• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft III Total Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, and welcome to my project which I've been working one for almost two weeks non-stop. It doesn't have a name yet, but that's only a matter of time :D

This project is a TC (Total Conversion) of the 4 races into something different. It started out as a small project, with the initial idea being to convert the Undead into some sort of ghost cult - but that idea was dropped and I somehow returned to WarCraft III some time after that and got this drive to make my TC afterall... so, yeah.

The project is still in alpha stage (sorry :p), but I do have information and screenshots for you, so here goes:

(Warning: kinda large pics ahead that can invade your screen O_O)

The Humans become the Holy Empire. Holy Empire of what, you ask? I wish I knew. They're the peeps I thought abut less. Important thing about them is that they have some sort of divine Emperor who imba and I swear that this is just a coincidence with Warhammer 40K. Besides, Warhammer got their idea from the myth of Chinese emperors, so yay for chain inspiration/coincidence.

Anyway, havn't done much for the Holy Empire, so kinda barren screenshot. Still, it shows some stuff.

attachment.php

The Orcs are replaced by the Doom March (this name might change). Doom March is simply, a demon race. No innovations there. I just went on an attachment frenzy.

attachment.php

Shove it, corpses, time for some that don't rot. Undead become the Black Legion, a faction of.... pious vampires. That's right, vampires that worship god-knows-what. I actually know what they worship, but it's kinda early to tell you.

attachment.php

Finally, the Night Elves exit for the Sylvan Alliance, a faction where food chain links seem to team up for the greater good. Seriously. 'Kay, it's not what it sounds like - it's actually fairies having nature fight for the greater good. This is the race I think is the most aesthetically appealing. And I also went berserk on the attachments on this one.

attachment.php

Phew, that was a lot of frivolous talk. Anyway, do tell me what you think, and if you're interested in helping, I need someone who's skilled at triggers (JASS, vJASS, MUI, CookieBaking, you name it) to help me with some annoyingly annoying stuff (I can't do complex coding >_>) and someone who can make portraits (therefore, 3D Stuff skills) for some doodads I'm using as buildings, and other stuff (that's for the polish).

To conclude, I'll post the credits when I release the beta. Hope I have you hooked :)

PS: I'm making this on the Northshire map, in case you're wondering.

EDIT: And I totally forgot to talk about heroes. /Le fail
So, yes, you can only have 1 hero. Currently, when the game starts, you get to pick a hero from a list of three, and once everyone has chosen, the game can start. That might change. Right now I have only 1 hero per race.

Heroes are much stronger than normal, since you'll be having just the one. They also level up to level 15 and have 6 skills instead of 4 :)

Attachments

• Holy_Empire.jpg
    Holy_Empire.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 14,053
  • Doom_March.jpg
    Doom_March.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 19,540
  • Black_Legion.jpg
    Black_Legion.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 15,678
  • Sylvan_Alliance.jpg
    Sylvan_Alliance.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 24,607
Level 7
If you were going to make buildings with a lot of attachments why did u not just settle for using the youtd tower model? It's got like a 3d grid worth of attachments. (Search google for youtd)

Anywho, this whole race idea is neat. Seems in some essence that it might be a wee bit similar to my map:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/siege-wars-184789/ since i plan on re-making the 4 races for wc3. Alternatively you could join up with me since i'm a coder and I currently have quite a documented map. I'm just looking for ideas and more structure to create a few races unit by unit. I'm working on the basic structure to eventually create several maps of different types the final of which would be an rpg most likely, the first map will be just a massing map like battlecraft.
(Search epicwar for battlecraft if you haven't played it. It was the only map worth massing units in for wc3 if you ask me.)

If you were going to make buildings with a lot of attachments why did u not just settle for using the youtd tower model? It's got like a 3d grid worth of attachments. (Search google for youtd)
Never heard of youtd before (I've been gone from the modding scene for a long time), and I'm not sure I can even use that tower thing since you apparently need vJASS skills, which I don't have :/

Anywho, this whole race idea is neat. Seems in some essence that it might be a wee bit similar to my map:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/siege-wars-184789/ since i plan on re-making the 4 races for wc3. Alternatively you could join up with me since i'm a coder and I currently have quite a documented map. I'm just looking for ideas and more structure to create a few races unit by unit. I'm working on the basic structure to eventually create several maps of different types the final of which would be an rpg most likely, the first map will be just a massing map like battlecraft.
(Search epicwar for battlecraft if you haven't played it. It was the only map worth massing units in for wc3 if you ask me.)
I don't plan to do anything wc3-related after this project. When I'm done with this one I'm gonna get back to working on my sc2 mod, MesoCosmos. You might have heard of it if you're used to Mod DB. I'm still looking for team members and all, but that's another story :)

I'm not sure what you mean in your post, though. Are you offering to help or are you asking me for ideas for your map or... both? Sorry, it's a bit unclear.

