• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4-Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It would be nice to the best site editors(not me) to make a totally new game

Warcraft 4:Kiljaeden Revenge
Suggestions:make the campaings as well the last to be of a new race campaign
New race is Demons(Kiljaeden Army)
Some suggestions for every camp:Human-still fights with undead(they die)
Orc-Are getting evil plans and they fail summoning demons and summons kiljaeden
Undead-put no campaign with em
Night elf:Try to stop Kiljaedens army and they kill him,but in the last moments kiljaedens revive ilidan
Demons+Naga:Leaded by Ilidan they go toa final fight where ilidan kills arthas the lier

This would make the site with more accounts,launching such a game will be cool and might help this site improve!!!!!!

Level 4
A warcraft 4 would be nice actually, instead of all of the random updates for warcraft III, give people something else to play, an almost entirly new game. good idea :DD

Level 28
I think all moderators / admins are way too lazy for something like this (yes: that includes me).
On top of that, the best mappers/modelers/... aren't necesarily the admins or mods ^^

You can also wait a few years (okay, quite a lot of years) until they release the actual Warcraft 4 :)

But no, the idea is just too bland to become something.

Level 28
Then it won't go far!!!If you were a serious admin you would know that working on such a project would get you more users that is equal with more donations and this is equal to site's survive and improve!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_down:
I don't think this site is struggling for survival right now...
And I'm not an admin, I'm a moderator and I'm serious about it :)

In the PM I sent you, I also said we have over 10k active users, with a total of over 58k users, every day over a thousand users visit the site and are actively posting and searching...

Edit: okay, extra donations are always useful, but in the last 3 months the hive got about 360$ because of donations.

Level 4
I don't want to be rude, but.. even if people would make a warcraft 4, and base it of your suggestions.. it doesn't mean that this site would get an more users.

I think some of our hosted projects have far better ideas going. :)
You should check out their forums!

Actually, there are still thousands of users on WC3 alone that dont even know what the Hive Workshop is. If you think about it, linking a WC4 advertisement to hive while being advertised in a WC3 game, people may just find themselves registering to this site to see whats going on. Now im not sayin they will, but its a good idea.

Level 4
Thats a little off-topic.... :D but as i was saying earlier, advertising a WC4 project inside BNET may actually help if it was linked to this site, look how fast D3W went up in popularity, maybe we could expect almost the same thing for a WC4 project...

Level 4
Warcraft IV is only in question. To finish Trilogy of SC2 will take some few years and we don't know what could happen on those years.

We were not asking blizzard to go ahead and make a WC4, he was suggesting that some of the best map makers and editors this site has, start work on a WC4 mapping project, this has nothing to do with blizzard. He was also suggesting that it may have a positive effect on the site as well..

Level 6
We were not asking blizzard to go ahead and make a WC4, he was suggesting that some of the best map makers and editors this site has, start work on a WC4 mapping project, this has nothing to do with blizzard. He was also suggesting that it may have a positive effect on the site as well..

but still... blizzard created WC3, making WC4 should be made by them also... as for the best map makers here.. they shouldn't just make one that fast but must propose this project to blizzard... o'ryt? and after they have been accepted blizzard should give credits to the map makers here on THW (the hive workshop) and post a link at the credits part..

edit: plus WC4 should have better gameplay and state-of-the-art graphics quality

Level 4
Not by blizzard

This suggestion wont be maked with any blizzard.We want to close their mouth (i played wow not so cool no really storyline i would give it a 8 from 10)And even war4 would be nice. This is a suggestion,even if this would help the site alot and no 10k users active i checked out your site on a top of sites some of the statistics were:1k users active;1,4k users not active.Total of users then 2,4k lol(not even aproapch to 58k lol).And i want to close blizzards mouth!!!No help from em.

+Rep to ClanOOKARep for sustaining me(he is a real player of war3):pal:

but still... blizzard created WC3, making WC4 should be made by them also... as for the best map makers here.. they shouldn't just make one that fast but must propose this project to blizzard... o'ryt? and after they have been accepted blizzard should give credits to the map makers here on THW (the hive workshop) and post a link at the credits part..

edit: plus WC4 should have better gameplay and state-of-the-art graphics quality

That won't work. Blizzard isn't an endless sea of people that are waiting to take advice from some random people from a random website. And besides, they already mentioned Warcraft 4 multiple times, so it's only a question of when it will happen.

