• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 patch 1.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Last night, Blizzard finally completed beta testing its newest Warcraft 3 patch, 1.22. The patch finally attempted to rectify some standard melee balance problems that have plagued players for almost a year now. Also some minor new features were added to Warcraft 3 which many players may find quite useful. To crown all of this, some additional new melee maps have been added to be used in standard melee to liven it up a bit.

WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- The game is now automatically saved in the event of a potential
disconnect. These saved games are placed in the "save" folder.
- Player color selection can now be limited by the number of players in
the game using an option in the "Advanced Options" screen during game
creation.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.
- Added a new in-game cheat "maxfps" to limit the maximum frame rate to
the given number. Example: "maxfps 30" will set the maximum frame rate
to 30 FPS.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.
- Fixed DotA-specific sound effects on Intel Macs.
- Fixed sound falloff on Intel Macs. Distant sounds should now still be
audible.

MAPS

- New maps from contest winners:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

However all may not be as good as it seems. Many people have reported problems with the update. Updating to 1.22 may sometimes fail with an error message supplied by battlenet or even the program in charge of installing the patch. Many useful third party tools like WEU and JassNewGenPack fail to operate after performing the update. Finally many loyal Warcraft 3 melee players say that some of the melee balance changes were not enough or were in the wrong direction.

Thus sadly this patch is not as well accepted as the previous patch (1.21), which removed the need for a CD to start the game. Hopefully, however, any problems with this patch will be fixed soon (especially with third party tools like JassNewGenPack.

At least mac users will be happier thou as it seems some audio bugs have been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
ya there are some problems I dled it and restarted wc it won't come on said that the
wc3.exe could not be found. I'm reinstalling wc now.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The battlenet lag is probably because so many people are updating and should calm down after a day or so.

I also patched fine from Europe (northerend) however from US (azeroth) I received a patching error when trying to download it.

I say a lot of the errors are caused by dicy installations and recomend that everyone who encounters such problems atleast attempts a reinstallation and then reupdate.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Troll-Brain, it probably will help preformance on low spec systems like laptops.

Reducing the overall FPS reduces memorry and graphics load proportionally which may help systems with low end or intergrated graphics.

It can also be used to prevent WC3 from hogging graphioc recources in the case of computers which use dual screen through 1 graphic card.

Level 15
I dont like the patch too
nothing really important changed

e.g. what would be with a fix of running Wc3 on Dualcores? Patch sais its fixed but its not completely and it took me a long time to make it run (regeneration data)

it also didnt work for me at the first time and said it did not fing "war3.exe"
load MV C++ and it works fine

Level 1
Same problems

Last night, Blizzard finally completed beta testing its newest Warcraft 3 patch, 1.22. The patch finally attempted to rectify some standard melee balance problems that have plagued players for almost a year now. Also some minor new features were added to Warcraft 3 which many players may find quite useful. To crown all of this, some additional new melee maps have been added to be used in standard melee to liven it up a bit.

However all may not be as good as it seems. Many people have reported problems with the update. Updating to 1.22 may sometimes fail with an error message supplied by battlenet or even the program in charge of installing the patch. Many useful third party tools like WEU and JassNewGenPack fail to operate after performing the update. Finally many loyal Warcraft 3 melee players say that some of the melee balance changes were not enough or were in the wrong direction.

Thus sadly this patch is not as well accepted as the previous patch (1.21), which removed the need for a CD to start the game. Hopefully, however, any problems with this patch will be fixed soon (especially with third party tools like JassNewGenPack.

At least mac users will be happier thou as it seems some audio bugs have been fixed.

I have the same problem as Gath_Stormer. I have no chance, to start battlenet. I install new and all is okay - after upgrade there is no possibility to enter battlenet. I tried several times (meanwhile 3 hours). There must be a mistake/bug in this patch.

What shall I do?????????????
:cry:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Basically the max FPS was an option in the registry that had to be configured manually.

By them doing this it enables one to atleast have some controle over it.

Basically the only point of it is to save system recources by stopping WC3 rendering more frams than it needs. Or in the case of a faster updating screen, more frames to take advantage of that. The value is also probably saved in the registery.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
For those willing to work with JNGP, you can download 1.21 version of World Editor here.
The download sends you a worldedit.exe file.
Go to your Warcraft III folder, you already have a worldedit.exe, iconless. Back it up somewhere where you'll remember, and drag the downloaded file inside the Wc3 folder. I repeat, DO NOT OVERWRITE, back the current worldedit.exe somewhere where you'll remember.

Level 7
Sucks!! In my opinion they made the two strongest races stronger and NE the weakest race weaker, also I don't think i can get 2 level 32 again :( + gotta play with allies that suck like one of my allies massed ghouls all game.. I really do hate these ladder resets + Patches that can affect my gameplay, atleast they didnt make units weaker, just gotta avoid getting dryads as much now.

Level 23
^^ I see no issue with it, only the fact that it ruins JNGP which is pretty duh, and that they promised for like 6 months a big balance patch, but only made some pretty shit few cares about

Level 22
already knew races were screwed 4life when trying Westfall months ago... gg I'm waiting for SC2 anyway, tired of laddering levels 1-30, then reset. Good I didn't sweat for level 40 solo b4 the reset. Humans without tower repair, nice joke.

Interesting... save the game when casual disconnect. Doubt it works, what you save the game, then after you re-enter bnet you play the saved game? Hardly.

Last edited:
Level 23
Instead of better balance changes, they give us this,

FAIL.

We waited a patch since last year for THIS?

True, that one is epic fail... I loled at it indeed.

TheTerran said:
Interesting... save the game when casual disconnect. Doubt it works, what you save the game, then after you re-enter bnet you play the saved game?

I guess that is what they mean

Level 22
They ruined the game. I thought they were gonna remove some of the changes when I played Westfall. Better without any changes at all than THIS... neither elves are happy w/o micro staff and free exp dryads, nor humans. Undead with lowered 'go to make expand' time - BSht. And I am waiting for SC2, sick of laddering and what they did now, sick of the game. It needs a major change with SC2 that is.

Did you see the maps? Secret Valley - the only good map that has been in leagues, tournaments and is known. Some other new maps for 4 ppl, not for 2. And the only choice to thumb down all shitty maps and use the well known is to leave Tirisfal which also sucks a bit. It was so nice with EI, TS, Phantom, LT, TM, TR, GW. Not some others. Even the LT TFT instead of RoC. LT RoC was for such a long time. LT tft may have only 1 advantage - that orcs won't go creep the fountain with few grunts coz there are now spiders to raise skeletons.

Level 3
as some guys i had problems too for the intallation of the patch...cuz from westfall server it doesn't go and in downloading from northrend it says to me that something it's wrong...so i've to reinstall wc3 :mad:

Level 15
A lot of you people who are complaining about this patch seem very ignorant to me. You have to know this about Blizzard; you're playing a game they've basically listed as "4th priority". Their main concerns for the past year+ have been WoW and Starcraft II, not to mention they're working on Diablo III now.

Also, IceFrog invested 51% stock in Blizzard. If you really have a problem with them fixing small things for DotA, maybe you should invest 51% stock. And that wasn't the only thing they changed...They added the ability for an auto-health bar for units/buildings which makes playing WC3 a lot easier.

I mean, how can you say "we waited all this time for just some dota fix" when there's still more to it like the auto-health bar, the auto-save replay, the saving replay on disconnect to check for ck, and the saving the game on disconnect. The game has reached its peak and has fallen, it's not good for us to expect amazing changes for a game Blizzard isn't even all that worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.