• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So...any guesses as to how long we'll need to wait for conversion tools and such for modelling in SC2? Things like Magos' Model Editor are incredibly helpful for Warcraft, but I'm guessing Starcraft will use all new file types/extensions.

And yes, I realize the game isn't out yet. But are we gonna have tools in weeks or months? Also, does anybody think it will be at all possible for conversion tools to be developed to turn mdx files into whatever Starcraft II uses? I'm wondering if it's possible to start work on Starcraft models now, but all my tools are free, downloaded, mdl editing only programs.

Last edited:
Level 4
Maybe you'll have to wait a few months, that totally depends on the community tho, if you're lucky you might have one in a few weeks instead.

Who knows? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.