• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4-Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Selami nobody reall cares about this idea. Do these three things and I might bother reading your full idea.

1) Learn to spell and speak English...
2) Get a good idea, cause this one is bad
3) Plot down so things for the map-maker that would be unique in this campaign that you want included. (Everytime I start to make a campaign, I open Word and jot down atleast 13 pages of unique things in my campaign)

1. Don't flame him because of his spelling.
2. YOU think its a bad idea, other people may not.
3. Did you not see in the first post that it was an IDEA? He suggested that map makers get together and make something of it, he didnt even say anything about making the map himself. All of his ideas were suggestions, therefore, if map-makers were to get together, sit down, and discuss what the map/campaign would be, im sure they could pull together ideas of their own, just as you could if you were in their position. So, the overall point is: no one cares that you dont, and that you shouldnt flame other people for the ideas that they think are good and you may not.

Level 28
1. Don't flame him because of his spelling.
2. YOU think its a bad idea, other people may not.
3. Did you not see in the first post that it was an IDEA? He suggested that map makers get together and make something of it, he didnt even say anything about making the map himself. All of his ideas were suggestions, therefore, if map-makers were to get together, sit down, and discuss what the map/campaign would be, im sure they could pull together ideas of their own, just as you could if you were in their position. So, the overall point is: no one cares that you dont, and that you shouldnt flame other people for the ideas that they think are good and you may not.
1) He didn't flame
2) Check the other posts
3) If map makers want to get together for an idea, they can at any time, this isn't even an idea, it's the same as saying "let's create a campaign... but I won't create it", as it will probably have nearly nothing to do with Warcraft 4.
Why would you create a topic if you want to create something? You need a real idea first, then you can get together, post a topic about it, search for people who are willing to help out etc...

Level 14
1) He didn't flame
2) Check the other posts
3) If map makers want to get together for an idea, they can at any time, this isn't even an idea, it's the same as saying "let's create a campaign... but I won't create it", as it will probably have nearly nothing to do with Warcraft 4.
Why would you create a topic if you want to create something? You need a real idea first, then you can get together, post a topic about it, search for people who are willing to help out etc...

Most of the posts that I've seen in this thread have been "flaming" selamiboss, aside from ClanOOKARep and one or two others, everybody seems to think selamiboss is demanding a WC4 game from the hive. Obviously his initial post was grossly missinterpreted. He merely suggested a potential project for THW. If the best site editors (not neccesarily moderators) don't want to work on a WC3 campaign designed to pick up where TFT left off, then they won't. The WC4 storyline should ignore WOW's storyline, and instead create an "alternate universe" where the creators can rewrite anything they want.

In regards to violating copyright, making a WC4 with the intention of selling it would cause problems. Making a WC3 campaign and calling it WC4 (using the WC3 engine) will violate the copyright as much as TKoK. If I am wrong, then make a name... it isn't that hard. As long as you don't sell it there won't be any problems. WC3 is still around because of the WE and its ability to MODIFY the original game.

To selamiboss: You don't create a thread and neglect to post in it... if you're misunderstood, correct it. If you don't post, pointless arguements like "THW making WC4 campaign is/isn't stupid" occur and fail to accomplish what the thread was created for.

//\\oo//\\

Level 4
Who flames me?Yes i read all.And i understand some things:
1.Admins don't like ideas they like making users inactive.
2.No i'm not going to be inactive for this.
3.I know to spell and i'm even not from england i'm in a country that rarely learns english.
4.If you don't like the post,don't reply.
5.I understood that the users that are saying that i don't know how to spell they may try to check their spelling.
6.No i've learned more grammar then others even did
7.This is a suggestion,i mean,make it a campaign(i know that a game can't be created by 48k inactive users).
8.I saw blizzard team they are a real team.Everyone works togheter.And they created so much games even if they were aproximate 64.

{EDIT 1}
And what if i am a new user here.I am a old user on warcraft 3 filefront.Check it out.I made 250 uploads there.I don't know why i've come here.There was better.And if I don't repsect a rule,Im going to say:Delete some rules!!!!Even giving reputation is illegal here :pal:

{EDIT 2}
And double posting is permissed everywhere.Think about this:triple posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
Duuuudde, you are so hardcore... moderators won't like your attitude. And triple-posting. Please use edit.
Anyway, back to map making... Oh, yes, see, there are already enough alternative Warcraft story camapings at THW, and your idea is really simple and unoriginal... no offence... And why we should make Warcraft 4? Thats Bllizard job, and we don't want to steal their job. Since we're too lazy and too anxious for new Bllizard games...

Selmiboss, this is not filefront and we have more... hmmm... discipline and rules here... And please use edit button if you have something else to say...