Level 6
That won't work. Blizzard isn't an endless sea of people that are waiting to take advice from some random people from a random website. And besides, they already mentioned Warcraft 4 multiple times, so it's only a question of when it will happen.

Right... that's the point... the problem is that people can't wait for it.. they are too impatient for warcraft 4 and probably it'll take years again for blizzard to make a new game...

Level 28
This suggestion wont be maked with any blizzard.We want to close their mouth (i played wow not so cool no really storyline i would give it a 8 from 10)And even war4 would be nice. This is a suggestion,even if this would help the site alot and no 10k users active i checked out your site on a top of sites some of the statistics were:1k users active;1,4k users not active.Total of users then 2,4k lol(not even aproapch to 58k lol).And i want to close blizzards mouth!!!No help from em.
Then you checked the wrong part, here is how it really looks like:
Statistics said:
The Hive Workshop Statistics
Threads: 125,148, Posts: 1,210,291, Members: 58,765, Active Members: 10,270
Yay, over 58k members and over 10k active members, I have no clue where you got the 2.4k from...

Everybody here already knows that we don't want Blizzard to create this project (we want them to create the actual WC4 of course, but not this project) and besides: WC4 will have a good story.
I don't see the point in "shutting blizzard's mouth", as WoW wasn't really made for the story, while all other warcrafts had an advanced campaign, so they were more story-based.

It is still a bad idea... we have no clue what to do, no information has been released, no concept, how does the story go further?
Diablo 3 (made by CloudWolf) is popular, but there was already some information about Diablo III, they knew what they had to make, how it would look etc... we do not.

Level 14
THW created TKoK, why can't it create an RTS style game? If THW doesn't want to make WC4 then thats fine by me... but can't we (THW) work on a gametype similar to WC3, like a builder style game with different modes? (not overly orignial, but neither are RPGs)

THW has already created an RPG style game... so why not create an RTS stlye? WC3 IS an RTS.

//\\oo//\\

Level 10
THW created TKoK, why can't it create an RTS style game? If THW doesn't want to make WC4 then thats fine by me... but can't we (THW) work on a gametype similar to WC3, like a builder style game with different modes? (not overly orignial, but neither are RPGs)

THW has already created an RPG style game... so why not create an RTS stlye? WC3 IS an RTS.

//\\oo//\\

What? THW make Wc4!? Duude it's blizzard who made those games -.-

I don't think that TKoK is also created by THW staff.

Level 28

//\\oo//\\

OR why doesn't the hive create what they want to create?
Requesting the hive to create a project is just stupid in the way that a mapper has to like what he's creating, creating something because of a request is something a mapper shouldn't do.
The Hive also has Against the Darkness and Diablo III as hosted projects... so?

I don't think that TKoK is also created by THW staff.
TKoK is a hosted project on the hive.

Guys. The guy that started the thread did actually come up with a really nice idea.
Maybe not me, but someone else, could find a couple of iconners, skinners, modellers, coders, sound artists, story writers and other artists to make a campaign about what they think happened after Wc3. Many people will surely never want to help on such a big project but the concept is really nice. A whole Wc4 will never be made because its just too big, but a fine campaign with a nice story would be awesome. I really like the idea, also if it just never will happend. Some maps as D3:W and TKoK have been taken to a really high level in Wc3 so i think a Wc4 maybe would be possible too. And when im saying maybe possible i do not count the amount of imports it will need :p).

Level 14
"OR why doesn't the hive create what they want to create?
Requesting the hive to create a project is just stupid in the way that a mapper has to like what he's creating, creating something because of a request is something a mapper shouldn't do." -Ap0calypse

... I'm not "ordering" anything from the hive. I'm also aware that THW's major project is an RPG, and only suggested another genre to work with.
If you don't want to work on a map, THEN DON'T. Mappers have to generate ideas before they can actually create a good map. If they don't like the idea then they move on... e.g. you don't appear to favor RTS style maps and there's no problem with that, but if you just shoot down suggestions because you don't like or disagree with them then what's the point of you posting? I apologize if my suggestion sounded like a demand, it wasn't, but please keep in mind you aren't the only mapper on this site.

