation the model will be swapped with itself but with a different variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.