• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Public Mod Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, as some may know, I am lightning brigade, and I am a data editor. Now, I do the job nobody wants to do, and that is data editing. As a data editor, I put all the pieces together in sc2 mapping. I am here to offer my services.

If you need any form of data made, I am a freelance data editor, and I will get it to you. It works like this. All data blizzard has in the editor, is separated into the two core mods, and the two campaign mods. The core/campaign mods are carriers of data, and can support a lot more memory than maps. I operate using mods. Mods can be attached to your game by clicking to add a custom dependency.

You may now post your modding requests, do not worry, I know a lot about the data editor, and i am resourceful in what I do not. Post away!

Actually now that you mention it..
I could use a few campaign actor units, such as wraiths, without using a campaign dependency. I don't mind importing a mod for such things, but I f-ing hate using campaign mods. They glitch my game.. separating the custom stuff in the DatEdit from things I changed before I added the campaign dependency from things I changed after. I'm not sure if Blizzard has patched / fixed this yet, but I don't care to find out.

Anyways.. I could use some custom units with the following actors:

-Wraith
-Phoenix
-Corsair
-Valkyrie
-Medic
-Goliath
-Scourge

Also, I'm not sure if you know how to do custom models, but if you do, I could use some of these custom models (like the original model.. just change some features like armor-detail or weapons used.. idk.. make it unoriginal)

-Marine
-Ghost
-Marauder
-Battlecruiser
-Medivac

For anyone else who knows how to model from scratch.. or simply knows where I can find one.. I need the model of a planet. I saw one in a video awhile ago, but it was crappy, with giant lines going through it and virtually no textures. A decently modeled planet would really own.

I will, of course, give you credit in my map as well as +Rep.
Thanks =]

Level 11
Actually, you don't need a new model for a planet, just a texture. You could probably change the texture on the Sphere model to something new. Don't really have any idea how, but meh.

As for campaign data overriding your previous created data, I recommend not modifying units, but instead duplicating them and modifying the duplicates. However, I do think that Blizzard fixed the dependency glitch, so they should load properly without damaging data.

Level 22
Since you're into data editor can you make units attached to a unit so that those attached units can be selectable, attached and detached? Like you make a platform as a moving flying unit and you want to attach units on it like standing on the platform but so that you can also detach them and select them, use abilities, etc that is still have them as units not special effects (that would only make them a decoration if you cant select/detach use abilities)

Since you're into data editor can you make units attached to a unit so that those attached units can be selectable, attached and detached? Like you make a platform as a moving flying unit and you want to attach units on it like standing on the platform but so that you can also detach them and select them, use abilities, etc that is still have them as units not special effects (that would only make them a decoration if you cant select/detach use abilities)

That is a skill that I might be willing to learn, for it will be useful in the future. I will get back to you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.