Level 4
Yeah right.. so better luck with this thread... we're getting tired of this, it might get closed soon..

As far as i can tell, there are about 5-7 of you who want this thread closed. Out of some 50k users?
It WAS an idea, it was an idea that he thought would be cool, so who gives a flying crap about why you guys think its a bad idea. There are 50k other users here that have not said anything about this yet, so dont think because you guys think that his idea is crap...which its not...that the thread will get closed. I admit, yes, his idea needs some work, but the idea was not a bad one to start with. Like Borris, me, and few others have said, even if you dont like it, atleast tell him nicely things that could be worked on, dont shoot an idea down if you dont like it. Congrats to Borris, selami, and the others who say the same.

As far as i can tell, there are about 5-7 of you who want this thread closed. Out of some 50k users?
It WAS an idea, it was an idea that he thought would be cool, so who gives a flying crap about why you guys think its a bad idea. There are 50k other users here that have not said anything about this yet, so dont think because you guys think that his idea is crap...which its not...that the thread will get closed. I admit, yes, his idea needs some work, but the idea was not a bad one to start with. Like Borris, me, and few others have said, even if you dont like it, atleast tell him nicely things that could be worked on, dont shoot an idea down if you dont like it. Congrats to Borris, selami, and the others who say the same.

You're totally missing the point why this thread is asking to be closed. Threads like this are asking for flame wars, hence the multiple closure requests.

Level 4
You're totally missing the point why this thread is asking to be closed. Threads like this are asking for flame wars, hence the multiple closure requests.

This thread is asking to be closed just because they dont like selami's idea, and because they dont like his idea, they flame. People dont like flaming therefore, they ask for the thread to be closed. If they dont flame, the thread most likely wont be closed.
Solution: they dont like the idea, they dont post in the thread, there is no 'flame-wars'.
I have no problem with them thinking its a bad idea, my problem comes when they dont wanna help him out, they wanna flame.

Level 28

Stop this right now and let's rewind a bit.
Everyone who has some mapping skills here told him this is a bad thread, could this perhaps be because those people know more about it?
In any case: "some work"? He just said "hey, let's make a campaign", he didn't give an actual idea.
If people want to make a campaign, let them decide for themselves and if they feel like it, I'm sure they will...
The ideas he did give for the races and such are way too generic to actually become something.

Selami said:
Who flames me?Yes i read all.And i understand some things:
1.Admins don't like ideas they like making users inactive.
2.No i'm not going to be inactive for this.
3.I know to spell and i'm even not from england i'm in a country that rarely learns english.
4.If you don't like the post,don't reply.
5.I understood that the users that are saying that i don't know how to spell they may try to check their spelling.
6.No i've learned more grammar then others even did
7.This is a suggestion,i mean,make it a campaign(i know that a game can't be created by 48k inactive users).
8.I saw blizzard team they are a real team.Everyone works togheter.And they created so much games even if they were aproximate 64.
  1. Nope, admins (and moderators) love to accept good ideas, nothing more interesting than a good idea (such as the new map contest idea).
  2. Good, you shouldn't.
  3. The fact remains: your English is quite lacking.
  4. Same as 4, 6.
  5. Same as 4, 5.
  6. What should 'it' be? There are already campaigns that go deeper in the warcraft lore and a warcraft 4 campaign is out of the question.
  7. This isn't even a valid point, Blizzard is something completely different than a group of fans who create fan-made maps.

Level 4
Stop this right now and let's rewind a bit.
Everyone who has some mapping skills here told him this is a bad thread, could this perhaps be because those people know more about it?
In any case: "some work"? He just said "hey, let's make a campaign", he didn't give an actual idea.
If people want to make a campaign, let them decide for themselves and if they feel like it, I'm sure they will...
The ideas he did give for the races and such are way too generic to actually become something.

1. Nope, admins (and moderators) love to accept good ideas, nothing more interesting than a good idea (such as the new map contest idea).
  2. Good, you shouldn't.
  3. The fact remains: your English is quite lacking.
  4. Same as 4, 6.
  5. Same as 4, 5.
  6. What should 'it' be? There are already campaigns that go deeper in the warcraft lore and a warcraft 4 campaign is out of the question.
  7. This isn't even a valid point, Blizzard is something completely different than a group of fans who create fan-made maps.

What i understand is:
This was posted in the IDEA FACTORY.
He is new to the site, dont shoot his idea down.
He probably didnt know that there were already attempts...
Stop bringing blizzard into this because you think its a bad idea.
Stop bringing up his english skills.
Help him work the idea out, dont flame.
Thats all i have to say....

