• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I downloaded that but like the name suggests it just converts lol. Nvm I have trimmed down the music to 600kb by taking a big chunk of it out, so instead of the music running for 117 seconds, it goes for 38 or so.

It works fine for me you just need to convert the file again for example into mp3 just with a lower quality choosed option. If its not enough for you should try the tool wavepad too. For me it is currently so ultimate music and sound file size reduction/editing and convert tool combination. I hope you able to solve the current music file size problem and I wish you a nice day.

Level 22
I downloaded that but like the name suggests it just converts lol. Nvm I have trimmed down the music to 600kb by taking a big chunk of it out, so instead of the music running for 117 seconds, it goes for 38 or so.

Yeah just run it on a loop, but keep the loop in pieces, so it doesn't get repetitive.

Also I meant the original track with no guitar (or much less guitar lol).

The 'original track' implies that Rock Anthem to Saving the World is an alternate version of the Halo theme, which you probably mean by 'the original track'. I'm just saying that Rock Anthem to Saving the World is a completely different track to the Halo theme, not a remake or alternate version. Also, if you think that has alot of guitar, youtube MJOLNIR Mix (which actually is a remake of the Halo theme).

EDIT:
@Grievous1: I reduced the quality, and the filesize was cut dramatically. So looks like I will be using the whole 117 seconds. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Level 22
The 'original track' implies that Rock Anthem to Saving the World is an alternate version of the Halo theme, which you probably mean by 'the original track'. I'm just saying that Rock Anthem to Saving the World is a completely different track to the Halo theme, not a remake or alternate version. Also, if you think that has alot of guitar, youtube MJOLNIR Mix (which actually is a remake of the Halo theme).

EDIT:
@Grievous1: I reduced the quality, and the filesize was cut dramatically. So looks like I will be using the whole 117 seconds. Thanks for the help!

Original = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaNAF0Btcdo

Much better without the guitar, ah this brings me back to the good ol' days, I'm definitely downloading CE Anniversary for this computer.

Level 7
Yea, Halo CE theme is way better IMO.

[off topic] [breaking rules?] xRiot, i dont think a x360 game would work for pc, would it? If yes, pm me.

Level 3
Wow, looks cool. I hope you'll finish it. :)

EDIT: Where do you create your models, do you use 3d programs such as 3ds max and cinema or just Wc3 moddel editor or what's it called?

Yep, that was what I was basically going to copy the basis from. Aside from the controls, I cannot make the HUD or the models for your guns/arms in first-person-view (this was what I was testing, it doesn't work for trying to turn up and down, and also moving onto different heights screws up the camera), and using .tgas or .blps for each animation is too big in file size.

Level 14
Yep, that was what I was basically going to copy the basis from. Aside from the controls, I cannot make the HUD or the models for your guns/arms in first-person-view (this was what I was testing, it doesn't work for trying to turn up and down, and also moving onto different heights screws up the camera), and using .tgas or .blps for each animation is too big in file size.

You can lower the quality for compression.

The controls sucked in that game. Knifing is hard as hell. It's hard to look back quickly. Maybe you should make it able to look back quickly by pressing the down arrow twice in a row.

Level 14
@shinji: then it won't look good :/ Also, rather than just trying to copy Halo, I will make a unique map based on Halo with different mechanics.

@-Peper-: birds-eye view. No headshotting or jumping unfortunately, but it should be more fun and easier to make.

Birds eye? Back view is better in my opinion. It will be easier to aim. Use fade filters.

EDIT: I mean, use fade filters for crosshairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.