• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modding Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
WarCraft III has a ton of user-made modding tools such as the WarCraft III Viewer and NewGen World Editor. Very handy! So I was wondering if there are any modding tools out already or at least if any are in development. A NewGen Editor for StarCraft II would be awesome, or at least something that increases the playable map dimensions since 256x256 isn't a lot.

If there's already a thread like this... now there's two! :D

Level 22
Let's cut the tape and say 'Open!', as in use resources for SC2 unlike the waiting we had under the rule 'no resource sharing until release'. Now people can start spamming stuff, though with the experience they had, it would've been nice if someone had at least a plan for the tools

Level 25
Yeah, you'd think Blizzard would learn from our mods for WarCraft III that they would make modders' lives easier for StarCraft II. But no! Oh and I heard they STILL haven't fixed the delay problem with WASD or arrow key movement commands online. This too disappoints me.

Status
Not open for further replies.