//\\==//\\

Level 28
Guys. The guy that started the thread did actually come up with a really nice idea.
Maybe not me, but someone else, could find a couple of iconners, skinners, modellers, coders, sound artists, story writers and other artists to make a campaign about what they think happened after Wc3. Many people will surely never want to help on such a big project but the concept is really nice. A whole Wc4 will never be made because its just too big, but a fine campaign with a nice story would be awesome. I really like the idea, also if it just never will happend. Some maps as D3:W and TKoK have been taken to a really high level in Wc3 so i think a Wc4 maybe would be possible too. And when im saying maybe possible i do not count the amount of imports it will need :p).
So basically it won't be Warcraft 4.
If you try to think of what might happen after Warcraft 3 and put that in a campaign, it's just another Warcaft 3 campaign with a story that might have nothing to do with WC4, therefore it isn't WC4.

On top of that, who didn't think of this?
When I first heard the news about Warcraft 4, I thought "hm, could be a good campaign/map", but afterwards I realised that there is just not enough information about it to create it.

On top of that, a campaign takes a very long time of development, especially if it's going to be advanced - since it is supposed to simulate a game that isn't even in development yet, it has to be advanced.
If anyone is interested in wasting his time on a campaign based off a map that isn't even in development yet and will thus be far away from reality.

e.g. you don't appear to favor RTS style map
This is complete bullshit!

Level 14
Anyway, back on topic, a continuation of the WC3 storyline would be a worthwhile project. At least to some of us...

I think comments posted on a thread should be constructive, and if the idea isn't liked then that's fine, but make comments that suggest improvement; instead of just shooting it down. This is the "Idea Factory" and thus the place for constructive criticisms.

As for the storyline options, I suggest to completely disregard WOW's destruction of the storyline, and create an alternate one of our own.
~Loose Ends:
-The forsaken
-The Naga/Bloodelves
-The Alliance/Horde

Any others I missed?

Last edited:
Level 7
selamiboss thank you for starting this thread cause its aperfect example of what is not needed on this or any other site
its on a wrong place (it should be in off topic or better it shouldnt exsist)
its pointless for many reasons
first reason - thwis a warcraft 3 modding site not warcraft 4 developing site
second reason - you dont know anything about making a game, you need programers and an official engine and money, lots of money
third reason - if what you are suggesting to make a campaign not a new game then you are also wrong for many reasons
  • moderators are not best map makers they are just moderators
  • none would play it because its too speculative
  • it would take months or even years to make and by then we may accttually have warcraft 4
reason four - it wouldnt help this site at all
because it can be advertised but it still wont work
people who ply warcraft 3 dont mod it by default
and when they see big letters saying this is a modding site
they get scared
even though many register few rtemain active

so i come to a conclussion
that you joined the site
and said to yourself that after 4 posts you are a genious
and can post threads
and you posted thi useless one and became after tht one of 48 thousand inacitive users

Level 14
selamiboss thank you for starting this thread cause its aperfect example of what is not needed on this or any other site
its on a wrong place (it should be in off topic or better it shouldnt exsist)
its pointless for many reasons
first reason - thwis a warcraft 3 modding site not warcraft 4 developing site
second reason - you dont know anything about making a game, you need programers and an official engine and money, lots of money
third reason - if what you are suggesting to make a campaign not a new game then you are also wrong for many reasons
  • moderators are not best map makers they are just moderators
  • none would play it because its too speculative
  • it would take months or even years to make and by then we may accttually have warcraft 4
reason four - it wouldnt help this site at all
because it can be advertised but it still wont work
people who ply warcraft 3 dont mod it by default
and when they see big letters saying this is a modding site
they get scared
even though many register few rtemain active

so i come to a conclussion
that you joined the site
and said to yourself that after 4 posts you are a genious
and can post threads
and you posted thi useless one and became after tht one of 48 thousand inacitive users

Wow, Zolga you're not helping this thread... so why are you posting on it? You think this is a stupid idea, fine. Go post somewhere else... The reason most members are inactive on this site is people like you murder ideas/suggestions in forums MADE for suggestions and then you proceed to insult the new user. This is the "Idea Factory" and thus a place for CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. Please leave and start an "Anti-WC4 Thread" for yourself and other members who hate the idea of making a WC4 campaign with WC3.

... So, any ideas for a storyline, or are we just going to continue insulting newer, less active members?

//\\==//\\

Level 14
Actually, the reason most members are inactive here is due to the wc3sear.ch merge and/or leeching, so your point is invalid.

I just looked that up, and I'll rephrase what I said;

Zolga, by insulting members you run the risk of making them inactive...

