1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WarCraft III Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Spellbound, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hello, and welcome to my project which I've been working one for almost two weeks non-stop. It doesn't have a name yet, but that's only a matter of time :D

This project is a TC (Total Conversion) of the 4 races into something different. It started out as a small project, with the initial idea being to convert the Undead into some sort of ghost cult - but that idea was dropped and I somehow returned to WarCraft III some time after that and got this drive to make my TC afterall... so, yeah.

The project is still in alpha stage (sorry :p), but I do have information and screenshots for you, so here goes:

(Warning: kinda large pics ahead that can invade your screen O_O)

Humans

The Humans become the Holy Empire. Holy Empire of what, you ask? I wish I knew. They're the peeps I thought abut less. Important thing about them is that they have some sort of divine Emperor who imba and I swear that this is just a coincidence with Warhammer 40K. Besides, Warhammer got their idea from the myth of Chinese emperors, so yay for chain inspiration/coincidence.

Anyway, havn't done much for the Holy Empire, so kinda barren screenshot. Still, it shows some stuff.

[​IMG]

Orcs

The Orcs are replaced by the Doom March (this name might change). Doom March is simply, a demon race. No innovations there. I just went on an attachment frenzy.

[​IMG]

Undead

Shove it, corpses, time for some that don't rot. Undead become the Black Legion, a faction of.... pious vampires. That's right, vampires that worship god-knows-what. I actually know what they worship, but it's kinda early to tell you.

[​IMG]

Night Elves

Finally, the Night Elves exit for the Sylvan Alliance, a faction where food chain links seem to team up for the greater good. Seriously. 'Kay, it's not what it sounds like - it's actually fairies having nature fight for the greater good. This is the race I think is the most aesthetically appealing. And I also went berserk on the attachments on this one.

[​IMG]

Phew, that was a lot of frivolous talk. Anyway, do tell me what you think, and if you're interested in helping, I need someone who's skilled at triggers (JASS, vJASS, MUI, CookieBaking, you name it) to help me with some annoyingly annoying stuff (I can't do complex coding >_>) and someone who can make portraits (therefore, 3D Stuff skills) for some doodads I'm using as buildings, and other stuff (that's for the polish).

To conclude, I'll post the credits when I release the beta. Hope I have you hooked :)

PS: I'm making this on the Northshire map, in case you're wondering.

EDIT: And I totally forgot to talk about heroes. /Le fail
    So, yes, you can only have 1 hero. Currently, when the game starts, you get to pick a hero from a list of three, and once everyone has chosen, the game can start. That might change. Right now I have only 1 hero per race.

Heroes are much stronger than normal, since you'll be having just the one. They also level up to level 15 and have 6 skills instead of 4 :)

Attached Files:

2. Argus

Argus

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like this, there's some innovation in here, something you don't see that often in maps. Are the tech-trees finished, and could you perhaps offer a preview?

Also, I could help with portraits and minor modeling stuff. Just send me some close-ups of the buildings.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I might have 1 or 2 building unfinished for the most completed race (Sylvan), but I'll try and have techtrees up soon.

Also, those close-up, you mean images, right? Then you'll throw the various doodads together and make a model out of it (with a portrait?).

4. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks interesting, I might wanna help with ideas:)

5. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you were going to make buildings with a lot of attachments why did u not just settle for using the youtd tower model? It's got like a 3d grid worth of attachments. (Search google for youtd)

Anywho, this whole race idea is neat. Seems in some essence that it might be a wee bit similar to my map:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/siege-wars-184789/ since i plan on re-making the 4 races for wc3. Alternatively you could join up with me since i'm a coder and I currently have quite a documented map. I'm just looking for ideas and more structure to create a few races unit by unit. I'm working on the basic structure to eventually create several maps of different types the final of which would be an rpg most likely, the first map will be just a massing map like battlecraft.
    (Search epicwar for battlecraft if you haven't played it. It was the only map worth massing units in for wc3 if you ask me.)

6. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... This current idea is good too, and he's making his own models I presume.

7. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Never heard of youtd before (I've been gone from the modding scene for a long time), and I'm not sure I can even use that tower thing since you apparently need vJASS skills, which I don't have :/

I don't plan to do anything wc3-related after this project. When I'm done with this one I'm gonna get back to working on my sc2 mod, MesoCosmos. You might have heard of it if you're used to Mod DB. I'm still looking for team members and all, but that's another story :)

I'm not sure what you mean in your post, though. Are you offering to help or are you asking me for ideas for your map or... both? Sorry, it's a bit unclear.

8. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Whoops double post >_>

I just threw dummy units together and all the custom models have been downloaded from here :)

9. Argus

Argus

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes.

10. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Oh okay, cool - wait... that would mean my attachment frenzy was for nothing :eek:
    daaaaaayme.

I'll get back to you with the images

11. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will there be special events for the races in-game too?

12. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by special events?

13. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like, as in special stuff that they need to do to get a unique spell or upgrade?

14. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    No, there won't be any of that. I'm trying a sort of support power system though (global spells) for each race. Will have to see if it's overpowered or not or will interfere with the balancing of the game.

15. Skeedish

Skeedish

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks very nice :)

+rep - I'd like to see it come to fruition.

16. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if the globals will lag the game or anything...

17. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanx. It's almost ready for beta :) I need to fix several issues I've been having first.

Oh no, don't worry. When I say global, it's merely the range of the spell that I'm talking about, like a scroll of regeneration with global range. It's experiemental though because of balancing.

18. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
  19. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    looks good so far ^^

20. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way, what 'issues' need to be fixed?