This looks very nice :)

+rep - I'd like to see it come to fruition.
Thanx. It's almost ready for beta :) I need to fix several issues I've been having first.

I wonder if the globals will lag the game or anything...
Oh no, don't worry. When I say global, it's merely the range of the spell that I'm talking about, like a scroll of regeneration with global range. It's experiemental though because of balancing.

trigger issues mainly. I've ironed out most of them with the help of some people on the forums, but I might run into others soon so expect a few more days before beta (unless my luck just turns out to be very, very good o_O).

I still have most of the hero spells to make and I suspect the game will be hugely imbalanced at first, but that's what testing's for, right? :)

So, I kinda was in radio silence mode for a few days, sorry 'bout that. I still don't have a beta to show because I'm having major creativity block, plus a few things just aren't working (damn triggers).

Anyway, if you feel inspired, feel free to help me with hero spell ideas. I didn't want to do this because I wanted to surprise those people who would download my map and try it out, but I feel that if I don't I'll just delay even more and drive myself bonkers. I'm using a lot of already existing spells because they so happen to work with the theme of this and that hero. I'm not looking for a complete list of all the spells a hero can have, but just several suggestions here and there. And nothing too complicated because I'm not a coding genius. I don't even understand JASS, so please be gentle, lol.

Anyway, here are screenshots of the heroes. I'll only give you their names (and a very, very small description) so that you may exert a bit more creative liberty because too much description can restrict your imagination. Of course, being too vague can work against me, but I'll just risk it since I really wanna keep most of what I can keep under wraps... under wraps :p

attachment.php

Blessed Vessel - Strength (mostly finished)
Prophetess - Intelligence
Inquisitor Prime - Agility

attachment.php

Baron of Carnage - Strength
Fallen Angel - Agility
Infernal Avatar - Intelligence (mostly finished)

attachment.php

Mistress of the Cabal - Agility
Obelisk - Intelligence
Nosferatu - Strength

attachment.php

Alpha Wolverine - Agility
Sanctuary Keeper - Intelligence (mostly finished)
Stone Hulk - Strength

Btw, I forgot to mention, each hero has 3 active skill and 2 passives (one being an aura and one being a personal effect passive, like bash or slow poison) and 1 ultimate, which can be passive or active. I have pretty much all of the auras figured out. The only heroes missing auras are the Alpha Wolverine and the Obelisk.

PS: can't find damn credit list *sigh*. I'll just throw the credits in during beta. Gotta find it first though >_>

Attachments

• Holy-Empire-Champions.jpg
    Holy-Empire-Champions.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 5,179
  • Doom-March-Champions.jpg
    Doom-March-Champions.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 5,770
  • Black-Legion-Champions.jpg
    Black-Legion-Champions.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 5,542
  • Sylvan-Alliance-Champions.jpg
    Sylvan-Alliance-Champions.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 6,124
I didn't use an actual tech-tree diagram or chart I just added building requirements here and there and just modified this and that as I progressed. I'm done with the buildings and units (I might need some upgrade/research suggestions later) but right now I need to finish the heroes then I can get the beta up and running.

I lost count. I keep importing and removing those that I'm not using. The map's around 6 MB right now, but it shouldn't get any heavier. It might get lighter if I do a little cleaning up in the imports.

Right now I'm wrestling with some stupid leaks that are literally killing the game with lags. If anyone here is good at triggers, I'd be very grateful if you can help me. Like I said before, I'm not very good at coding, so I'm sure I've overlooked a lot of stuff which is causing serious pain to the game.

Also, I'm kinda swarmed with other stuff at the moment. I'll keep checking this thread everyday, but I'm not working on it like when I first began. Things should clear up come March 16th.

Level 2
i like this idea. i made something similar, but much simpler (rebalanced heavily existing races, since game is reduced to endlessly repeated cookie-cutters).

anyway, i can offer you only thing i can do REALLY well - balancing (i use unit stats, excel, vodka and some aspirins). seriously, i'm quite good at it.

i've done this many times before, so it won't take much time at all (good thing for me, since i'm a member of another project, which eats all my spare).

also, i got a home-lan, so i could probably do some 2v2 beta testing with my friends sometimes. pm me if you're interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.