• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 Mod?

Would you like to see a Warcraft 4 Mod within Sc2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
WARCRAFT 4

Just thought i'd open up the discussion of their being a warcraft 4 type mod within the sc2 engine.
No dought there will be many new advancements that will enable much better gameplay, but ofcourse there could be drawbacks, such as no Heroes/Items potential within sc2?

Regardless what would you like to see in a warcraft 4 mod, Gameplay Wise were it ever to come out.

Stuff id like to see:
  • More Racial Heroes
    Would also be nice if they were all generally created/designed so any of them can potentially be a decent 1st Hero, as current war3 tends to favour certain heroes.
  • More Diverse Neutral Heroes
    * More Auras (Currently not even one :-()
    * More Unique passives (Just like - Drunken Brawler & Cleave)
    * Less repetitive abilities (e.g. the many AoE's, Rain of Fire, Breath of Fire, Forked Lightning, Cluster Rockets 'Yawn')
  • Units can levelup
    A nice way of rewarding players for tier1 units the've struggeled to keep alive. I think giving them abilities to learn would be a bit over the top, but minor bonuses, and perhaps a final passive ability for if they reach max level.
    Perhaps tier units could be capped at lvl3, tier 2 at lvl4, tier 3 at lvl5?
  • More 'tactics/micro' on Core Units
    More units could gain 'stance' abilities similiar to Defend/Beserk/Shadow Meld
    Rifleman, could have a 'Snipe' ability, disabling movement, but gives a bonus
    Grunts, could have a 'Beserker/Defensive' stance
    Knights, could have a 'Charge' ability (Similair to what Zealots are getting in sc2).
    etc. etc.
  • More UpgradesId like tosee more upgrades, especially on the Main Buildings.
    I'd especially like to see upgrades that can improve your economy

Any other ideas?

Hopefully if we get some good feedback on this I can update this thread with everyones suggestions in an easy to read list.

Level 15
heay people
i spent some time doing stuff like this
so i want to help with this
since once its releaced
there will need to be
  1. a system of 1 campaines or a SEMPQ drafting update

also once things take off on my avast project and rageingspeedhorn finaly follows up on his poromesses to me i would be glad to help/wright some of the lore

Level 12
Ok so, id assume it would be set just after or during WoW?
What races would we have?

- Human
- Orc
- Night Elf
- Undead

- Burning Legion ?
- Blood Elf/Naga?

What Heroes/Units would we now have, as e.g. Blood Elf are no longer with Humans.

Level 12
Problem with Naga is they are Aquatic, so strange to seem them becoming a full blown land based race.
Thats why I'd recommend making Blood Elfs a primary with some Naga as secondary support in there, just like how Human had some Blood Elf/Dwarfs in with them.
(Ghomes could fill in for the Blood Elfs for Human).

Im pretty sure Blood Elf + Naga both originate from the 'High Born'. They went there own way's after the Sageras assult 10k years ago.

===

So anyways what Naga Heroes would we have then?
Sea Witch is a given, any others?

===

I also agree with raging, I think the techtree could be fiddeled with heavily.
Especially IMO, the casters & there spells.

===

Undead should they be the Scourge or the Forsaken?
Both offer different heroes & units.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It would be nice from the recouce point of view. But I dought you will get the models needed, considering SC2 models need 3-5 times the work WC3 ones need and that you are not allowed by copyright to base them on WC3 models and enhance them (all have to be made from scratch).

Level 12
Well the thread was more just for what you would like to see & less if its possible :p.

Stuff like what new Heroes youd like to see within the current races?
e.g. Humans could get a new Ghnome Caster Hero replacing the Blood Mage

What new Neutral heroes youd like to see?
- Pitlord could go towards a Burning Legion race
- Sea Witch towards a Blood Elf/Naga race
etc. etc., leaves some spaces open.

Level 40
I like how everyone ignored my earlier post ;)

Anyways, erm... is this just gonna be another PR?

Also, Draenei are Win. So are Goblins. Why not make them whole races.

Oh, and high elves! And dwarves!

(Ofc you have to narrow it down a bit, but hrm... at least one or two of those should be added, probably)

Level 8
If you ask me, I wouldn't even bother making a Wc4 Mod for SC2, because heres the reason, you would have to do all 4 warcraft 3 races, and well...Thats alot of work. The starcraft mod took long and it has like, 3x less more models than wc3 has, and the models had to be handmade ;P

But I would be impressed if i got a glimpse of a decent wc4 mod. But I REALLY would love to see a Warcraft 4 with the same systems as Age of Empires 3, if you havent played Age of Empires 3, then you wouldn't be familiar with what they make, and by what I've heard Starcraft II also has a havoc system ;D

Level 12
Yea I dought a mod like this would ever get made or atleast finished.
But anyways just wanted to hear what u'd like to see in war4 :).

So how about this, 6 races>>

- Human - (Humans, Dwarves, Ghomes) (Dranei maybe?)
- Orc - (Orcs, Trolls, Taurens)
- Undead - (Lich King's army)
- Night Elf - (Night Elves, & other Forest Folk)
- Blood Elf - (Blood Elves, Naga)
- Burning Legion - (Demons)

Level 12
Yea yea but, ss I keep saying, this thread was meant to be more what you would like to 'have seen' in a war4 mod.

You never know thou, blizz may add a few war3 models for 'laughs' in the campaigns, just like a Hydralisk in the RoC human first level.
We got a zergling and marine aswell didnt we :).

Level 14
Well, some games last forever!

See Tzar? Released in 2001 and I just can say that if it wasn't Tzar, WC3 will never showed up!

See Civilization? EVERY game of the series is played, eventhought that there are currently 4 parts, Civ1 is played as well as Civ4, and Civ3 as the biggest community! (Civ1 is released in 1992, Civ3 (which I'm playing) is from 2001)

Level 22
With war3 I wanted to make a futuristic map, making blank not only all stats of units I woudln't use but changing interface, skins. Still, there are traces of war3 and the whole thing takes A LOT of time. SC2 is already good for that kind of maps. If you make a war3 map in sc2, it will be as hard. We did non-fantasy things because war3 was the best engine so far, but now that war3 can still offer a lot, imo war3 should stay in war3 just like sc2 should stay in sc2. What are orcs, demons, elves going to do in space? oO

Level 25
With war3 I wanted to make a futuristic map, making blank not only all stats of units I woudln't use but changing interface, skins. Still, there are traces of war3 and the whole thing takes A LOT of time. SC2 is already good for that kind of maps. If you make a war3 map in sc2, it will be as hard. We did non-fantasy things because war3 was the best engine so far, but now that war3 can still offer a lot, imo war3 should stay in war3 just like sc2 should stay in sc2. What are orcs, demons, elves going to do in space? oO

So maps like Starship troopers , minigunners, etc didn't mean a thing?

Sure we will see Lotr clones in SC2 of course, maybe even another fire,lighting,hot,sexy,beer-maul?

Deffinatley.. someone should make a Warcraft IV mod...

Try a new spell system maybe.. Im using a new one for my campaign...

----Spell-----------Requirements
Normal Rank 1 – Level 1
Normal Rank 2 – Level 3
Normal Rank 3 – Level 5
Special Rank 1 – Level 6
Normal Rank 5 – Level 7
Special Rank 2 – Level 12
Ultimate Rank 1 – Level 16
Special Rank 3 – Level 18
Ultimate Rank 2 – Level 20
----Total Spells = 20--------------

Status