• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Patch 1.22 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
As I noticed some people are not following the patch evolution of Blizzard,
So I had the idea to post them.
Be informed about the patch information which comes straight on from a Blizzard poster.

Blizzard said:
February 6th, 2008 - Patch 1.21b is completed and should be available online today. Patch 1.21b will not break any of 1.21's replays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.21b

FEATURES

- The game no longer requires the CD to play.

The latest announcement about this patch has been made here,
I'll continue the evolution of the upcoming patch.

Blizzard said:
February 14th, 2008 - The Dev Team will be shifting the testing of Patch 1.22 to a test Battle.net server, inviting various feedback perspectives on these final changes.

Blizzard said:
February 29th, 2008 - I appreciate the patience of the community and the patch is still in testing. The patch is being worked on at its fastest pace and no amount of spam or unconstructive posts on the forums will speed up that process. I know the process has been lengthy, but at this point, it is up to the developers to create a solid patch that will improve the Warcraft III experience. When they have updates on that process, I will let you know.

Blizzard said:
March 4th, 2008 - The Dev Team is preparing to send invites to the professional Warcraft 3 players to test out the patch on a test server. If the feedback is positive, we will have the patch out on public servers shortly after that.

Blizzard said:
March 19th, 2008- The Dev Team is now preparing test servers with the patch that will be available for testing by the public. In order to jump on these servers, you will have to upgrade your version of the game to the test patch. Upon completion of the testing on the public test server, those participating will have to downgrade their version of the game back to the latest retail patch. We will also be using Battle.net forums to gather feedback and bug reports from the community. Exact location of this forum is still to be determined.

new*
Blizzard said:
April 1st, 2008 - The Dev Team is ready to launch the public test servers today.

Westfall Test Server - When players select the PTR in their server list, they will then be able to log in and update their client to patch 1.22. When players select a different server, their client will automatically patch back to 1.21b.

[waiting for server live confirmation from development]

April 1st, 2008 - Unfortunately, there has been last minute issues that will prevent the patch from going live on public test servers today. I understand the overwhelming excitement to get into the PTR server to test the new patch and have no desire to give you news of the patch's delay. Nonetheless, I would like to remind everyone that we are almost there and I will continue to give you updates on the patch's progress.

The first question I am already working on is how long the delay is. The updates on this will be posted here when I find out: http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-general&t=1877805&s=new&tmp=1#new

The second question you probably have is why the patch didn't go live today. Here is reason from our Producer, "At the last minute we found a problem with the patch which could break the installs of a small percentage of users." Again, they are only working to make sure the testing and final patch goes smoothly as well as betters your current gameplay experience of Warcraft III.

Please be patient as there will be more updates. Please also keep discussion about the Patch Notes.

Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

Like you see the current patch is being tested by the oh so 'professional' players.
That's a pretty lame way in my opinion,
Although,
Because it requires 'professional' players to test it the patch might be a great one.

Discuss if you want.
I'll update the post when more news is posted.

~- Heero

Last edited:
Level 19
Sorry for the double post,
There is information about the new patch, it has been released public for testing.
Blizzard said:
April 1st, 2008 - The Dev Team is ready to launch the public test servers today.

Westfall Test Server - When players select the PTR in their server list, they will then be able to log in and update their client to patch 1.22. When players select a different server, their client will automatically patch back to 1.21b.

[waiting for server live confirmation from development]

April 1st, 2008 - Unfortunately, there has been last minute issues that will prevent the patch from going live on public test servers today. I understand the overwhelming excitement to get into the PTR server to test the new patch and have no desire to give you news of the patch's delay. Nonetheless, I would like to remind everyone that we are almost there and I will continue to give you updates on the patch's progress.

The first question I am already working on is how long the delay is. The updates on this will be posted here when I find out: http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-general&t=1877805&s=new&tmp=1#new

The second question you probably have is why the patch didn't go live today. Here is reason from our Producer, "At the last minute we found a problem with the patch which could break the installs of a small percentage of users." Again, they are only working to make sure the testing and final patch goes smoothly as well as betters your current gameplay experience of Warcraft III.

Please be patient as there will be more updates. Please also keep discussion about the Patch Notes.

Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
Patch 1.22

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

Status
Not open for further replies.