• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Colonist (Male) Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. Was wondering... Where are the models in the Colonist (Male) unit? If you place the unit there are like 7 variations and you can't access all of them from the data editor. I'm trying to put each variation into a separate unit.

So question is, how can you get the variations in the Colonist (Male) unit?

Level 4
To succeed in making a unit for EACH model variation. You would have to first duplicate the model itself in the data editor, and for each model select it to have one variation and select the SPECIFIC model file you want it to have. Colonist_o1, _o2, _o3. Then you can make a new actor for each, and then a new unit.

The problem you are having is that the Current model data for Colonist doesnt list as having variations, but it does. it must be linked on a different level somehow...

You could also simply use the "Send Message - Actor" > Swap Model > Choose Model and Variation, Trigger, each time you call a civilian in the map initialiaztion and simply make them look like the one you want. But Triggers are the old way to go, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Level 6
The problem you are having is that the Current model data for Colonist doesnt list as having variations, but it does. it must be linked on a different level somehow...

This is kind of only thing answering question, but you just say somehow... so I don't know. I know how to make units its just as you said it doesn't say it has variations and you can't select colonist_01, colonist _02, because it only has one of the variations posted 3 times, and the fourth one is a model without texture that forms 7 variations when placed. Hard to explain, either way you can't select the models.

+rep anyways.

Level 6
Uhm, just sending for anyone curious if I got this to work....

I pre-placed all the variations of colonists in an unused area of the map, and did duplicates of them for how ever many players there were in game. I triggered everything to move and hide the colonists as opposed to creating and removing. cheers +rep all

Status
Not open for further replies.