Level 28
What i understand is:
Are you really kidding me?
HE brought Blizzard in this ! I just replied to whatever he was saying, so please read the previous posts before replying, you will look stupid.
I also did NOT bring his English skills into this, I only did so because HE said something about it, again: read the previous posts or you will look stupid.
I am NOT flaming, I know what flaming is, apparantly you do not.
How can I help an idea that doesn't even have a basic concept yet?

It was posted in Site Discussion, then moved here.

It doesn't matter if he's new to the site. If everybody listened to every new member, the site wouldn't even exist.

He brought it, not us.

Read above.

Help him work the idea out

One must first help themselves, and then ask for help of others.

Level 10
I really don't see damn point in this thread, as others have said 100 times, Wc4 Campaigns are already made. Plus I don't get it, some people defend idea of this thread, which makes em to look like fail and yet they still bother. Also as I said earlier, I vote for closure D:<

Level 4
To admin

+Rep to ClanOOKARep because he understood what i say and by the way please read the other posts on this thread you might see that some of the users start flaming around and the admin don't give them -rep but so it is im the new user.
Is that true?A new user can't think here!By the way this is a little off-topic from here im going to launch my new model (Admiral Porudmoore with a better look)

Edit:Why i can't cose a word in place of user?Or how do i do this?(Off-Topic)

Level 10
+Rep to ClanOOKARep because he understood what i say and by the way please read the other posts on this thread you might see that some of the users start flaming around and the admin don't give them -rep but so it is im the new user.
Is that true?A new user can't think here!By the way this is a little off-topic from here im going to launch my new model (Admiral Porudmoore with a better look)

Flaming? There isn't any flaming, if you still think there is, then quote em.

Level 27
What i understand is:

Idea factory is not something else forum. You can't spam it with dumb ideas like "Sock DoTA!" or "Loap AoS"... you have to state your idea correctly, explain it and it should be original and make sence. Secondly, English is immportant... a person speaking wrong may look immature or just stupid (No offence, thats not about you people...), and you wouldn't listen to some 5 year old in reality, same in internet... There are already enough ideas like this. and since the sequel of Warcraft 3 is Wow, you have to base your stories about future of Warcraft universe on WoW lore...

Level 28

+rep because someone supports your idea?
I also know what you are saying, but at least I realise that your 'idea' is way too bland to become something.
Give me the link to some of these posts (permalink), or quote them... I always gives warnings/-rep when someone flames, but I didn't see that here.
I don't give -rep to new users for flaming, when new users are flaming, I give them a warning.
You triple posted while people warned you that even double posting is against the rules. you had the warning, you faced the consequences.

"cose a word" never heard of something like that.

Level 28
I know to write better than you lol.You wrote:immportant

Edit:If i Am Flaming check out the other posts:xxd:
Apparantly you cannot:
  1. Tell the difference between typo's and bad grammar.
  2. Understand what I (and the other people) were saying
I told you to show me the posts of the people who were flaming, as I didn't see anyone flame here.

Level 4
There are still things to discuss....

We find someone with mapping skills, we get a bunch of people together that have a variety of other skills. We have these people sit down, look ideas over, then post what they have, and ask the Hive what they think... is that so hard? He was suggesting some ideas if anyone wanted to start a project like this, regardless of what you guys thought. It needs work yes.......but leave that for the people who want to work on it, you dont like it, then dont post on the thread.

Level 27
There are still things to discuss....

We find someone with mapping skills, we get a bunch of people together that have a variety of other skills. We have these people sit down, look ideas over, then post what they have, and ask the Hive what they think... is that so hard? He was suggesting some ideas if anyone wanted to start a project like this, regardless of what you guys thought. It needs work yes.......but leave that for the people who want to work on it, you dont like it, then dont post on the thread.

*Facepalm*
Most of people here already have taken a look at this idea, and since nobody (except few) don't like it becauce its really banal, there already were created demon races and Kil'Jaden's refenge stories lots of times. And since this thread is gonna go anywhere but to flaming selamiboss and others, I recommend closing his now.

Level 4
*Facepalm*
Most of people here already have taken a look at this idea, and since nobody (except few) don't like it becauce its really banal, there already were created demon races and Kil'Jaden's refenge stories lots of times. And since this thread is gonna go anywhere but to flaming selamiboss and others, I recommend closing his now.

How do i close it then

Level 5
I just couldn't resist adding my comments to this long thread which only has about 3 posts relating to selamiboss's first post.

Whats the difference from creating another campaign on the same idea and an RPG on the same idea?
I don't see how you thought he meant to create a whole new game from his post.
I think it would be a good idea to have maybe a 3-4 map campaign where you play on Kil'jadeen and his army wanting their revenge.
Since this thread is in the idea factory quit posting flaming comments it's just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.