"The Hive is a Warcraft III modding community. If you are totally new to the game or very skilled, you may either learn and get help or teach others"
-News (THW)

If you aren't going to help, then don't post. If you're going to criticize, then do it with a suggestion for improvement... don't "bitch-slap" the new guy for suggesting an idea that you find repulsive. This is a public forum, not your profile page. wc3sear.ch may be the reason we have so many inactive members, but by insulting other members you'll make that number increase.
If that's your intention... leave THW.

//\\==//\\

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Obviously the thread creator has no idea of copywrite or theft. WC4 would violate the copywrite owned by Activision Blizzard permiting them to sue the people involved for millions unless Blizzard is making it.

Secondly WC4 will hardly feature any WC3 plots in it, as WoW has killed most of them. Thus it will probably take place 1000 years odd atleast after WC3 or even 1000s of years before WC3. It may not even be on the same planet for all we know.

Last edited:
Level 12
selami needs to learn to type... and to come up with good ideas... and to actually notice that theres a campaign like that already made...

Level 4
Obviously the thread creator has no idea of copywrite or theft. WC4 would violate the copywrite owned by Activision Blizzard permiting them to sue the people involved for millions unless Blizzard is making it.

Secondly WC4 will hardly feature any WC3 plots in it, as WoW has killed most of them. Thus it will probably take place 1000 years odd atleast after WC3 or even 1000s of years before WC3. It may not even be on the same planet for all we know.

That may be true yes, but he was suggesting a good warcraft campaign, not an actual Wc4. It was made in reference to a wc4 because thats what it would seem like. The map makers can call the map whatever they want to. He was suggesting that someone make a map to fill in the gap for what happens after wc3. I think that you guys missed the point of this post completly....it wasnt about making an actual wc4, it was about getting a group of skilled people together and having them make something interesting that is still warcraft based. If you look at D3:W, all Cloudwolf did was replicate the game in warcraft style, and added a word at the end. Tell me how this would be any different.

Level 27
It would be nice to the best site editors(not me) to make a totally new game

Warcraft 4:Kiljaeden Revenge
Suggestions:make the campaings as well the last to be of a new race campaign
New race is Demons(Kiljaeden Army)
Some suggestions for every camp:Human-still fights with undead(they die)
Orc-Are getting evil plans and they fail summoning demons and summons kiljaeden
Undead-put no campaign with em
Night elf:Try to stop Kiljaedens army and they kill him,but in the last moments kiljaedens revive ilidan
Demons+Naga:Leaded by Ilidan they go toa final fight where ilidan kills arthas the lier

This would make the site with more accounts,launching such a game will be cool and might help this site improve!!!!!!

Selamiboss, see, Warcraft is a trademark of Blizzard, and we can't make a game, since then it would be against the law. And by the way, it would require a lot of work to create warcraft 4, and there are only few professional enough people for that...
And if by the game you meant mod/map/campaing, it was already made few times, and adding just a one race, which is kinda obvious, since there are already enough demon units to create race, you would need only to get buildings... And the story you told is obvious, bland and, no offence, kinda amateurish. If you want, you can try to make it by yourself, since I'm not sure if some professional mapmaker would get intrested in it... But if you'll create a new, really intrestng story or really original and fun gameplay idea, you'll surelly make people fell intrested in it... and if you're making a story in warcraft universe, try to make so it would fit with WC lore...

Level 4
Selamiboss, see, Warcraft is a trademark of Blizzard, and we can't make a game, since then it would be against the law. And by the way, it would require a lot of work to create warcraft 4, and there are only few professional enough people for that...
And if by the game you meant mod/map/campaing, it was already made few times, and adding just a one race, which is kinda obvious, since there are already enough demon units to create race, you would need only to get buildings... And the story you told is obvious, bland and, no offence, kinda amateurish. If you want, you can try to make it by yourself, since I'm not sure if some professional mapmaker would get intrested in it... But if you'll create a new, really intrestng story or really original and fun gameplay idea, you'll surelly make people fell intrested in it... and if you're making a story in warcraft universe, try to make so it would fit with WC lore...
Off this people think im going inactive lol,and even a wc3 campaign(make very good with a trailer,all others)would be nice and don't think negative.Sleeping is killing your own life.(I mean to say if you're lazy and so on you dont get nothin)

{EDIT}
Bump

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Selami nobody reall cares about this idea. Do these three things and I might bother reading your full idea.

1) Learn to spell and speak English...
2) Get a good idea, cause this one is bad
3) Plot down so things for the map-maker that would be unique in this campaign that you want included. (Everytime I start to make a campaign, I open Word and jot down atleast 13 pages of unique things in my campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.